2 days into flowering and this! Hydro

Im about to immerse myself. Be right back.

Nutrient film technique (NFT) is a hydroponic technique wherein a very shallow stream of water containing all the dissolved nutrients required for plant growth is re-circulated past the bare roots of plants in a watertight gully, also known as channels.

In an ideal system, the depth of the recirculating stream should be very shallow, little more than a film of water, hence the name 'nutrient film'. This ensures that the thick root mat, which develops in the bottom of the channel, has an upper surface, which, although moist, is in the air. Subsequent to this, an abundant supply of oxygen is provided to the roots of the plants. A properly designed NFT system is based on using the right channel slope, the right flow rate, and the right channel length. The main advantage of the NFT system over other forms of hydroponics is that the plant roots are exposed to adequate supplies of water, oxygen and nutrients.

nft_full.gif

Those big Rock wool cubes work well in a NFT system like above due to their wicking ability.

Kiwiiwik

Nutrient film technique (NFT) is a hydroponic technique wherein a very shallow stream of water containing all the dissolved nutrients required for plant growth is re-circulated past the bare roots of plants in a watertight gully, also known as channels.

In an ideal system, the depth of the recirculating stream should be very shallow, little more than a film of water, hence the name 'nutrient film'. This ensures that the thick root mat, which develops in the bottom of the channel, has an upper surface, which, although moist, is in the air. Subsequent to this, an abundant supply of oxygen is provided to the roots of the plants. A properly designed NFT system is based on using the right channel slope, the right flow rate, and the right channel length. The main advantage of the NFT system over other forms of hydroponics is that the plant roots are exposed to adequate supplies of water, oxygen and nutrients.

nft_full.gif

Those big Rock wool cubes work well in a NFT system like above due to their wicking ability.

Kiwiiwik

I just read that from start to finish. WOW. Some beautiful buds. I dream of growing my babies to look like that some day. In the mean time, This means I can have my roots sit in some water as long as it is fresh. SOme day we plan to seperate our 2 rooms. At this time we could use our flood table upstairs for NFT and do ebb en flo downstairs. And right now is a hybrid? Geez I am all over the place.

I just read that from start to finish. WOW. Some beautiful buds. I dream of growing my babies to look like that some day. In the mean time, This means I can have my roots sit in some water as long as it is fresh. SOme day we plan to seperate our 2 rooms. At this time we could use our flood table upstairs for NFT and do ebb en flo downstairs. And right now is a hybrid? Geez I am all over the place.

its all good learning is part of the fun.

Cloning, you want your clone stems to be around 5-6 mm thick, firm growth , nothing that might become floppy.

slice on a heavy diagonal though a node with a sharp scapel. I have found cutting through the node on a sharp angle gets roots before cutting on a 45 degree angle below the node. the reason why is because the highest levels of hormones are in the node area.

tear the leaves by pulling "downwards" riping the leaves off taking a small layer of outer skin from the stem, this exposures the cambium layer which will soon become roots. It seem cruel but works. do 2 opposite leaf sides, and then scissor off the rest of the leaves you need to remove.
dip in clonex or similar rubbing the gel all the way up the stem.

Plant with your cloning method.

This is my preferred choice, although ive tried them all with success.

Sphagnum Moss, Method

Fill a propagation tray with sphagnum moss, water once till wet, push a bit of water out with hand in tray.

Clones straight into Clonex Gel, get the gel all the way up the stem , then pack sphagnum moss around the clones, you can pack up to 40 clones together in a single tray.

Put tray on a heat pad, mist leaves once only with dilute kelp and a drop of super thrive.

Never water tray again , never mist again, don't use a clone dome.

you will get 100 % strike rate normally. remove and transplant in around 16 days and mist with kelp on transplant.

Sphagnum moss washes off easily to bare roots for hydroponics.

(Over Misting and clone domes slow root development)

Kiwiiwik

Im excited because I know in the end you will become one of the best growers on this forum, you just need to have the patience , passion and the desire to learn.

and everything else will fall into place.

read as many grow journals as you can targeting those which have similarities to your own, Google terminology lots and check out other growing forums too if its applicable to your grow.

Kiwiiwik

If this your system? flow and grow.

seems they do use rock wool in hydroton in their system, you have done everything right by the manufacturers recommendations .

time to ask the manufacturer some questions.

The idiot in the video 2 is clueless and is doing the worst thing he could possibly do lol... I must keep my rock wool wet... lol

Maybe he is the CEO of the company?
Kiwiiwik.

If this your system? flow and grow.

seems they do use rock wool in hydroton in their system, you have done everything right by the manufacturers recommendations .

time to ask the manufacturer some questions.

The idiot in the video 2 is clueless and is doing the worst thing he could possibly do lol... I must keep my rock wool wet... lol

Maybe he is the CEO of the company?
Kiwiiwik.
Hahaha what on earth is going on?! I have seen that first video probably 10 times now as we used it partially for set up. Wtf?

Sent from my SM-G925V using 420

Hahaha what on earth is going on?! I have seen that first video probably 10 times now as we used it partially for set up. Wtf?

Sent from my SM-G925V using 420

yes I found the video while researching your pot system, maybe you will be ok now your not flooding the rock wool.

that guys peppers in the 2nd video are flowering so early because they are stressed because his rock wool is too wet lol and thats the companies video of how to use it lol. The video was on youtube.

yes I found the video while researching your pot system, maybe you will be ok now your not flooding the rock wool.

that guys peppers in the 2nd video are flowering so early because they are stressed because his rock wool is too wet lol and thats the companies video of how to use it lol. The video was on youtube.

Crazy. Live and learn I guess.
20160123_142112.jpg
20160123_142033.jpg
20160123_141826_0_.jpg
20160123_141826.jpg
20160123_141825.jpg
20160123_141823.jpg
20160123_141532.jpg
20160123_141522.jpg
20160123_141437.jpg

looks like 100 percent germination! Getting ready to water the seeds for the first time. I bounced 2 of the 4 ballasts down to 750 watts just now because these plants look stressed. Watered and hoping they perk back up. looking like 3 or 4 10 minute waters a day. Problem is we have to be there or else it will flood into the wool. It is also getting hooot in that room. close to 90 degrees. We have fans but no direct route out of the room yet. the can filter is blowing hot air abck into the room lol.
Sorry for all the stuff here just overwhelmed.

Getting water together for the seeds. Small dose of hygrozyme in ro water. anything else? we have the full soul synthetics line to play with. I do not have an EC meter but after reading last night I feel that it might be important.

Yes your temperature is way too high. You need to find a way to cool the room.

Need to vent the hot air out some how and suck cool air in.

Also water cant hold much oxygen once it gets too warm.

Good work with the 100 percent seed germination.

Try get your temp close to 72 - 78 degrees

A EC meter would come in handy.

Yes your temperature is way too high. You need to find a way to cool the room.

Need to vent the hot air out some how and suck cool air in.

Also water cant hold much oxygen once it gets too warm.

Good work with the 100 percent seed germination.

Try get your temp close to 72 - 78 degrees

Alright, we are down to 2 lights running. Temperature dropped already lol. Thinking about getting small air stones for each site, but that would be an investment. A could we keep those running all day and night and B would it be worth the investment? Our temp is down but i am still concerned about water sitting in those sites when we are not flooding. mainly because of the warmth. Any other options?

The room isnt sealed yet and when it is we will have c02 run in and an exhaust fan out.

Air stones are always a good investment and you run them 24/7 5 watt air pumps would be fine per pot and they are cheap. I dont think you need CO2 enrichment. Its expensive.

Better to bring in lots of air from outside the room. Changing the air often.

I change the air in my room every 3 minutes. This solves heat issues too.

Or Maybe you could get one massive air pump to run all your pots and lots of tubing?

Ceramic air stones are best they produce smaller bubbles.

20160123_160053.jpg
20160123_160040.jpg
20160123_1421121.jpg

This one plant is drooping more than the others? What does this look like to you? Just watered. Everyone else looks happy.

We did cut a few fan leaves last night and i took the top layer of rockwool off by ripping and covered in hydroton. No roots were harmed in the ripping. But it is possible that this plant had a strong reaction to some of that?

Hard to say without being there. Temps were too high, rock wool needs to be a little damp but not wet. Check water temps in your master tank arent too warm.

No should not harm the pump, you want a non return valve so water cant flow back to the air pump though.

Your next grow will be much easier once you get rid of that dam rock wool.

I can not wait.. LOL. Probably a good time to focus on our little guys. all 12 have popped out of their shell but we only see 3 out of the ground. I believe this is relatively normal. The plants have had nothing but RO water thus far and today is day 3. I would like to mist them with this hygrozyme water but of course Soul wants me to put some grow in as well. Thoughts? This is the scariest part for me. Delicate, like cloning.

Just top watered about 2 cups into that one plant. She looks sad. Im not sure what to do.

Im at work so cant write much in detail.

Water not mist with the benes i.e you dont want them on the leaves. and yep can add light nutrients make it low strength suitable for seedlings as per directions.

I Personally dont use beneficials and have never had a problem.

I Would just follow souls instructions exactly. They have done the testing and research.

I use nutrafield but you probably cant buy it, its made in Australia.

Back
Top Bottom