2 Liter Hempy SOG

There's not that much difference. I only defoliated this group one time on day 21. I skipped the 2nd defoliation because I wanted more leaves on for pictures.

I can't wait to hear the results! If you could, you should keep your POTM plant separate and see if defoliation affects the taste. I've heard that the leaves make the buds sweeter but it's not clear whether that's fact of fiction.

I'll be testing the difference with my plants but they wont be done for another month.

everyone has put up such an amazing selection. its going to be tough to choose one.
I am very pleased with how my moby dick has grown, but im not sure what exactly you prefer in your garden. Here's a pic
P101001719.jpg
of one of the girls in my garden. i am very pleased with how it came out but i made alot of mistakes along the way. just goes to show how vigorous a plant it is i believe

:rofl::rofl::rofl:... :thanks: for that!

I don't know. I think about it all the time but never seem to switch things up. If you were in my shoes growing Hempy SOG style like I do and you were going to switch strains..... give me 5 that you'd consider.

I have two Nirvana strains that I'm planning on trying a hempy SOG with. White Widow (you've seen my bonsai mom) and Ice (which I just germinated). Here's their description of Ice:

Through an intensive process of selection among thousands of marijuana plants, Nirvana seeds managed to create Ice, a perfect union of quantity and quality. With its ancestry of Afghan, Shiva, Northern Light and a very special Skunk, Ice is a truly spectacular cannabis hybrid. Its dense marijuana flowers are richly covered in trichomes and the buds that form along the main branches have a high marijuana flower-to-leaf ratio. Ice seeds will flourish in both hydro and soil environments. With its heavy stone effect and almost fuel-like aroma, it's no wonder Nirvana Ice won the 1998 Cannabis Cup hands down.

Sound's good, right? :thumb: I'll guess we'll see!

I've got three more strains I just germinated also: Super Lemon Haze, Blueberry (Dutch Passion), and some Doggies Nuts Big Bud #1 (Big Bud was a freebie), but I'm not sure if they would work well in a SOG... I'm still researching.

Obviously you're going to want to grow what you like to smoke... But there are several other Nirvana strains that I think would be cool in your setup: AK48, Master Kush and NYPD maybe?

Hey, 'fied. Sorry to bust into ur space, but I got this far by studying ur journals (this is the only one I haven't read yet) and I have 100 questions. I can't post them all in here and jack ur thread, but I'm not ready to start my own journal. I still have like 43 posts until I can pm, but I don't wanna spam threads just to get my count up. I've spent about $600 in supplies already, just waiting on my seeds. I really want your input(though you've never responded to my questions, even though you answer those jerks that ask questions already answered if they just read from the beginning :hmmmm:), because you were my inspiration to start this, so I'll throw a few Q's out there, and if i get deleted, oh well:
1) I'm starting with 6 plants from seed, then I'll start a mother about halfway through my grow, so I can go straight from harvest into cloning in hempy's. The local store told me not to use your p/v mix because they have no trace minerals, and I'd need lots of expensive nutes, so I settled on roots organic by aurora(50%coco, 25%perl, 25%veg )and a technaflora starter kit. with some piranha and tarantula thrown in. Do you have any advice for this setup (I went with WW, since you swear by it, in an agromax 39sq" tent with a 400w hps and ro water)? I'm just trying to grow a few healthy plants to learn the basics. I have 3 gal bags to grow in, with saucers to put under.
any advice from you or your legion would be most appreciated, once again sorry to bust in here, but I want to get some pre-grow advice to minimize the noob mistakes I make. I will start my grow in 1-2 weeks when my seeds arrive. MAD respect for your journals! The proof is in the pictures, you know what you're doing and that's why I really hope to hear from you! You're like the Gordon Ramsay of bud!
THANKS ALL!!!

Hey, 'fied. Sorry to bust into ur space, but I got this far by studying ur journals (this is the only one I haven't read yet) and I have 100 questions. I can't post them all in here and jack ur thread, but I'm not ready to start my own journal. I've spent about $600 in supplies already, just waiting on my seeds. I really want your input(though you've never responded to my questions, even though you answer those jerks that ask questions already answered if they just read from the beginning :(), because you were my inspiration to start this, so I'll throw a few Q's out there, and if i get deleted, oh well:
1) I'm starting with 6 plants from seed, then I'll start a mother about halfway through my grow, so I can go straight from harvest into cloning in hempy's. The local store told me not to use your p/v mix because they have no trace minerals, and I'd need lots of expensive nutes, so I settled on roots organic by aurora(50%coco, 25%perl, 25%veg )and a technaflora starter kit. with some piranha and tarantula thrown in. Do you have any advice for this setup (I went with WW, since you swear by it, in an agromax 39sq" tent with a 400w hps and ro water)
any advice from you or your legion would be most appreciated, once again sorry to bust in here, but I want to get some pre-grow advice to minimize the noob mistakes I make. I will start my grow in 1-2 weeks when my seeds arrive
THANKS ALL!!!

Not sure if I count as one of the legion or not... :) but hempy is basically a passive hydroponic method of growing. There's never any nutrients, trace or otherwise in a hydroponic grow medium, it's basically inert and sterile. As far as expensive nutes... BPN is very reasonable. I've also seen very successful hempy runs with Osmocote Plus which is very inexpensive.

Just a head's up on the Roots Organic... Everyone I know that's been using it recently has been overrun with gnats! Hopefully they have found a way to rectify that issue by now.

:popcorn:

Don't know how I missed this grow so far?! Sheesh. Now to get caught up! :)

Oh, I've grown several Snow White's and I'm a big fan of both the strain and Nirvana's genetics. My only complaint, is that I ordered a few Pure Power Plant from them once that were supposed to be fem seeds, and every one ended up a male (not hermie, male!) :smokin:

Not sure how PPP would do in a hempy SOG, but I'm still bummed that I never got to grow out PPP, and I've never heard a bad word about it. Supposedly another great Nirvana strain.

Edit - Beautiful pics and plants, btw! Nice donkey dong cola - haha. :thumb:

everyone has put up such an amazing selection. its going to be tough to choose one.
I am very pleased with how my moby dick has grown, but im not sure what exactly you prefer in your garden. Here's a pic
P101001719.jpg
of one of the girls in my garden. i am very pleased with how it came out but i made alot of mistakes along the way. just goes to show how vigorous a plant it is i believe

I just finished a Moby that looked like a sister of you plant and it turned out good...The buds were fat, crystals everywhere, but had no smell really...And I would say the smoke is a mid grade at most....Was sorta upset with the end result but happy that I got something from it!! I hope yours turns out to be a better high than mine....Good luck and keep it green...:thumb:

The local store told me not to use your p/v mix because they have no trace minerals, and I'd need lots of expensive nutes
Use the perlite/vermiculite mix. It is proven to work and is very simple for a beginner. You don't need expensive nutes. A bag of maxibloom is less than $20 and will last your entire grow.

I have 3 gal bags to grow in, with saucers to put under.
Most people use a bucket (or bottle) for the hempy method.. with a hole poked in the side not the bottom.

Good luck growing!

420 Magazine's Plant of the Month: October 2011

Hey, 'fied. Sorry to bust into ur space, but I got this far by studying ur journals (this is the only one I haven't read yet) and I have 100 questions. I can't post them all in here and jack ur thread, but I'm not ready to start my own journal. I still have like 43 posts until I can pm, but I don't wanna spam threads just to get my count up. I've spent about $600 in supplies already, just waiting on my seeds. I really want your input(though you've never responded to my questions, even though you answer those jerks that ask questions already answered if they just read from the beginning :hmmmm:), because you were my inspiration to start this, so I'll throw a few Q's out there, and if i get deleted, oh well:
1) I'm starting with 6 plants from seed, then I'll start a mother about halfway through my grow, so I can go straight from harvest into cloning in hempy's. The local store told me not to use your p/v mix because they have no trace minerals, and I'd need lots of expensive nutes, so I settled on roots organic by aurora(50%coco, 25%perl, 25%veg )and a technaflora starter kit. with some piranha and tarantula thrown in. Do you have any advice for this setup (I went with WW, since you swear by it, in an agromax 39sq" tent with a 400w hps and ro water)? I'm just trying to grow a few healthy plants to learn the basics. I have 3 gal bags to grow in, with saucers to put under.
any advice from you or your legion would be most appreciated, once again sorry to bust in here, but I want to get some pre-grow advice to minimize the noob mistakes I make. I will start my grow in 1-2 weeks when my seeds arrive. MAD respect for your journals! The proof is in the pictures, you know what you're doing and that's why I really hope to hear from you! You're like the Gordon Ramsay of bud!
THANKS ALL!!!

Sorry I missed your questions. I prefer to keep the grow help in Private Messages because I want to keep my journal on point and about my Hempy grow. Make sure to PM me when you're able and we'll talk more there. I'm sorry if I missed some questions but I get a lot of inquiries so sometimes I miss some questions and for that I apologize. It certainly wasn't intentional. The guy at the Hydro store is an imbecile. P&V is the one of the best Hempy mediums available. I can't give you any advice on what you're using because I've never used it.

My advice: Don't try Hempy in bags. Get pots. Don't worry about using RO water. Tap water will work just fine(my last several Hempy runs are with Tap Water). If you do use RO with your Hempy setup you'll need to add some CalMag to your nutrient mix. I appreciate the kind words and we will talk more as you move along. Start a journal so I can look in and help you there. Best of luck!

Hello Fied,
I had a quick question about your diy cloner. If you were building one again, would you change anything in your original design ? Thanks- FS

I'd build it exactly the same.

Just caught up to your grow. I am loving 2L sog and I might be joining. Its awesome. Subbed from here :thumb:

Glad you decided to join in! Harvest coming up very soon!

:popcorn:

Don't know how I missed this grow so far?! Sheesh. Now to get caught up! :)

Oh, I've grown several Snow White's and I'm a big fan of both the strain and Nirvana's genetics. My only complaint, is that I ordered a few Pure Power Plant from them once that were supposed to be fem seeds, and every one ended up a male (not hermie, male!) :smokin:

Not sure how PPP would do in a hempy SOG, but I'm still bummed that I never got to grow out PPP, and I've never heard a bad word about it. Supposedly another great Nirvana strain.

Edit - Beautiful pics and plants, btw! Nice donkey dong cola - haha. :thumb:

Thank you! I've grown PPP several times and it's a nice strain.

Sup 420fied, good luck on the ptom.
I am about to start my DarkStar Project and the first part is growing out two potential darkstar mums and finding which one will be best kept for mothering the satelite vert and the loser will be grown out in the dwc mother grower outer. The test will be filling my aeroflo 36 with 36 clones and growing them the same way you grow your hempies. This lil experiment might peak your interest and I will value your input when its time for plant trimming. I never cut off all the laterals before so this will be new and different for me.
Good luck on your next grow batch, I'll take alot of pics during the cloning stage so you can compare root growth and it should be interesting to compare each others plants during certain grow times. If I can get 15 grams per plant growing in this style I'll owe you a dept of gratitude. Thanks again for being a good member and a friend and sharing your beautiful grows.

Sup 420fied, good luck on the ptom.
I am about to start my DarkStar Project and the first part is growing out two potential darkstar mums and finding which one will be best kept for mothering the satelite vert and the loser will be grown out in the dwc mother grower outer. The test will be filling my aeroflo 36 with 36 clones and growing them the same way you grow your hempies. This lil experiment might peak your interest and I will value your input when its time for plant trimming. I never cut off all the laterals before so this will be new and different for me.
Good luck on your next grow batch, I'll take alot of pics during the cloning stage so you can compare root growth and it should be interesting to compare each others plants during certain grow times. If I can get 15 grams per plant growing in this style I'll owe you a dept of gratitude. Thanks again for being a good member and a friend and sharing your beautiful grows.

Thanks bro. Good luck to you in the POTM as well. I will definitely be checking in on your new project. I bet you get 15 grams per. Your buds are always beautiful and fat. Your input is always appreciated and respected in my journals.

BPN grown sample day 60. Stiiiccckkkkkkyyyyyyyy

bpnsample.JPG

Thank you. I will be posting plenty of pictures of the harvest. I will be including the total, dried weight for the entire 30 plant run.

If you're looking for a GPW # from my setup it's approximately 1.1 .

I average a little over 15 grams(dried) per SOG plant and I can run 88 at a time with no problem under the dual 600's.

88x15 = 1320grams/1200watts = 1.1 GPW.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll come back for the harvest.

I'm calling bullshit! I've read every one of your journals, and you average more than 1.1 GPW, but I guess 1 GPW is still an awesome goal to reach for the rest of us! You're humble, which is coll, but don't sell yourself short either. You are really awesome at what you do, bro. I'm glad to see you getting sponsored for all your efforts. The BP looks to be doing well, but you are the artist, BP is the paint. Albeit ugly, crappy paint will not the Mona Lisa make, but I digress. I saw you use Advanced and General, and you have done as well with this as you did with 3 part+ regimens of the other guys. I'm still new here, but I think that means the under-dogs just shook things up, no? Given the evidence, I think I'll try the brand that leaves me with the most $$ left over, since they are all comparable in efficacy. A quick search tells me the other guys have much more difficult to understand regimens, and cost 3x as much or more. And it's cool that the brains of the company is on here sharing invaluable knowledge of plant science like with the molasses tip. Go BP!
:thumb::thanks::bravo:
I started my own thread in the introduce yourself section(so I can stop bugging u here with questions), and I'd love it if you or your peeps would stop by and give me some advice on my upcoming grow.

Hello everyone,

I quick dried my sample I am enjoying it as I type this.

I took some pics about 10 minutes ago and I must say..... I am really happy with the way they've fattened up. Today is day 60 and I've decided to chop them on day 63 instead of day 70 because if I wait until day 70, the harvest won't be dry in time to enter this month's NOTM contest.

Anyway, that would mean that the chop is likely 3 days away. A quick check of the trichs shows me about 20% Amber with the majority being cloudy. This is fine by me. Day 70 gets me closer to 40-60 / 50-50 but this will certainly do.

This run is sticky, stinky, hard, and nasty. The pictures do not lie. Take note of the thickness of some of these tops.

Corey, my hat is off my friend.

d60_1.JPG

d60_2.JPG

d60_3.JPG

d60ripe2.JPG

d60ripe.JPG

The plants are now on auto-pilot. I've given them plain water for the last 2 days and I'll flush them good with plain water tonight and then I will let them dry out for the last 2 days so that the pots are good and dry for the chop. That'll give me a good 3 day flush with 2 days of letting them dry up before the chop.

Weigh in coming soon!

:thumb:

Fantastic grow, 420fied! :bravo:

Those buds really do look fantastic. I'd be interested to see if you break your 15g/plant average with the way that BPN is working for you! :welldone:

I'm calling bullshit! I've read every one of your journals, and you average more than 1.1 GPW, but I guess 1 GPW is still an awesome goal to reach for the rest of us! You're humble, which is coll, but don't sell yourself short either. You are really awesome at what you do, bro. I'm glad to see you getting sponsored for all your efforts. The BP looks to be doing well, but you are the artist, BP is the paint. Albeit ugly, crappy paint will not the Mona Lisa make, but I digress. I saw you use Advanced and General, and you have done as well with this as you did with 3 part+ regimens of the other guys. I'm still new here, but I think that means the under-dogs just shook things up, no? Given the evidence, I think I'll try the brand that leaves me with the most $$ left over, since they are all comparable in efficacy. A quick search tells me the other guys have much more difficult to understand regimens, and cost 3x as much or more. And it's cool that the brains of the company is on here sharing invaluable knowledge of plant science like with the molasses tip. Go BP!
:thumb::thanks::bravo:
I started my own thread in the introduce yourself section(so I can stop bugging u here with questions), and I'd love it if you or your peeps would stop by and give me some advice on my upcoming grow.

You're no bother. I always welcome the feedback. I'll check out your introduction thread. I won't say anything until the numbers are in but I think it's obvious from the pictures that after the plants are weighed, that Blue Planet will more than have held it's own against the "big boys" of the industry. And they will have done it at a much more comfortable pricetag to the grower.

Fantastic grow, 420fied! :bravo:

Those buds really do look fantastic. I'd be interested to see if you break your 15g/plant average with the way that BPN is working for you! :welldone:

Thanks Mr Krip. I always appreciate your input here.

To this point(through about 250 plants) I average roughly 15.2 grams per SOG plant so that is the benchmark set by GH 3 part.

I won't make any claims yet but I will say that my garden looks as good right now as it ever has. The numbers will be in soon and I hope you'll stick around for the harvest. ;)

:thanks:

looks amazing! :peace:

Back
Top Bottom