2 - Unknown - Gifted

re: 2 - Unknown - Gifted

Nothing new, except for growth. I shall have to mark these, soon to be able to tell them apart from my GDP (leaves in the left of this pic)
101311175738.jpg

Welcome to this installment of the "Wonder Twins"! Why the call them the "Wonder Twins" you ask? There's a simple explanation to that. I wonder what these 2 plants are! I have the family, already, but still I don't KNOW what they will produce as they flower. They're getting close to the time of the first topping. They both are showing 6 primary pairs now. I usually top at 9, so we're almost there. The tiniest little sprouts have emerged at the junction of the first, and second pairs to the main stalk so the outlook for their future is looking good.

So far they've shown amazing resilience, and have needed zero support, unlike one of their tub-mates. No need for support, or training to stand straight. They have almost perfect posture. heheh, standing up straight and tall just like little ones should. There is now a very apparent difference between the two and I have "High" hopes for their gender. The indica (11cm) is growing twice as fast as the sativa (6cm) and is now 45% taller. Or is that 90% taller? Whatever it is it's almost twice as tall.
101411172835.jpg

I had a new development. If you look at the pics above in the last post, you will see green algae on my rockwool. So, some extra heavy black plastic, some holes for plant and for feed stakes, and VOILA! Algae should die out soon, now.

As posted by Medical Marijuana in What is this Green Slime on my Rockwool? I had to get creative.

The green slime you have on your rockwool is called Algae.
...To prevent this from happening, use light-proof and water-proof material to cover your rockwool, for example black/white panda film or thick black bin liners...
So we have the pics below:

These were taken at the time of the final feeding for the night.
101711220856.jpg

The wonder twins suffered the most in this ordeal, it looked as though they had started to wilt because I changed to 2 feedings today, just as an experiment to see if the algae might die off due to 1/3 less water. The problem was that I ALMOST DAMAGED MY PLANTS. Needless to say I reprogrammed back to 3x/day 5min Ea.
101711220908.jpg

Greetings, and welcome to this installment of -

Grow. . . Your. . . Medicine! <Upbeat theme music>

I officially have moved into full Vegetation nutrients for the posted schedule above and as usual, here is the math:

as these rates are for a 100L Schedule, I will break it down per Liter for each additive, since all three are different, then convert it to Gallons and teaspoons for those that are too bad at math to easily figure it out......... or too baked.

GROW
396 / 100 = 3.96/L
so:
3.96ml/1L
1Gal=3.78L
3.96 x 3.78 =
14.9688/Gal
15mL per Gal
- OR -
1.0mL = 0.20288tsp
15(mL) x 0.20288(tsp) = 3.0432
3tsp per Gal

MICRO
264(mL)/100(L) = 2.64/L
so:
2.64ml/1L
1Gal=3.78L
2.64/L x 3.78 = 9.9792mL/Gal
10mL per Gal
- OR -
1.0mL = 0.20288tsp
10(mL) x 0.20288(tsp) = 2.0288(tsp)
2tsp per Gallon

BLOOM
132(mL)/100(L) = 1.32(mL)
so:
1.32mL/1L
1Gal=3.78L
1.32 x 3.78 = 4.9896
5mL per Gallon
- OR -
1.0mL = 0.20288tsp
5(mL) x 0.20288(tsp) = 1.0144(tsp)
1tsp per Gallon

All three of these are added to 1 Gal of water for each gallon needed, as these are all part of a 3-part system. I also add 1mL of SUPERThrive at this point and lower to 5.2 pH and add to empty, clean, and sanitized 5 Liter res... with air-stone to dissolve O2 into the nutes to keep roots healthy.

Right, so, yeah, the indica is growing as fast as a sativa, and the sativa is just lazy, I think. As I compare the two, it looks as though the "Sativa" has the same characteristics and habits of the GDP it stands next to. Maybe it's just me. I dunno. Anyway, I took a new pic tonight, and it seems like they were dressed for the occasion. All pert and perfect, I just had to.

I supercropped (pinched) the stalk of the indie in a few places to slow it down a bit as if it continues at this rate it will soon outgrow the other and we don't want that, now do we? I know, I know... it only slows for a while, but if I continue I will get a MUCH stronger plant, and of course that means strong clones taken! If I decide to clone, of course.... and if it's female... GAH! I had forgotten about that! The wait for preflowers is getting unbearable!!!

7 Pairs now, almost time to TOP! gonna double top these to make a FOUR-HEADed, plant! lol! I know. four head - forehead - I get migrains... had to sorry.
101911201504.jpg

@Twelve12, Which is the Sativa? I think the right one, right? (hey, it's been a while, I'm rusty still)

Sorry it's so wide, I uploaded it directly from the phone, and now I can't turn it.
101211180149.jpg

Indica on left
Sativa on right
You got it!
Well know the family of strain once they start to bud. These are mostly hybrids even though they show sign of more indica/sativa. There are only about 1-2% of pure the rest are hybrids. (I made up the statistic but you get the idea).

Good call on the black coverage for the rockwool. That should help preventing any more algae growth. Plants looks very healthy. Have the roots starting to come out the rockwool and onto the tray?

HEY Twelve12! Thanks for stopping back by! Thanks for the confirmation of the indi/sati and for the call on the light-blocker. Yeah, I had to block the light so the structure of the rockwool didn't get fookt from the algae.

About the roots. I had been wondering about that for about a week now. a turn-up reveals that answer. "Not yet", and I just checked right before replying- weird, huh? "The Purple" is only showing about 2" of tap, and she's been home about a month so I put her at about 6-7 weeks old. I did a 2/3 root trim when I switched her from soil to rockwool though (SUPERThrive soil-to-hydro method).

Bee Tee Dubya. . . . could you check "The Experimental" and tell me what you think of my wanting to SLT that one? Thanks-a-bunch!

MILESTONE DAY! The indi has gotten too big for her (I hope her) breetches. Seen here TOPPED early.

102011165753.jpg

I had to get this. I blurred most of the text except the headings... The book was opened randomly to this page to press and preserve the removed top. sentimental value
102011165652.jpg

If someone makes this into a t-shirt, I get a free one for the idea!

The sati should catch up now!!
102011165831.jpg

Not a problem. I got this journal subbed so will be stopping by many times a week. Even if I don't write I still take a look.

The purple stem is usually potassium deficiency on plants, it's an early indicator, when it's too late the leaves will show it too (coloration). Most common grow medium use along with rockwool is hydrotons.

1663480819570.png

Have you thought about getting a bag and rinse them out and place on the flood tray for roots to grow under? The plants will grow like crazy with more roots. Hydroponic system has the power to accelerate plants growth. With the hydroton filled up the tray roots are not disturbed by lights and it keeps them hydrated as well. The beauty of hydroton is you can reuse them grow after grow.

....Have you thought about getting a bag and rinse them out and place on the flood tray for roots to grow under? The plants will grow like crazy with more roots....

hehe, it's kinda funny. I actually stated that yesterday as a maybe in an earlier post over at "The Purple" as an idea instead of the constant danger of this light blocker cutting into the stalks and getting them up off the bottom. Great minds? heheh

So The Wonder Twins are again happy, covered with Hydroton. The Indica started to show shriveled, yellow growth last Saturday, and I realized that I hadn't flushed them in over 3 weeks! So I, in a rush, flushed them under the faucet. All sorts of brown accumulated nutrient solids ran out of the rockwook for about a minute. I continued to flush them for a full 5 minutes to be sure all the salts were gone. Replaced them into the the bin, and carefully covered with hydroton. Today the shriveling stopped as new growth stretched the shrivels back out, and a true green returned to the leaves. The second pic shows the damage. Gawd, I'm glad I realized it before another day our two.
102411142714.jpg
102411142821.jpg
102411142831.jpg

Sorry guys, I just had to post this. I was doing some trimming central stalk fans that were reaching up and shading the rest, and this just struck me.

This larger fan is from the sativa. . . . Tired of being the runt I guess.
102511185907.jpg

This is a "Lost Trident" from the Indica. Note the smaller reach but much broader leaves. Also, all of the fans on this plant only show 3 leaflets.
102511190002.jpg

Also, these 2 are officially 1 month old. They both emerged in the last week of September, and here we are in the last week of October.

:high-five:Hi jandre2k3 Honey!:high-five:

I found you via your link in my colloidal silver info page (I've now started a journal to document this subject). You added a link for an example of a macro pic, so I am here!! I read that you feel it will be around 2 weeks to be able to sex those in the pictures. I thought I saw pre-sex growth, which I highlighted in this pic of yours...
jandre2k3Pic.jpg

I circled what... I'm so very very sorry to say... I thought looked like an early show of a male... but maybe I am just seeing things in the pic - I hope it's my eyesight!!! To me, this looks like a small leaf cluster (male) rather than the pointy pre-flower (looks like a pod and has 2 hairs grow out). Regardless, I thought this was an excellent picture to demonstrate where to look for those early sex signs.

Hydro - you are way above me!!! I have to stick to soil just cuz it works for me... but I sure have thought about hydro A LOT!!!

:thumb:Your plants all look GLORIOUSLY HEALTHY!!!
:thumb:

:thanks: for the note about macro shots - I added a reply and totally agree with you about macros!! :high-five: You were tryin' to teach me, so I'm hopefully returning the favor! My old camera doesn't just have a regular macro, but I can also zoom in to small millimeter (mm) shots (why my old camera still has resin on it!). It makes pics even clearer, closer, and more interesting. Here's the two pics I added in my reply to your message... I thought you might be able to get even closer shots if you check further into your own camera settings (I had to read how to do with mine)...
These pics are from my grow in 2009 and clearly shows what macro shots can do...
Nov28-WW4_TrichCloseup.jpg

Nov28-WW3_TrichCloseup2.jpg

Them's some cool macro pics, eh???

I'll make sure I check back to see how yer grow progresses, honey! :goodjob:
:circle-of-love:LOVIES!!!:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom