2 week olds - Need help

therealxandy

420 Member
Just trying to get a good pic here of my 2 week old seedlings I need help so please comment-looking for genders, possibly the stran I have here because I don't really know what I have I just got a Ziploc bag from a old bud, and what they should look like or what I can do to better them .
20220215_113803_HDR.jpg
20220215_114039.jpg
20220215_114114.jpg

They look really healthy.

No way to tell gender until 4-6 weeks in and no way to strain. Thinner leaves usually indicate a sativa strain, wider shorter leads indicate Indica.

I recommend splitting them up and putting them in individual solo cups. Bury them down to an inch or so from the first set of seedling leafs.

They are really tall which indicates they most likely want more light. What are you using for lights, and how far away it is?

Don’t spray water on them while under the lights. The drops act like magnifying glasses and can burn your leafs.

They look really healthy.

No way to tell gender until 4-6 weeks in and no way to strain. Thinner leaves usually indicate a sativa strain, wider shorter leads indicate Indica.

I recommend splitting them up and putting them in individual solo cups. Bury them down to an inch or so from the first set of seedling leafs.

They are really tall which indicates they most likely want more light. What are you using for lights, and how far away it is?

Don’t spray water on them while under the lights. The drops act like magnifying glasses and can burn your leafs.
Thank you that helps so I probably have a sativa of some kind and when I water them I should pull them into the shade and then out them back in sunlight cause I keep them in a window sill 24/7 to grow with light plus the daily water or two and can I use plastic cups cause that's my only large tin and what if they break when I move them , or when they get to big for the cup I only have sunlight so the window is my only option it's winter still

They look very nice, doing well, but as said above, no way to tell sex for a few weeks. You can generalize about whether it's sativa or indica dominant by the leaves, but exact strain, no.
Okay so maybe they won't get to big and I can keep them in the window til I know the gender but when I do won't it be to late to seperate them if they male and female won't I already have messed up by keeping them close but not knowing the gender this shi is hard

Months omg will they be big cause how will I fit them in the window still if it's cold out
Yep. Most time month to two months old before flowering even thought about in a grow. Then another 60-79 days of it . Most time it's a 4-5 month process. To have a harvest grow.. about week to two weeks into flowering is only way to tell if male or female . Or just buy femalized seeds

Okay so maybe they won't get to big and I can keep them in the window til I know the gender but when I do won't it be to late to seperate them if they male and female won't I already have messed up by keeping them close but not knowing the gender this shi is hard
No, you'll be able to identify the males well before the "balls" open up and spread pollen. At this time of year (assuming you're in the Northern hemisphere) if you put them in the window, without good additonal light they will go into flower, not a long enough light period right now. Then you'll have to put them back into 16-24 hrs. of light to get them to re-veg, otherwise you're going to get 8 inch plants and about 2 joints worth of weed.

No, you'll be able to identify the males well before the "balls" open up and spread pollen. At this time of year (assuming you're in the Northern hemisphere) if you put them in the window, without good additonal light they will go into flower, not a long enough light period right now. Then you'll have to put them back into 16-24 hrs. of light to get them to re-veg, otherwise you're going to get 8 inch plants and about 2 joints worth of weed.
I live in colorado but can I keep them in the window or will I have move them

:Okay so since I don't have none of those fancy grow lights if I think there getting to big for the window what light supplements can I use ? Or what kind of lights work btw I'm using soil but it's just a miracle grow /orchid soil blend for flowers and herbs."

Unless Colorado gets more sun than the rest of us, you really can't grow marijuana in the windowsill during winter and get reasonable results. As soon as they get a few inches tall they will go into flower, so you won't have to worry about them getting too big, because they won't, plus they'll be leggy. You'll need to put them under artifical light (grow lights!) so they get at least 16/hrs. of light a day. There are plenty of good inexpensive LED, COB, lights on the market, I'll let someone else chime in on that. I grow in a tent and outdoors, but right now there's not enough light period for outdoors. Sorry, that's just the reality of the situation. In late/May or June, when the photoperiod is longer, then yes a windowsill will work (not optimum) but it'll work.

Lord bro. You asking everything to grow these plants. They are picky to grow. Oh levels have to be right. Humidity water pH everything needs to be prefect. I suggest and this is me talking. Get on few journals and watch for a good long time read and read and then read again cause first few times they going have issues it take years and months to have a successful grow with no major major issues. Even now. Guys and ladies has issues ever now and then and it's something catastrophic to these plants . Just me this dude. It's cost alot to grow them. And equipment .don't even go there. Sht. Some of the lights cost 1000s

Thank you that helps so I probably have a sativa of some kind and when I water them I should pull them into the shade and then out them back in sunlight cause I keep them in a window sill 24/7 to grow with light plus the daily water or two and can I use plastic cups cause that's my only large tin and what if they break when I move them , or when they get to big for the cup I only have sunlight so the window is my only option it's winter still
As long as you don't get the leaves wet and put them in strong sunlight you'll be fine. You will need to transplant them into seperate containers SOON, so you don't get the roots too inter-twined. Plastic cups will work fine for a couple weeks (don't use clear cups, roots hate sunlight). Once they get just a little bigger, cut back on the water a little, wait until the top of the soil is dry. You will need to be careful transplanting them, if they break, most times they won't make it. Again, unless you get some supplemental light you're kinda whistling in the wind. If you don't want to get some grow lights, consider waiting until May to drop new seeds.

Addendum: you could grow autoflowers, they wouldn’t get real big, but they probably will do better than photos this time of year. I know this is a lot to take in at once, but we want you to be successful.

What everyone is saying up to now.

The seedlings are super stretched because there was not enough soil and the sides of the tin can blocked most of the direct sunlight from hitting the leaves until they grew to the edge of the can.

Go to the store and buy 3 pots intended for gardening. Putting the plants into tin cans might seem economical but if it cuts into the quality and quantity of the harvest then there is no savings.

Fill the pots up to about 1/2 inch of the top rim with soil. Savings pennies on soil now will cost dollars in lower harvests later, so again, no savings.

:Okay so since I don't have none of those fancy grow lights if I think there getting to big for the window what light supplements can I use ? Or what kind of lights work btw I'm using soil but it's just a miracle grow /orchid soil blend for flowers and herbs."

Unless Colorado gets more sun than the rest of us, you really can't grow marijuana in the windowsill during winter and get reasonable results. As soon as they get a few inches tall they will go into flower, so you won't have to worry about them getting too big, because they won't, plus they'll be leggy. You'll need to put them under artifical light (grow lights!) so they get at least 16/hrs. of light a day. There are plenty of good inexpensive LED, COB, lights on the market, I'll let someone else chime in on that. I grow in a tent and outdoors, but right now there's not enough light period for outdoors. Sorry, that's just the reality of the situation. In late/May or June, when the photoperiod is longer, then yes a windowsill will work (not optimum) but it'll work.
Awesome thank you all so much for the help I plan on moving my three largest plants into separate cups all filled with soil today, hopefully they transfer well and will start to grow better seperated in taller soil grounds. That's what I plan on doing until I get some lights possibly does anyone know what lights may work that wont cost me a bunch or where to get some maybe online or ?

As long as you don't get the leaves wet and put them in strong sunlight you'll be fine. You will need to transplant them into seperate containers SOON, so you don't get the roots too inter-twined. Plastic cups will work fine for a couple weeks (don't use clear cups, roots hate sunlight). Once they get just a little bigger, cut back on the water a little, wait until the top of the soil is dry. You will need to be careful transplanting them, if they break, most times they won't make it. Again, unless you get some supplemental light you're kinda whistling in the wind. If you don't want to get some grow lights, consider waiting until May to drop new seeds.

Addendum: you could grow autoflowers, they wouldn’t get real big, but they probably will do better than photos this time of year. I know this is a lot to take in at once, but we want you to be successful.
Im planning on moving them to separate containers but if I don't get lights

Im planning on moving them to Fuller separate containers to grow in the window sill if I don't get grow lights if I do so will I still make it to flowering stage even if my buds won't be "big" will I grow?

Back
Top Bottom