24 hr light cycle?

4DROOPY20

I been hearing a lot buzz about leaving the lights on 24 hrs a day.........whats the pros and cons is it even worth doing??? and would it be bad to switch the plant to that cycle????

Re: 24 hr light cycle???

For veg, I've done 24/0 before without issue but switched to 18/6 or 20/4 because I think plants benefit from a little rest period.

If you want to increase growth rate, I read that 6/6 is the way to go, havent tried yet but plan on it next cycle.

Now I am assuming you are referring to 24/0 veg timing and not martian method flowering when you say leaving lights on 24... ?

yeah....its on 18/6 so would switching the plant to 24/0 now would that hurt it or what will happen?????

yeah....its on 18/6 so would switching the plant to 24/0 now would that hurt it or what will happen?????

nothing will happen. it will be fine

I used to think 24/0 was the way to go for veg but have since changed my thinking.

I dont think the plants benefit that much from the extra light compared to say 20/4 or even 18/6 and I think I read that the roots grow more in the dark. I think we all know more root growth equals more top growth.

As I mentioned above, I've read that running lights at 6on/6off/6on/6off for 24 will speed up growth cycle and apparently produce tight internodes. I'm curious to try that and will probably due so next veg run.

Switching your current lighting schedule to 24/0 will be fine but I'm not so sure you will be doing the right thing for the plants. Another consideration is that if you are using a lot of wattage to veg, then an extra 6 hours a day will bump up your power usage 25%...

I used to think 24/0 was the way to go for veg but have since changed my thinking.

I dont think the plants benefit that much from the extra light compared to say 20/4 or even 18/6 and I think I read that the roots grow more in the dark. I think we all know more root growth equals more top growth.

As I mentioned above, I've read that running lights at 6on/6off/6on/6off for 24 will speed up growth cycle and apparently produce tight internodes. I'm curious to try that and will probably due so next veg run.

Switching your current lighting schedule to 24/0 will be fine but I'm not so sure you will be doing the right thing for the plants. Another consideration is that if you are using a lot of wattage to veg, then an extra 6 hours a day will bump up your power usage 25%...

A light cycle of 6/6/6/6 would do NO benefit to your plants. It might make sense in theory but in reality the short periods of both light and dark would stress the plant enough to hermie.

they say you get 30% more faster growth 24/0. the plant dosent need a rest period in veg it still can do everything it needs to do with the lights on.

Im running mine 24/0 now...:bong:

Im running mine 24/0 now...:bong:

i did a test a while ago. with 18/6 and 24/0. the 24/0 was allot faster growth.
plants that grow under 24/0 flourish and do not need a quantity of darkness in order to rest and perform Photosynthesis properly. more nodes are formed, more branches are created, leaf numbers increase, and the plant is growing at its finest.
The 18/6 photoperiod expels 3/4 the amount of light that a 24/0 photoperiod dose.
there are no problems associated with 24/0 and although some have attributed cannabis sexual dysfunction (the hermaphrodite condition) to 18/6 photoperiod, these problems are actually the result of heat stress.
a 24/0 photoperiod requires that your grow room temperature be kept well-monitored.

the 18/6 is cheaper to run and you use a 1/4 less electricity and extends the bulb life also.

i still use 24/0 no matter what because the growth cant be beaten. but theres facts about both ways for you.

Wouldn't that be the equivalent to a flower cycle? The plants would be recieving 12 hours of light and twelve hours of dark.

Sounds pretty sketchy to me.

i did a test a while ago. with 18/6 and 24/0. the 24/0 was allot faster growth.
plants that grow under 24/0 flourish and do not need a quantity of darkness in order to rest and perform Photosynthesis properly. more nodes are formed, more branches are created, leaf numbers increase, and the plant is growing at its finest.
The 18/6 photoperiod expels 3/4 the amount of light that a 24/0 photoperiod dose.
there are no problems associated with 24/0 and although some have attributed cannabis sexual dysfunction (the hermaphrodite condition) to 18/6 photoperiod, these problems are actually the result of heat stress.
a 24/0 photoperiod requires that your grow room temperature be kept well-monitored.

the 18/6 is cheaper to run and you use a 1/4 less electricity and extends the bulb life also.

i still use 24/0 no matter what because the growth cant be beaten. but theres facts about both ways for you.

what he said

The 6hr on off light cycle would keep the in veg but it would stretch and look pale and spindly it whole life.
I ran tests on photocycles some time back and my conclusions were that the 24hr plants did grow a bit faster and had a hi yield. The 18 on 6 off plants were not as tall but were more lush with a slightly higher yield because of the meatier buds. Rooting clones dont seem to care one way or the other but they have a better/quicker bounce back from the shock with the dark period.
The other reason I stick with the 18 hr period is energy savings and giving everything a rest like ballasts, blowers etc.:Rasta::Rasta::Rasta::Rasta:

I been hearing a lot buzz about leaving the lights on 24 hrs a day.........whats the pros and cons is it even worth doing??? and would it be bad to switch the plant to that cycle????

I'm running 24/0 also I think it works great.
My plants all grew very fast and I am growing 3 different strains...
I believe thats the benefits of growing indoors more lights!
Cannabis doesn't need to rest in the veg stage she will...
GROW BABY GROW
HAHA
good luck BUDdy

Only difference I know of is that on 24/0 the plants tend to be shorter, bushier w/tighter internodes. But otherwise it's pretty much your preference, since you're payin the bill. Either will work. My current ladies were on 20/4 during veg, and the difference was marginal. Blah ;)

I use 24/0 but have used 20/0 18/6 and 16/8.

And the only difference i've noticed is that with the less light you give the plant the loner the internodes will become!

I now grow 24/0

And the whoever started the myth that roots grow in the dark is ridicules, if thats so how come my vegged plants and clones that are kept under 24/0 lighting explode with roots.

Go with what ever you can afford!

Back
Top Bottom