250W HID Soil & Passive Hydro

Kosmi

Hey everyone I'm back!!!

Not starting from the beginning cause I forgot to take pics. Here's the setup:

SunLeaves 250w MH/HPS ballast
Two topped plants in soil amended with Dr. Earth tomato and herb organic fertilizer and worm castings
One cloned plant in high density foam in passive hydro system.

Hydro nutrients: Worm Tea and that's it!

Currently I'd estimate the plants at 8 weeks, the smaller one had one of its seed leaves break when it popped out of the bean, and it got a little stunted but has made a nice comeback!

Inspiration for the passive hydro is that my lettuce and tomato plants did fantastic in a worm tea only "Kratky" hydroponic setup. Kratky method is simply a jug of nutrients which the plant is suspended above, and the roots dangle down. Similar to DWC but no pumps, no aeration, etc...

It's been cold in the garage so they're growing slowly, I'm thinking another week and I'll flip them to flowering.

The clone is a big wildcard, but I'm hoping to get a pretty good harvest off the soil plants, and just see how the hydro does in comparison with soil. If it works well I'll probably do something a little bigger

I now remember how the photo system here was silly. Photos to come!

re: 250W HID Soil & Passive Hydro

IMG_085142.JPG
IMG_085244.JPG
IMG_085444.JPG
IMG_085547.JPG

Hey everyone, quick update. Day 1 of the flowering cycle. Switched to 12/12 and switched to light to 250w HPS. So far the soil plants are doing fine, and the hydro plant is doing quite well. Still growing well and faster than the soil plants. Not sure how it will do as we go into flowering, but I'll keep you all updated!

IMG_177730.JPG

IMG_177830.JPG
IMG_177927.JPG
IMG_178024.JPG

Amazing! I'm designing a full-automated microcultive in a wine cooler based in Kratky/SCROG. As you can imagine, space is a critical point, so my plan is to keep the base of the plant as low as possible.

So, my question here is: How relevant is container height in Kratky? I mean, my goal is to compensate the lack of height with horizontal extension so that the water volume stays the same. Based in your experience with Kratky, Do you thing I'm in the right way? I made some experiments with lettuce too, with great results, but never tried anything with "deep roots".

PS: Have you thought about COB LEDs instead of HID? They are super cheap and very efficent!
PS2: Sorry for my english, I try it hard! :D

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom