2x2x4 150 HPS or LED?

Seraphis

I have a 2x2x4 tent that I will grow a single plant in any one time (maybe two but doubt it).

This is my first grow and my seed is still germinating. I just planted it in the smart pot 24 hours ago.

I'm looking for recommendations on which would provide the best yield in that space.

I have a 150 HPS that I just purchased and will supplement it with some CFLs, but I'm wondering if I should have went with a Mars Hydro Reflector 48 instead. I can return the HPS without any issues if need be.

What are your thoughts?

Hps will produce more heat, led runs alot cooler with a wider spectrum the plant can actually use. The reflector 48 has a flower space of 1.5 x 1.5 so consider this as your space is 2x2. I would go with led as the heat will be more easily controlled. Led unlocks more terpenes more crystals for the space I would go led. But then again who am i?

Also i would suggest you set up a SCROG net in your 2 x 2 to get full potential of your space. Bigger yeild if you can keep an even canopy, or fill the bottom of your tent with 9 1-gallon pots and do SOG. I would do either of the two. Or with the one plant growing, take cuttings from it before u switch and put those in with your big one, get multi harvests or one decent one ;)

Back
Top Bottom