3 Year Old Bud

Brownies

So I was at my caregiver's, and he was about to throw away (!!) some three year old bud he just found.

I told him I'd take it! I'd find some use for it. It was around 13g of dried up brown tinted Blackberry Kush.

I found a few seeds, but I don't know if they'd be good at this age. Also, does bud lose potency after all of that time?

Re: 3 Year Old Bud...

The seeds should be fine even after 3 years. Cannabis, as with anything organic, will degrade in quality over time. It all depends on how it was stored, but three years shouldn't be too bad if was at least kept mostly airtight, mostly at room temperature. FWIW, when I was cleaning my office in preparation of setting up my grow room, I found some very old brown shake in a flattened thin plastic bag under a container. It had to be at the very least 5 years old and could have been up to 12 years old. While the potency was markedly lower, it was still vapable and gave quite a pleasant high.

Re: 3 Year Old Bud...

Noted! For the record I smoked one bong of it and immediately went to sleep forever. (Or some time around that)

The rest of your bud will be three years older by the time you wake up. A vicious circle..
Goodnight...

Sounds to me like you scored big time on some really good sleep aid my friend. If you can, keep it in the fridge to prevent further degradation and enjoy.

:volcano-smiley::thumb:

I have to admit that weed is different than wine. The more wine's age, the greater that wine. Although the same don't go in case of bud but still you are lucky to have a 3 years old bud.

I've had bud last pretty good up to 4 months, after that not so much. A year is the longest imo it will stay good when properly stored

Back
Top Bottom