30 days old first time issue spots

MissGolightly

420 Member
Just potted up month old seedlings from 1gal -2 Gal. And noticed little white spots started on a few of the lower leaves

Please help first time having this issue.

959CBB6F-A2BB-47FB-AA8B-9A5FBD50DB07.jpeg

0C52C200-31F2-41E8-84D0-C372797E384A.jpeg

839B925C-6065-4906-B4D2-C129A07C7247.jpeg

93D19E04-C1FB-4528-BE12-465F53DF6252.jpeg

you can spray the plants with neem oil. a quick spray down with 50/50 water and 90% isopropyl will take out a bunch right away. a no pest strip in the grow space will help if you can limit exposure to yourself or others. i run one for mites from time to time while away at work when my place is unoccupied.

thrips are generational. any treatment has to take out the live ones, and then the ones that emerge from the eggs left behind. takes about 2 - 3 wks.

also get rid of the panel mylar. it's shit for plants.

you want pebbled or bubble wrap if you do any kind of mylar. nothing flat and no panels. it doesn't refract (not reflect) well, creating hotspots directed at odd bits of the plant, which can cause issues over time. flat ( no gloss at all ) white paint is the best.

Those two yellow things are thrips.....
thrips.PNG

super good eyes friend,, great catch

for sure the damage looks like thrips,, and has been a problem for a while looks like

all of the classic weapons required,,

but i might suggest this,, your plants are quite damaged,, and stressed,, i might go a bit easy with the treatments right off,, but,, get at er,,

some safers soap handy perhaps?

iso alcohol mixed one to one, or perhaps weaker for your plants

then the sponsors, sierra, has supposed remedies

karma sent friend

Thank you all for enormous amount of information. No they didn’t come from my house plants. I have 3 room grow shed with other plants in separated rooms.

Finding out my room that’s in flower at the moment has thrips. Found one tonight with signs of them eating the edges of leafs.

also thinking my flower room is having root problems saw a bit of fungus at drain hole.

Oh boy looking like I might be losing all my plants. With 3 rooms feel my only option is hack them all.

Try and save little guys and combat thrips. Thinking building a room in shop to get them out of my shed.

Then clean, clear and try and start again. Been growing a few years now and never had this much difficulties.

Shit I meant thrips up above, blame it on fat fingerz...

Not the end of the world, don’t give up without a fight. Nuke what you can with Spinosad or Safers or whatever, rotate thru chemicals if necessary. You can save some plants or take clones to keep your lines alive, recook soil, wash down tents, bud wash any plants at harvest that were impacted. But only you know what you’ve got and how far you are willing to take it and can weigh your own options

Thank you for your optimism. First time having bugs so I freaked out. Was about to chop them all down then couldn’t do it.
I will fight the fight and learn from this lesson.

I was cooking dirt before and for some mostly lazy reason I skipped that with one transplant.
That is probably were they came from and will be cooking dirt from now on.

It has spread to all my rooms. Have 1 room in flower weeks away from harvest can you spray buds?

I wouldn't spray the buds if I were you. Just give them a good wash after you've chopped, and try to combat the bugs before sending the others into flower.

I've also had really good luck with using potassium salts of fatty acids mixed with water and a touch of oil as a surfactant applied generously to the tops and bottoms of leaf surfaces. It's fairly harmless to the plant and is bad news for a number of annoying sap sucking bugs like aphids and mites and thrips and stuff. Definitely has been the saving grace for me since I've just moved some plants outside and had to deal with some thrips here

since you have a shed you can use a no pest strip or hot shot to supplement your attack. it will decimate any fliers or movers within 3 days and will keep emerging ones down. do not hang them in the flower room though. discontinue use 3 wks before chopping. continue other treatments during it's use.

it's fast tool to get stuff under control. only use in conjunction with other treatments for best effectiveness.

maybe check out that @Sierra Natural Science stuff. it's not legal here so no idea what it is.

Back
Top Bottom