400w bagseed closet grow

Nice shots. It's hard to get macro shots without the lens. What's the trich status from looking under a magnifying glass? I'm trying to save up and get a digital microscope.

I see different colors depending on where I look on the plant. I see some clear, some cloudy and just a very few amber. I haven't checked them since Sunday and I'll probably check it again either tonight or tomorrow. It seems like it's taking forever for the tichs to change, or maybe I'm just being impatient. I keep saying 1 more week but I say that each time I look so... only time will tell I guess.

Understandable. Sometimes we like it to finish flower in two weeks from flip. Even the fastest finishing is around 45 days for autos, and early finish strain. Heh. If you have more room grow more setup perpetual to spread your attention towards other plants. Next thing you know, you're harvesting non stop...

Understandable. Sometimes we like it to finish flower in two weeks from flip. Even the fastest finishing is around 45 days for autos, and early finish strain. Heh. If you have more room grow more setup perpetual to spread your attention towards other plants. Next thing you know, you're harvesting non stop...

I wish I had more grow space to do that. I really do. lol

Day 53 from 12/12 flip. I don't have many fan leaves left which kind of worries me a little. I know they are supposed to get yellow and all but I think I may have lost a bunch due to an over-watering issue I had.

100_2358.JPG
100_23611.JPG
100_23623.JPG

Looks good. Keep an eye on the trich colors, they are close to finishing. Too much water can develop root rot and could lead to too much moisture and the buds may have mold. Let it dry out for 3-4 days before watering.

Going to check on trichs again today. Hopefully I'll see something good. I'll let you know.

I was checking my trichs today and I noticed the few that I have that are amber, the little head was broken off of them. The ones that are clear or cloudy are formed just fine. Is this a bad thing? What's going on?

I looked at them some more and I don't think they are broken off, I think the heads of them just shriveled some. I think these beasts are about ready for harvest. I just watered them yesterday though so I may wait a few days. After the lights go out tonight I might keep them in dark mode for a few days and harvest maybe Wed or Thurs.

I'm amazed at how fast they trichs turned from cloudy to amber. I've turned out the lights today. It was almost kind of sad pulling the plug. I'm going to give them about two days in the dark. I don't know if that actually does anything to them but I figured it couldn't hurt.

Here is a picture of them right after I turned out the lights. As you can see I had to use some twine and tie up a few branches. I was afraid they might bend too far and snap.

In two days I'll chop them, trim whatever few leaves are left, and hang them to dry. Hopefully in about a week or so I'll know the final dry weight and into the canning jars they go for another 4 weeks for curing.

100_2375.JPG

100_2379.JPG
100_23803.JPG
100_23812.JPG

So I chopped them a day earlier than I planned. Here are the pictures. It was a lot of work trimming them but i'm sure it will be worth it.

Any more guesses on final weight. I'll give the person that guesses the closest a high five!

100_23833.JPG
100_23872.JPG
100_2392.JPG
100_23882.JPG
100_2389.JPG
100_23901.JPG

Congrats on the harvest! The plants looks great. Enter that in this month contest. When the nugs are dried enter them too in the nug of the month contest! For the dry weight, I'm guessing it will be 6.8oz for two plants

6.8oz? Really? I'd go crazy if I grew that much. I have a feeling It'll be lower than that but we'll see. I guess nobody else wants a high five.

Better yet I'll +rep the person that gets the closest.

I'm just eyeballing it. Do you have a size reference? Put a lighter next to one of the big nug. It's tricky with visual guessing since he density can greatly vary.

They have lost a lot of weight and size so far. They've been hanging for three days now and one nug (3rd pic, left of the lighter) that I weighed about 8 hours after cutting weighed about 1 gram and now weighs .3 grams.

100_2396.JPG
100_23951.JPG
100_24001.JPG

Yes over 70% of the weight will be lost during drying and a few more during curing. It may be around 1oz or less. Don't be discourage if it is. Next time will be better. Quality over quantity.

I'm sure I must have over 1oz. That last picture I sent with the lighter in it isn't all the bud I harvested. Go back a few posts and look at my harvest pics. There are three pics of them hanging because I couldn't get them all in one shot. Anyway... I'll probably weigh them in a few days when they are done drying and I'll let you know.

They seemed to have dried pretty fast. A few of the small stems would snap when I bent them but the larder ones bent a little. I've heard conflicting stories about when to start curing them. I've heard when they snap, before the snap, etc... So I decided to jar them now and I'll just burp them twice a day for 20 or 30 minutes and maybe shift the buds around. The jars look a little foggy but that isn't from moisture, they are just old and probably have a hard water film on them. Best I could find for now. Also, my test bud that I've been weighing hasn't seemed to have lost any more weight and is at .3g so I'm assuming they have lost "most" of their water weight. The jar on the left is from the smaller plant and the two jars on the right are from the larger plant. So I know they will probably lose a little more weight as I cure them over the next 4 weeks but I weighed them. The final weight is...

100_2405.JPG

Congrats! Looks great in jars. When they are dry on the outside I jar them up no need to wait for stem to dry. Depends on room temp too much heat will dry off the outside much faster while the inside is still wet, and 70-75F will have more consistent in dryness both outside in, however the core will still be moist. Drying is like baking, don't want the heat too high it will burn the outside leaving the inside still raw. Temp is important and if one cannot control it then jar them up, then put them outside for 10-15mins and jar it back up.

Let us know the smoke report when you get a chance.

I was hoping you would take another guess at the weight now that they are jarred up but I guess I'll tell you anyway. I ended up with 119 grams. Not too bad I guess. I do a little better on each grow. My last grow using all CFL bulbs and crappy MG ferts only gave me just under an ounce on two plants. I'm sure I would have done better on this grow if I didn't over water it a few times. Oh well... live and learn. See you in about a month with the smoke report...

Back
Top Bottom