40deg temps

Msav2112

420 Member
Hi everyone, this is. Picture of one of my 6 girls on the porch, and tonight we are about to have some 40 deg temps. My question is will the 40 deg morning temps hurt my girls? Are the ready to harvest? This is my first growing and I m not sure what to do. They were bag seeds so I am not sure of the strIan.

8CED9713-4232-422B-B79F-35C4CB36BB49.jpeg

47A5DE95-F9BB-4AD3-A81A-C7AA072907D1.jpeg

Trichs look clear, no amber yet. Temps may speed things along quicker, though I grow indoors. Others may chime in with more experience. Porch roof may help keep the coldest temps from reaching them. Maybe a fan will stir the air to help. Guud luck.

The temps of your soil are more important. Can wrap you containers with some sort of insulation. They could use a few more weeks. Usually its the rain that gets my chain saw out for harvests.

40 degrees is nothing, especially if the plants have been growing on the porch for awhile. They become acclimated, or 'hardened off' to the outside temperatures and the swings from hot to cold. It takes a hard frost/freeze to kill the plant; so in my experience until the temperatures get into the mid-20s you should be OK. What does happen though is that when temperatures start to be in the lower 40s and upper 30s at night it really slows down the growth.

This link is to a thread I put up a couple of years ago when I put several plants on the patio and kept them out there to the bitter end just to see what does happen and what it takes to kill the plant. Click on the photos to enlarge them a bit.

https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/we-are-past-the-frost-warnings-or-the-lady-finally-sang-the-last-song.474763/

Thank you so much for the advise. Like I said this is our first grow and as you can see we are very proud at what we have accomplished so far. I will be glad when these mature completely. They are smelling wonderful all over the yard 100 feet in every direction.

Back
Top Bottom