Drying question

Ive got 2 hygroneters and 5 jars so i rotate. 4 are between 55 60% one is at 68 so i got that one open for a bit
Well there you go, drop the boveda packs in the 55-60 jars and keep burping the 68 jar. I’m not sure how your stores look, but if you’re smoking on this harvest leave the boveda pack out of the jar you’re dipping into. Boveda packs are for long term closing without opening up because they dry out fast. So if you’re smoking on a different harvest then you’re fine to boveda all your jars. if not, leave one without it and smoke on that jar.

Well there you go, drop the boveda packs in the 55-60 jars and keep burping the 68 jar. I’m not sure how your stores look, but if you’re smoking on this harvest leave the boveda pack out of the jar you’re dipping into. Boveda packs are for long term closing without opening up because they dry out fast. So if you’re smoking on a different harvest then you’re fine to boveda all your jars. if not, leave one without it and smoke on that jar.
Yl thanks

Once the oxygen inside your jars runs out, the curing stops. That's why you open the jars every so often. One of the points of curing is to draw the remaining moisture out slowly after a 5 - 7 day rapid drying process. What you're saying doesn't make sense to me, but I'm no scientist.
At 40% you'd be smoking dust !!

Hey folks,
So i harvested my best plant yet.
Still wet but should get 5/6 oz easy. So my question is that I've got my buds in a box to dry . its been 4 days (i know its not done)
The temp is 66 deg. And its gone down to 62 RH and ive got a small fan blowing over top of the box and it seems to be hokding steady. Am i on the right track?
Like i said I've never had this amount drying.

Me I hang it all in the main tent for a week to ten days - make sure fans are blowing and temp is around 19°C

With that cheese try drying in the fridge! I promise you’ll be impressed with the results. Just cut down the plant, wash it, cut all the buds off the stalks, lay them out on sheet trays with roasting racks, and pop em in the fridge. Every 4 days bring em out for 2 hours and let them come up to room temp. Then after two weeks start checking the Rh of a jar full of nugs. Once it’s under 70, it can all be jarred and burped.

The best thing about fridge drying is that the temps stay steady, and the rh doesn’t really matter much.
Don't you use your fridge for putting food in bro?

Seriously tho I was surprised to read your fridge drying method

To avoid bud mold I've been keeping my buds above 19°C in their night time and also after I've cropped when I'm drying for a few days at least until the humidity drops below any danger of mold setting in
It’s not my method, it’s something that’s been researched by a member here since 1993. The low temps of 4-7C keeps the mold away as well as the volatile terpenes from evaporating away like they do at the normal 15-21C.

I like my humidity to be around 40% for drying, then I bring it back up to 62% (using Boveda) for curing. 60+% at this point just slows the drying process down while also increasing the risk of mold or rot, which I'd be very concerned about if drying in a box. You should be hanging it to dry.

How I do it ^^^^ Sometimes after I trim and its too damp, I will put in a box for a few days then into cans with Boveda 62% - the big ones.

How long would a crop take to dry using this method? Must be ages

i just did my whole harvest in the fridge.
read the method here and said whatever go for the gusto
its getting really close i have been sweating some of the bigger nugs all day to speed it up a bit. once rh gets to 70 going to jar and burp with boveda 62s
probably tomorrow. mold isnt really an issue if you check the jars every few hours during that danger period of rh 70-75
it does take longer than hanging for sure, but while sweating the buds they smell nice.
also saved time from not having a layover using the tent as the hanging room.
im experimenting just hanging whole buds from the fridge rack. i was reccomended using paper bags and a converted pizza box

You clearly said that you dryed your weed to 40% and then brought it back to 62% with Boveda pads, which is something I've never been able to accomplish. Or seen anyone else accomplish !!
Is there a question in there somewhere? If not, we're done here bud.:rolleyes:

How long would a crop take to dry using this method? Must be ages

Hang dry usually takes 3-4 days depending on rH of the room. The plants can get pretty dry if condition are low RH. Once in the jar the moisture left will all balance out. Add in a 62% Boveda pack and it will cure to perfection in a week or a little longer but good nuff for me in a week.

Low n slow can take a few weeks easily. But results are good. Retains more terpines this way. At least in the short term.

Is there a question in there somewhere? If not, we're done here bud.:rolleyes:
Yes, my question is, how do you raise the Rh, using boneva. I don’t know why I’m wasting my time. And that should be my question. Prove what you’re saying. I don’t believe you. I don’t believe Rh can be raised permanently , once it dips below a certain point. Prove me wrong .

gu
olz
Yes, my question is, how do you raise the Rh, using boneva. I don’t know why I’m wasting my time. And that should be my question. Prove what you’re saying. I don’t believe you. I don’t believe Rh can be raised permanently , once it dips below a certain point. Prove me wrong .

ok then leave a bud under a fan for a week until it is crispy dry
then jar it with a bobeda 62 for a month
BOOM its fluffy and not dry again.
i already smoked my proof lmao

Back
Top Bottom