420 HerbFarma Moby Dick Grow - First Journal

They are in 4.5 gallon pots. I'm not sure if I would be repotting.
My logic behind using controlled release nutes is I saw alot of success using similar products on threads such as ------'s.
Also I have a fellow grower who is using the same soil mix with smartcote and is having great results using that alone. After reading into more of Doc Bud's threads about control release ferts I read the problem could be simply be there is too little crf in the soil.
This coupled with the fact that the only difference between my grow and my buddy's is that he uses much less soil in the same size pots.
Therefore I added more to each pot and they all Seem to b doing much better

Tonight is a sad night my friends. Went into the grow room and identified four of my great white plants as males...
Sigh
I am down to my two moby dick plants which are doing very well. I will focus on them. Update tomorrow

Re: 420 HerbFarma Moby Dick Grow - First Journal & Grow Help Required

So here is an update at a day 8 of flowering...still kinda bummed about the males but what can we do...its as nature intended
This is Moby Dick #1
P8230066.jpg
P8230067.jpg
P8230068.jpg
P8230075.jpg

Moby Dick #2
P8230069.jpg
P8230070.jpg
P8230071.jpg
P8230074.jpg
P8230076.jpg
P8230078.jpg
P8230079.jpg

They have really blown up in growth and we are just a week and a bit in,

Very Nice just got my moby dick seeds in yesterday and I cant wait. hope it turns out as good

Poke Smot said:
Very Nice just got my moby dick seeds in yesterday and I cant wait. hope it turns out as good

Probably better my friend!! I ran into noob issues along the way. Waiting too long to transplant and lockout issues. They are pretty hardy sob's if u catch my drift. I'll definitelee buy more MB seeds. They are easy to handle and vigorous growers

if you are still having lockout issues run 2-3 galons of 6.5 ph'd water through them and let dry out and give a regular ph'd balanced watering light if you want. so you can feed a lite nutes in a few days after. if my other seed doesn't pop I will be planting a MB

Hey man, Chill set up, i JUST sprouted a MOby Dick Seed as well. i had recieved it as a freebie from the attitude seedbanks freebies list. Dinafem makes Great strains. looks like youll enjoy that with the setup youve got going, hopefully ill be able to get some pics up sometimes soon.

I recently bought well 1 1/2 months ago X5 Berry Bombs (bomb seeds) and X5 THC-Bombs (bomb seeds) as well as 10 TGA subcools PLush BERRYs. (REG) and two extra berry bomb fems and ended up getting 2 free dinafem Blue widows, and one free moby Dick. recently i decided the moby dick strain looked SOoo good from the pics ive seen online i decided to sprout that one and it was a massive stone/seed...and it sprouted in 29 hours. almost instant.

im sure youll have very good luck with that one, its a very good strain as well as a good Nute Eater... you can literally feed it lots of nutrients. i go with Technaflora Vitamin B1 Green label mixed 10 ML in 3 gallons or 15 ML for three gallons for the beginning and as a soil treatment. for healthy root development.

i sprouted most of the dina fem freebies cuz i really wanna see how they react and row, my best plant out of all the ones i mentioned is Dina fems "Shark attack" another freebie it is massive and already 4 weeks old in Veg under a 600W HPS and a 400 Watt MHalide.

hope to see more of your setup/grow things going dude! see ya around.....

( this is my first grow attempt in 4 years) startin' ofver from scratch "again" ...lol.... just had to take a break for a while and collect equipment.

-J

Darkshade1980 said:
Hey man, Chill set up, i JUST sprouted a MOby Dick Seed as well. i had recieved it as a freebie from the attitude seedbanks freebies list. Dinafem makes Great strains. looks like youll enjoy that with the setup youve got going, hopefully ill be able to get some pics up sometimes soon.

I recently bought well 1 1/2 months ago X5 Berry Bombs (bomb seeds) and X5 THC-Bombs (bomb seeds) as well as 10 TGA subcools PLush BERRYs. (REG) and two extra berry bomb fems and ended up getting 2 free dinafem Blue widows, and one free moby Dick. recently i decided the moby dick strain looked SOoo good from the pics ive seen online i decided to sprout that one and it was a massive stone/seed...and it sprouted in 29 hours. almost instant.

im sure youll have very good luck with that one, its a very good strain as well as a good Nute Eater... you can literally feed it lots of nutrients. i go with Technaflora Vitamin B1 Green label mixed 10 ML in 3 gallons or 15 ML for three gallons for the beginning and as a soil treatment. for healthy root development.

i sprouted most of the dina fem freebies cuz i really wanna see how they react and row, my best plant out of all the ones i mentioned is Dina fems "Shark attack" another freebie it is massive and already 4 weeks old in Veg under a 600W HPS and a 400 Watt MHalide.

hope to see more of your setup/grow things going dude! see ya around.....

( this is my first grow attempt in 4 years) startin' ofver from scratch "again" ...lol.... just had to take a break for a while and collect equipment.

-J

Welcome to the journal homey!
Yeah hope to see some pics of your setup soon. Really interested in the results of your double spectrum grow. You seem to have it dialed in at a nice ratio of hps to mh.
Yeah my MB plants are in 4.5 gallon pots and the roots have completely filled it up. It keeps my ladies from getting any taller as they are sorta root bound.
Which is good for me because I don't have alot of headroom (4.6 feet) and also I'm jus using a 400 watt so light intensity really diminishes after about a foot away. I keep my lights between 3-5 in above my tops depending on the position I have the plant as I give them a quarter turn every couple hours during lights on....
good vibes for your grow and plants mein!

Sometimes if you do have root bound or know that when taking out the root mass and checking out the bottom of the roots all curled around the pot looking for more soil to dive into then its def. "bound" ... sometimes using a chopstick (kinda like Bonsai pruning) you can stab out the old used soil between the roots without messing/breaking /ripping the root system then pushin new soil or (rub new soil in) shaking it in a loose soil bucket works well. then put it back in.

also cuttign the root soff with a pair of sharp knives/cutters works well you can prune from the roots not just the limbs/branches as well. its kinda tough though you need someone else to hold the 20 pond root mass or sit it sideways and do it. not recommended

I like the food pellets you chose, they look awfully potent but good at the same time. time release i was always sketchy about. sometimes i use ""vigoro" pellets. just for veg, always been afraid of Flowering pellets.

IVe never messed with Fruit auto (auto-flowering) plants before and when i saw the one freebie fruit auto seed flowering in 4th week of veg i was fairly amazed. its weird i dont like it that much i kinda like all the "hard work" of regular or Feminized at least.

i did take pics of the fruit autos leaves and they have brown spots, as well as some small yellow spots and are gettin a bit krispy, i think i used TOO much "PURE BLEND PRO- Bllom -SOIL" nutrient. but i like that one the best always had GOOD sucess with that. always.

just planted my MOBY DICK dinafem. seed looks like i have somethin worth growing again. the X5 Fem BERRY-BOMB seeds err 5 1/2 week in veg look great after theyve been tied down for 4 weeks. and the THC-BOMB X5 look good too...hopefully one or a few will have that Pheno of being Lavender/purple/violet...... aparently they both will have that in optimal conditions EG.- (airconditioning/78 degrees. sorry for writing a book long messege ya'all

Heres the two pics i just took.... has anyone seen that USB microscope camera for taking pics up close or trichromes or anything uclose? its AWESOME! i just ordered a 400X times cam.....

lemme know whatcha all think with the leaves, they are possibly being fed wayyyy too much pure blend pro bloom soil.

Fruit automatic BTW.
Picture_717.jpg
Picture_615.jpg

aparently the TGA subcool PLUSH BERRY seeds i sprouted are gonna turn out or supposedly really great X10 BTW (reg) has anyone had EXP. with PLUSH BERRY?

I like the Nutrient Choices HerbFarm. im using FOX farm OCean Foest have been using it for 8 years now every year. used to use that BX, forgett he name or CO name. as well as Light warrior. 9 yrs ago. not any more. heres a pic of the BAG seed i got outta an ounce of unknown headies/ good buds... lol it was kinda odd finding just ONE seed but it was mutated so i decided on sprouting it and heres the outcome.. a female one LUCKY ...

Darkshade1980 said:
Sometimes if you do have root bound or know that when taking out the root mass and checking out the bottom of the roots all curled around the pot looking for more soil to dive into then its def. "bound" ... sometimes using a chopstick (kinda like Bonsai pruning) you can stab out the old used soil between the roots without messing/breaking /ripping the root system then pushin new soil or (rub new soil in) shaking it in a loose soil bucket works well. then put it back in.

also cuttign the root soff with a pair of sharp knives/cutters works well you can prune from the roots not just the limbs/branches as well. its kinda tough though you need someone else to hold the 20 pond root mass or sit it sideways and do it. not recommended

I like the food pellets you chose, they look awfully potent but good at the same time. time release i was always sketchy about. sometimes i use ""vigoro" pellets. just for veg, always been afraid of Flowering pellets.

IVe never messed with Fruit auto (auto-flowering) plants before and when i saw the one freebie fruit auto seed flowering in 4th week of veg i was fairly amazed. its weird i dont like it that much i kinda like all the "hard work" of regular or Feminized at least.

i did take pics of the fruit autos leaves and they have brown spots, as well as some small yellow spots and are gettin a bit krispy, i think i used TOO much "PURE BLEND PRO- Bllom -SOIL" nutrient. but i like that one the best always had GOOD sucess with that. always.

just planted my MOBY DICK dinafem. seed looks like i have somethin worth growing again. the X5 Fem BERRY-BOMB seeds err 5 1/2 week in veg look great after theyve been tied down for 4 weeks. and the THC-BOMB X5 look good too...hopefully one or a few will have that Pheno of being Lavender/purple/violet...... aparently they both will have that in optimal conditions EG.- (airconditioning/78 degrees. sorry for writing a book long messege ya'all

The control release pellets I'm using are totally safe for our mj plants. Guaranteed never to burn the plants. My errors seem to have surfaced when I did not flush the soil well. Salt buildup is to blame. I learnt about using controlled release ferts from up here on 420. The popular one used up here is OC+ ( osmocote plus) but I didn't have access to it in my area do I did research and found an equivalent.
If you want more info check out Doc Bud's journal. They r really great and informative. He proves that these cheap alternatives really grow mj as well as and even better than the more expensive nutes.
There are growers who use solely the control release mixed in thoroughly into the medium at a tblsp per gallon of soil. This carries them through veg & flower. Great stuff as there is no real need to flush at harvest time ( though u may if you really want to...)

Update of Day 14 of flowering
this is Moby #1
P8290066.jpg
P8290067.jpg
P8290068.jpg
P8290069.jpg
P8290074.jpg

This is Moby #2
P8290076.jpg
P8290077.jpg
P8290082.jpg

8 new GWS i put in hempy cups (100% perlite) with one inch of soil on top
2 have popped so far
P8290083.jpg
P8290084.jpg

Had a lil mishap with an outside light gettin in the grow room last night. im waiting for lights on to check the damage. hope nothin goes wrong.

you know what might help out with bending branches and making them go the way you want them to. look up on that TUBE that YOU can watch any videos on and check out "snapping branches like KYle" Kushman that is..im sure you know who he is lol its kinda chill cuz they also show how theyve been doing an entire garden "vegan" style... not even using Poo or animal ferts. pretty amazing and the funny thing is i was almost doing that accidentally but of course started using fish stuff, bat stuff...ETC..haha. but its an informative video, a good rule to go by when your starting seedling in succession and have some plants 5 weeks ahead always put in that crappy or unliked seed and when it develops you can us that as your "test Subject" for bending snapping tying off .... Breaking..and of course with fert feeding sometimes burning.. then youll get good enough to not have to worry much anymore.

im attempting to make up my second veg room in the 12 foot long by 10 foot wide and 8 foot tall room. under the basement stairs. oh BTW check out on "420 Jars.COM" im sure youll find it im ordering soon a X400 Magnifying USB Camera! looks great has a stand and focus... and its pretty much those little hand held LED magnifyers but USB camera built in for 125.00$$ not too bad always wanted one to inspect leaves and of course the finished produt. kinda cool i can now take (soon) take MPEG Jpeg format pics of X400 closeups of Crystals and bud Calyx!. soon ill be posting pics of the garden now. ill letcha know when ive done that.

I like that idea of only a bit of soil at the top and perlite at the middle and bottom rest.... roots will just get trace nutes and multiply down and all around... nice ! : )

dont forget to keep a close eye on them becaus eit cn always happen even from stress

Back
Top Bottom