420 Magazine ParfactWorks HB1500 Contest Win Grow Journal

You're adding salts when you add the calcium and magnesium, so that's not clearing the ProMix out the way you describe it.

Hey, at least you added line breaks! Some folks post a wall of text that's nearly impossible to follow. :thumb:

I'm a bit confused why you have a 3-part nutrient system you paid for and never just run on its own to see how it performs. I have noticed a number of growers buy nutes and then feel like they need to throw the kitchen sink at the plant because of stuff they're read online.

I would flush it and give it a full watering of week 4 (8/2/5) and see how it does after that. Looks to be a 5 or 7 gallon bag, so flushing would be at least 10 gallons of tap water followed by at least 1.5 gallons of nutes.
To be honest i didn't really think about the fact i was adding in extra salts when adding the calcium and magnesium but yeah that makes sense.

Yup haha using the line breaks also makes it easier to follow when writing too.

I have tried using just the 3 part nutrients for other plants before I joined this site and it worked really well. It just seemed like this strain always wanted more calcium and/or magnesium even when using just nutrients. Yeah I did do a bunch of reading and alot of places said add more cal-mag if using leds so you are correct about that aswell.

2 days ago the one working PH meter i had got hit off a shelf without the cap and the electrode shattered, so I am kinda S.O.L. stuck trying to use expired paper tests and a bit of guessing for like a week and hoping i don't damage the plants.

Once I recieve a new meter I will definitely try a good flush followed with a good feed as you recommended though and i will post back on here. Thanks for the idea man.

Don't sweat the loss of the pH meter yet as your Sunshine mix is buffered to the correct pH at the factory. Next time you need the pH meter is if you need to slurry test the pH of the Sunshine mix to see if it's drifted beyond it's working range.
Thats good to know. I knew the lime would buffer it up if input water was low ph, wasn't sure if it would also buffer it down to the correct range if the input water had a high ph instead though.

I plan to place an order on amazon hopefully tomorrow and will include a ph meter and a cheap inline fan speed controller too so i can finally get the ventech exhaust fan installed.

I likely will wait until the ph meter is here before i do a full flush just to be safe. I will just give her water and maybe 1/2 stregnth nutrients once until then. When the ph meter is here i will complete the full flush followed with 1.5 gallons of full stregnth nutrients.

On a possitive note my other tent that had the mites appears to be rebounding in health. It is about 1 week into bud (3 weeks since light flip) and has nice little buds showing up everywhere with very little to no mite activity. I will likely post a picture on my other thread and possibly this one aswell in the next week or 2.

If you believe I should still flush now though even without the ph meter then I will, just not sure how much life the dolomite lime has left. I feel like the more water I put through it the more i risk it drifting out of range.

The main plant for this journal today is looking pretty rough unfortunately, it seems like almost all the tops are burning even though i haven't touched my light intensity in a week or 2 so i dont think that is the culprit.

Im thinking i am going to do a partial flush of 2 gallons water and then half a gallon of nutrients and turn the light down a bit anyways and then leave it until i get the new ph meter and then do a legit full flush. here are a couple leaves from the tops of the plant.
Screenshot_20211129-203730_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211129-203733_Gallery.jpg

ended up doing a 6 gallon flush and 1.5 of the 6 gallons were with RODI water and a bit of left over fox farms sledge-hammer flushing agent added. Followed by 1.5 gallons of nutrients after too. Will still perform the full flush when my ph meter is here if needed, hoping that helps a bit until then though.

Got enough calcium in the mix?
Hope you are feeling better from whatever got you sick shed.

I think it should be enough as it is full stregnth nutrients, I did stop adding in the diy calcium acetate and epsom salts though so maybe?

I am wondering if it could also maybe be due to the fact that my previous ph meters were not working the best either and the numbers on the meters were continually drifting up and down before they completely broke, which may have caused the medium to drift away from the correct range previously without me noticing?

Now without the ph meter at all I'm thinking it could be compounding the issue even more and moving further from the acceptable range, causing the calicium and magnesium to be less available to the plant? Just a guess though.

If that isn't the issue then this strain is a beast at consuming cal/mag unlike any other strain i have grown before lol.

Hey there buddy...sorry I've been absent. I was just thinking of you and figured I'd come by. What's going on over here? Can I help at all? How are the girls?

Hey there buddy...sorry I've been absent. I was just thinking of you and figured I'd come by. What's going on over here? Can I help at all? How are the girls?
Thanks for the reply, I haven't been on here at all recently because my ph meter broke and i still haven't got a new one yet, also my brother and his family got a new house so i had to help re-drywall it over the holidays too haha.

Haven't been paying a whole lot of attention to the plants recently ever since my ph meter broke. My plant for this journal is suffering a bit of nutrient lock and has what looks like a calcium and maybe phosphorous deficiency as the top of the plant has turned a bit purple already while still only in veg.

I plan to get it flushed and back to health asap when i get my new ph meter finally and i will continue with the updates again too. I will post a picture of the parfactworks plant soon so people can see what she is going through currently.

I just harvested my other 4x2 tent which budded with no ph meter for months and the results were still good with all things considered. I will post pictures on here of the buds i got from that aswell tonight or tomorrow.

I just harvested my other 4x2 tent which budded with no ph meter for months and the results were still good with all things considered. I will post pictures on here of the buds i got from that aswell tonight or tomorrow.
Good to hear from you buddy. Looking forward to seeing the pics and kudos to you for helping drywall!! Hope your holidays were great Kush!

Here are the pictures of the plant for this journal which is in ph nutrient lock. I just noticed yesterday that the tops of the plant seem to be yellowing now too and she is just looking rough overall. Hopefully my new ph meter is here soon.
20220125_000949.jpg
20220125_000955.jpg

any area that looks dark on those buds is solid purple, my phone camera didn't really do the plants justice in that low lighting. The final picture is the 3ftx3ft pile of wet buds from the 4x2 tent after 10 hours of harvesting and only wet trimming the leaves with no thc. I have also smoked about a half ounce of sample buds from those 2 plants aswell.

any area that looks dark on those buds is solid purple, my phone camera didn't really do the plants justice in that low lighting. The final picture is the 3ftx3ft pile of wet buds from the 4x2 tent after 10 hours of harvesting and only wet trimming the leaves with no thc. I have also smoked about a half ounce of sample buds from those 2 plants aswell.
Congrats on the harvest buddy! Beautiful colored buds! Def need that new meter for the other girl, though like ASAP

Congrats on the harvest buddy! Beautiful colored buds! Def need that new meter for the other girl, though like ASAP
Thanks again and yeah they even smell better than they look too lol, kinda reminds me of og kush, tuna kush, and purple kush all combined for the smell, taste and overall bud structure. I wish i knew the actual lineage of the strain though.

I have managed to bring back plants in worse shape before so im not completely worried yet, might purchase an extra ph meter though just so i dont have to deal with this repeating any time soon if I do manage to bring her back to health.

Are these in Sunshine 4 / ProMix? You don't need a pH pen for those or quality soil unless you're going to slurry test it, which would be something I recommend.

Are you still using the Indo nutes according to their schedule?

And how long has it been in that pot?
That one plant that is having the issues right now is mostly in sunshine mix herb and vegetable, not #4. It's a mix of peat moss, perlite, dolomite lime for ph buffer and silicon from what i remember. Its a really light medium, one 28l bag weighs almost nothing.

I am still using the indo nutrients and I have been feeding the repeat week. I have only been doing feed/water/feed/water recently though, so that definitely could have something to do with it aswell. I just haven't had time to mix the feed water every time in the last few weeks, I could cut the water part now though and move back to only feed.

It has also been in that pot for a while now, It was when i started this journal on October 25th and for over a month now (possibly several months) i have been giving it unknown ph feed and water. I definitely will do a slurry test and report the results as soon as i am able to.

Back
Top Bottom