• MountainHigh

Votes: 14 24.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Keith Lake

420 Emeritus
420 Staff
Nug-Month_new.jpg

We are now accepting nominations for the Nug of the Month contest.

Please submit a photo of your best nug (there is a separate contest thread for plants.) The nug must be your own, either purchased or grown. Optionally, we'd love to hear about the strain, taste, aroma, potency, effect, weight or any other frosty details that you're willing to share.

Once all nominations are in, we will begin voting for a winner. The contest will be open through the last day of the month.

Each winner will receive 50 rep points and the title "Nug of the Month Winner". Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Nug of the Year" contest; to be held in January.

Also, submit your best high resolution photos to photos@420magazine.com for publication in 420 Magazine's print edition.

Rules:

1. Contest entries must be original photos of your own nug. The nug photo may include several nugs or a cola.

2. Entries must include ONLY photos of the nug. But you may add one photo as a reference point for size or a closeup/macro.

3. Maximum of two photos per member. Updating photos throughout the month is not allowed.

4. Remember to upload your photo through our Photo Gallery before posting it on this thread.
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

5. Nugs must be "dry" and in "ready to smoke" form.

6. Self-nominations only.

7. Competition is open to the first 25 entries.

UPDATE - Please note that effective March 2010 there will no longer be 2nd or 3rd place awards.

Consolidated Entries for March 2010

WheeloFortune
1-26-5.JPG

1-26-7.JPG

Leave Weaver
BB_Smack_Nugg_22_.jpg

BB_Smack_Nugg_16_.jpg

bigdeal422
P1000281.jpg

P10002832.jpg

siscokid
015128.JPG

Olias
Image0000127.jpg

HealingKronic
100_3266.JPG

100_3267.JPG

Mr Smith
bubblelicious002.JPG

bubblelicious009.JPG

yarddog35
nug_o_the_month_001.jpg

nug_o_the_month_002.jpg

MountainHigh
Lilbit_bud1.jpg

Lilbit2.jpg

I've been out of nugz for a while now, just reminiscing over my last harvest.

Some "Holy Shit", grown organically in super soil/dirt combo, under a 400w HPS, scrog style.
These pics are after a 4 week cure. The nugz aren't huge, but they will knock you on your ass with power. Tasty as hell too. very dense.
If I could submit more than two pics, I have some nice tric shots, but i like these two for bling and reference size.

1-26-5.JPG

1-26-7.JPG

damn boys, I can't wait to get some fresh nugz. that was a nice jar. can't wait to refill it.

Heres my entry.... its the main cola from my Blueberry Smack strain, i entered a side cola in FEB NOTM but it looks like i need to bring out the primo...

She was grown under CFLs 12/12 for 16wks in a 4.20 cu ft area >>>Organic<<<

Smoke report: Sweet musky undertones followed by tart blueberry taste with a surprisingly smooth finish.... High.... Space exploration couch lock... face numby...

BB_Smack_Nugg_22_.jpg

BB_Smack_Nugg_16_.jpg

CHECK OUT MY JOURNAL FOR INFO ON THE GROW/STRAIN/METHODS....THANKS AND GOOD LUCK!!!

I can't wait to post the nugs I will grow in the future, but for now, pics of my stash will have to do. Shiva and Sour Diesel. Here are 2 of my top 3 favorite local flavors that I get from a wonderful old soul.

Shiva has a strong pungent smell with hints of lime and marijuana ammonia (only way I can describe it's strong smell as it doesn't really smell like ammonia). The taste is amazing, so smooth, and on the exhale you can taste the lime. High is somewhat more in the head w/ racing thoughts and ideas. Really mellow body high, nice and relaxed.
P1000281.jpg

Sour Diesel is amazing. The smell and flavor are unmistakable. Smells like someone created a high ocatane racing fuel using marijuana that smells like lemons? The taste is out of this world. On the exhale you taste hints of fuel, lemons, sweet, sour, and others that words can't describe. This is my favorite all day smoke as it lessens my anxiety, brightens my mood (depression), lessens pain/muscle spasms, and doesn't make me drowsy!
P10002832.jpg

Hope you enjoy pics and descriptions, and feel free to drop by my journal if you have a spare moment. Thanks everyone, and happy growing!:goodluck:

Heres my entry.... its the main cola from my Blueberry Smack strain, i entered a side cola in FEB NOTM but it looks like i need to bring out the primo...

Smoke report: Sweet musky undertones followed by tart blueberry taste with a surprisingly smooth finish.... High.... Space exploration couch lock... face numby...

BB_Smack_Nugg_22_.jpg

BB_Smack_Nugg_16_.jpg

CHECK OUT MY JOURNAL FOR INFO ON THE GROW/STRAIN/METHODS....THANKS AND GOOD LUCK!!!

OMG, you can smack me with that till I am blue...Looks so tasty, and i swear i can smell it from here.

Siscokid, that is one tasty looking nugget! What's the smoke report like (link it if ya got it)? I dig the purple and gold look. Can you or anyone explain what a water cure is???

Leave weaver, I second the notion that you could smack me anytime with that bud. I'm digging the purple/blue hues you've gotten out of it. Looks tasty.

Wheel, what can I say other than *Bling*? That stuff looks like it has some healing properties for sure! I bet the taste/smell is pretty swell too.:grinjoint:

OMG, you can smack me with that till I am blue...Looks so tasty, and i swear i can smell it from here.

haha, well i actually have smacked someone that smoked this with me... he was officially the first Blueberry Smack'd recipient... he was so puzzled at first; i said "Blueberry SMACK"... then he was like oh... and continued to rip that SHIT :roorrip: UP

Can you or anyone explain what a water cure is???

Leave weaver, I second the notion that you could smack me anytime with that bud. I'm digging the purple/blue hues you've gotten out of it. Looks tasty.

Water curing is pretty much using water to leech out all of the horrible tasting nutrients that are usually allowed to dissipate in to the air with a regular air cure.

This causes the bud to smell and taste like virtually nothing, this can be good or bad, personally i love the smell and taste of my green and wouldn't want to mess with that but if you wanna have some incognito smoke or you are going to make butter with it then its the way to go....

Since THC is insoluble your precious resin glands wont melt away......

ps you can get 'SMACK'D' anytime:grinjoint:

bigdeal422 said:
Siscokid, that is one tasty looking nugget! What's the smoke report like (link it if ya got it)? I dig the purple and gold look. Can you or anyone explain what a water cure is???
Thanks bigdeal, leaveweaver explained it pretty well, you can go to my journal and check out the simple process. Take care.

That looks amazing!!!

Thank you jasonlee:peacetwo:

BB_Smack_Nugg_22_.jpg

BB_Smack_Nugg_16_.jpg

Hasn't anyone ever told you that you can't get buds like that with CFLs?

LOL, Just kidding!

I've been out of nugz for a while now, just reminiscing over my last harvest.

Some "Holy Shit", grown organically in super soil/dirt combo, under a 400w HPS, scrog style.
These pics are after a 4 week cure. The nugz aren't huge, but they will knock you on your ass with power. Tasty as hell too. very dense.
If I could submit more than two pics, I have some nice tric shots, but i like these two for bling and reference size.

1-26-5.JPG

1-26-7.JPG

damn boys, I can't wait to get some fresh nugz. that was a nice jar. can't wait to refill it.

Looks like someone dropped some grounded up powdered diamond dust on those buds! Awesome!

Those are better Olias. Nice buds by the way, keep up the good work! Here is a link to 10 basic steps to make you a better photographer.
Top 10 Tips for Great Pictures
Sorry if this is a bit :eek:fftopic: but I want to see the best pictures available to judge which bud is best. You could have some amazing marijuana, but with the wrong camera/settings, it just looks ordinary.:goodjob:&:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom