48 hours of dark

a word about hermism... While a stressor like what we are discussing could very well trigger a hermi response in the plant, with a week to go this is not at all a worry... it is not like the plant is going to immediately produce pollen, pollinate itself and produce seeds, all in a week. Give the plant another 3 weeks and it could be an issue... but here, not even a concern.

Thanks again @Emilya !

You've answered the two questions I couldn't find in the literature on this - probably because it's such an edge case and requires hands-on experience:

1) For a plant being submitted to a sustained dark period of more than 12 hours - how long will it take to trigger "hermieism"?

2) If a plant is triggered to "hermie", then how long does it take for the plant to grow out the pollen sacs or nanners?

Basically though, it's just not recommended, because as soon as a plant is triggered to "hermie", it immediately shifts its energy from growing potent and fragrant buds into producing pollen and seeds - thereby decreasing the quality and yield of your harvest.

For me, the lesson here though is - Do your best to give your plant ideal growing conditions. The sensimilla plant is already under stress trying to get pregnant by growing out the flowers instead of seeds. It's very unnatural for a female plant to go 8 weeks of not being pollinated. It wants to be pregnant and it wants to grow seeds - that is its nature!

And if you are going to stress a plant using LST or HST to try and tweak out more THC and Terpenes - especially anything high stress (defoliation, schwazzing, topping, fimming, light deprivation, stem splitting) then you better know what you are doing - and do them in the right order.

There are reasons why we save stem splitting and light deprivation to the final week before harvest - and now you know why!

Anymore questions @Autofacade ? Bring them on!!! lol :)

Some Very High Stress Training Techniques I'm aware of:

00.jpg
Use Schwazzing To Expose Your Buds To More Light

00.jpg
Splitting Stems: Should You Take A Knife To Your Cannabis Plant?

00.jpg What Is Light Deprivation And How Does It Affect Cannabis?

Those links are gunna be very handy!! Indeed!! Oh @DrCannaCanadian there is one thing i always got and that's a question @Emilya Can vouch for that :cheesygrinsmiley:.

While I have the attention of some canastars here is your next question:

Whilst we are on the subject of light......
When flipping to flower. Should you or is there any point in slowly decreasing the light one hour a day until your at 12/12. Mimicking the change in season or do you want the shock sudden flip??? Myth or beneficial?

I see it as creating less stress. But at the same time no season changes in a week..... wouldn't you just be prolonging the adjustment time it takes for the plants to start the flowering???

Enjoy hehe

Back
Top Bottom