480W & 720W LED Grow - Land of Clovers

re: Irish Boy's - 480W & 720w Grow LED Hydro - Land Of Clovers

Those things look like they were just cut and not trimmed - you know, lots of greenery but no roots to support it. Did they have a root-system when you got them? I'd expect a plant with inadequate roots to produce more, but if it's also in a "grow, grow, grow" situation, something has to give.

It'll probably pick up soon assuming it's not a case of pH shooting really high (I had some actual plants look like that after a small accident with GH's silica product Rare Earth) or something like rot in the root-system. But... Have you considered giving the plant a "haircut" like people do when taking cuttings? Equalize the amount of roots to the amount of greenery that they will support and both will be likely to grow.

Whatever is causing it, hope you can save them either to grow/flower or to grow enough to take healthy cuttings from.

no they had a good size root system. some roots might have been damaged though because they were all in one RW cube called a 6 pack. i hate those, you have to cut it and tare it apart. i noticed none of the leafs were cut though. what i did today was cut off all the yellow leaves that way the plant dosent try to spend energy fixing them, well thats what my brain thought?.lol. not sure if that was a good thing? these nutes say not to PH my water so that could be? the microbes i am thinking thats what their saying will PH my medium? not too sure they just said not to PH. i dont think thats the reason though because my other clones in the 180w tent were PH'ed and i had the same issue.

when giving a hair cut what leaves should i cut? all you do is trim off the fingers right? i have never cloned and done that before before so i dont know?

Do you think the dome will help?

Sent you a barely-coherent PM but wanted to add:

Those things were probably (or at least, maybe) fed often throughout the day with a weak nutrient flow. Now they've been placed into a "soil-type" situation. They're transpiring (THAT'S the word I couldn't remember lmao) moisture and they don't have the proper roots to uptake enough to keep up with it. Kind of a hydro-to-soil thing? They'll be fine eventually if they manage to get the roots in time.

Water more often. Try to get ahead of the loss.

Sent you a barely-coherent PM but wanted to add:

Those things were probably (or at least, maybe) fed often throughout the day with a weak nutrient flow. Now they've been placed into a "soil-type" situation. They're transpiring (THAT'S the word I couldn't remember lmao) moisture and they don't have the proper roots to uptake enough to keep up with it. Kind of a hydro-to-soil thing? They'll be fine eventually if they manage to get the roots in time.

Water more often. Try to get ahead of the loss.

i would have to agree. i think they need some kelp. or a foliar spray of kelp to give them every thing kelp offerers. i need to keep it organic because of the Micro life i put in, salts arnt good for them. so kelp will be as good as it gets with vitams and 70 other things it offers. The roots should take off soon after all the Mycorrhiza i added to it, just needs a little time to work with the roots. i am sure the roots wont be a problem since this is what this company is known for. ive seen some crazy cannabis plants roots grown with this stuff. they will get a good feeding of some tea in a few days that should help them also.

they are looking a whole lot better after staying up all night looking after. a little R/O water sprayed on them, a little trimming off all the dieing leaves and a hair cut on the really big fan leaves, and their doing allot better.
the droopy girl is looking allot better also. i am 95% sure she is going to be good to go once the lights come on tomorrow.

Your pictures didn't make it.

Relax the misting/spraying/dome and try giving them water through the roots. Roots for taking in water, stomata for expelling it. Yes, it'll work to mist them if they're severely droughted - although by that point the stomata are probably closed in a last-ditch effort to save moisture so maybe not - but it's inefficient and does little to promote the plant's natural mechanisms.

I AM VERY PROUD OF MYSELF. I WAS ABLE TO TURN THEM AROUND.:yahoo::yahoo:

I PUT TOGETHER A NICE BEFORE & AFTER PIC SETUP FOR YOU GUYS

BEFORE
100_3784.JPG

AFTER
100_3817.JPG
100_3818.JPG

BEFORE
100_3772.JPG

AFTER
100_38121.JPG

BEFORE
100_3775.JPG

AFTER
100_3813.JPG

BEFORE
100_3774.JPG

AFTER
100_3814.JPG

BEFORE
100_37781.JPG

AFTER
100_3821.JPG

Try spraying them with a little water and putting a clear 12oz cup over them.. Like a small humidity dome.. It will help them pull through the stress.. Works for me every time.. Give it a try on one or two of the real stressed ones..

If the girls are too big for the 12oz cups, try clear 1 or 2 liter pop bottles...
great advise! +reps+

Nice man they really held in there. Looking much better.
ya i am happy as hell:yahoo:

nice save IB

looks like you may be smoking some JH after all ;)
thanks guy's
great advise! +reps+
yes it was
Awesome good to see they recovered. I am having the same problem with 3 out of my ten clones I hope they pull through like yours did. As always great job!!

Check it out:

OG Kush DWC/Lucas 1800W LED

i would suggest using that Azos it made all of my girls pirk right up. if you cant get the Azos right now and need something i would give them a folair spray of just filtered water or sea kelp if you could? these will help them big time. the moister is needed to the leaves so the roots dont have to work so hard. use as less light as you can and keep it around 3' above the plants. the IR from the plants will dry out the leaves too much. if their real bad use Dogs way on putting a dome on them for a few hours.

Whats up Irish, first off reading through the journal, tons of great information. The info in the seaweed was awesome. I have used it in all my grows. I knew it was good stuff but had no idea how good until I read all the great info you posted. Thanks for that. On a side note I noticed you said you took apart the cubes to plant your Jack. Could you not have just planted the plants cubes in the soil avoiding so much stress. (Great job getting them back on track.) I did that with a couple of my clones and it seemed to work out just fine. Interested to hear your take on that and the possible problems you thought you might have by planting with the cubes.

On a side note I noticed you said you took apart the cubes to plant your Jack. Could you not have just planted the plants cubes in the soil avoiding so much stress.

I dont think Irish broke up the individual cubes, but had to cut the six pack connected ones apart. With roots growing into the connected cube next to it. It sounds like it would be a mess to do.

Whats up Irish, first off reading through the journal, tons of great information. The info in the seaweed was awesome. I have used it in all my grows. I knew it was good stuff but had no idea how good until I read all the great info you posted. Thanks for that. On a side note I noticed you said you took apart the cubes to plant your Jack. Could you not have just planted the plants cubes in the soil avoiding so much stress. (Great job getting them back on track.) I did that with a couple of my clones and it seemed to work out just fine. Interested to hear your take on that and the possible problems you thought you might have by planting with the cubes.
Yes Kelp is as good as it gets IMO. it dose so many things for our plants. it can help our plants do different things in different stages of the plants life, we can also apply it different ways to make the plants do different things. ive been reading all about it the last few days.

As far as the RW cubes, i had to take them apart because all 4 plants were in one RW cube maybe 6"x6". so you have to cut/tear each plant out and hope you dont hurt the roots. its a stupid way of doing clones IMO. But its cheaper for them to do it this way. Heres a pic i found on the web showing what i mean.
clones66.jpg

thats awesome,they look very nice now compared to the before pic...how much time was between the before and after pics?
Some were in only a few hours and some i think were no longer then a day
I dont think Irish broke up the individual cubes, but had to cut the six pack connected ones apart. With roots growing into the connected cube next to it. It sounds like it would be a mess to do.
that is correct, and yes its a big mess to do and its not sun. sometimes it not bad when their real young because the roots arnt all over the place, but these ones were and not fun at all.

Sorry Irish, misunderstood a bit but now I got it, and that is pretty darn stupid to put 4 clones into on cube. For gosh sakes how much money could that really save them. Anyway thanks again....

Sorry Irish, misunderstood a bit but now I got it, and that is pretty darn stupid to put 4 clones into on cube. For gosh sakes how much money could that really save them. Anyway thanks again....

I get worse! they put 6 clones in one cube. i just only got 4 of them so they had to cut the other 2 out. very stupid. i wouldn't think its that big of a saving either. I hate RW cubes anyways when/if i ever tale clones i will not use them.

I get worse! they put 6 clones in one cube. i just only got 4 of them so they had to cut the other 2 out. very stupid. i wouldn't think its that big of a saving either. I hate RW cubes anyways when/if i ever tale clones i will not use them.

Got to wonder if the other two died. They should have just given them to you.

Back
Top Bottom