480W & 720W LED Grow - Land of Clovers

re: Irish Boy's - 480W & 720w Grow LED Hydro - Land Of Clovers

What's up Irish, looks like you got the jack all up and running, very nice save, it would have been sad to see those jack all withered away.

Those tea bags are of interest to me for sure, will be very interested to see how those things work out for you. I have found that all those store bought teas and mixes are very expensive and don't work as well as the stuff you can make yourself for almost nothing. As for the foam, I just mix it up back into my teas.

I think in time we will all find alternatives to the expensive additives you buy from the hydro stores. With all the people growing now, trying new things. I think the expense of all those things will be a thing of the past. Except for the lazy, they will always pay a lot for convenience.

Again very nice journal, always a pleasure to catch up.

HERES WHAT MINE SAYS (NOTE THIS IS PER TSP AND WE SHOULD USE 2TBS

Horse, is that per gallon?

hey irish,
whats your opinion on this? its on my OC+ plant, not to worried since its only the older fan leaves and very near to harvest. just trying to figure it out so i might know how to prevent next time. anything would be great, thanx.
my_grow_414.jpg
my_grow_411.jpg
my_grow_413.jpg

from google: Pickling lime for pickling cucumbers the old-fashioned way for extra crispness and flavor! Makes Cucumber Lime Pickles (recipe on each jar), Green Tomato Pickles, Watermelon Rinds and Citron Pickles. Pickling lime is food grade calcium hydroxide with no additives or preservatives. A quality pickling product from Mrs. Wages. 16 oz. (454g) $3.89

Have no clue if this is what you are looking for!
i was wondering about the same thing, from what i did find its not used too much for growing at the places i seen. i will keep looking into it.
Molasses has calcium and magnesium, and maybe some other micros, whereas honey would just mainly supply carbs.

Well... It does have some calcium and magnesium. Vitamin B2, B3, B5, B6, B9. Vitamin C. Iron, phosphorous, potassium, sodium, and zinc. Maybe in smaller amounts than molasses. Not really sure. It possibly varies based on what the bees that make it consume?
i think it has less of it then molasses
Hi Irish. I'm no expert, but do you think you might be overloading your plants with to much at this young age. Just a thought.
No i dont think so. yesterday was the 1st time i fed them, all the other stuff was micro life for my roots. the Cal/Carb was calcium witch is good and CO2 witch is also good. they seemed to love the tea by the looks of things today. so far they seems real happy and green. but yes yesterday was the 1st real feeding.
Thanks Irish,

Photo_on_2010-12-12_at_10_29.jpg
Photo_on_2010-12-12_at_10_32.jpg
DSC08435.jpg

I got the nutritional values off the net.

Mrs Horse wants to know if it will sweeten my disposition? :)

:peace:
thanks sir, same stuff i have
What's up Irish, looks like you got the jack all up and running, very nice save, it would have been sad to see those jack all withered away.

Those tea bags are of interest to me for sure, will be very interested to see how those things work out for you. I have found that all those store bought teas and mixes are very expensive and don't work as well as the stuff you can make yourself for almost nothing. As for the foam, I just mix it up back into my teas.

I think in time we will all find alternatives to the expensive additives you buy from the hydro stores. With all the people growing now, trying new things. I think the expense of all those things will be a thing of the past. Except for the lazy, they will always pay a lot for convenience.

Again very nice journal, always a pleasure to catch up.
thanks you sir. always a pleasure to read ur post.
my plants seem to love that tea so far, i will continue to use it as long as the company keeps the price fair, if not then i would make my own. ive been spending a while looking at different tea mixes and whats good for what. i will not by pricey nutes agian, i will either stick with this new company if i feel the products did great, or use the TRF's. if i did buy from the hydro shop i would by good cheap organics like Age Old as a base nute, that stuff kicks ass for my friends and is very cheap for liquid food. i really want to get into organics or semi organics and not such harsh chems.
hey irish,
whats your opinion on this? its on my OC+ plant, not to worried since its only the older fan leaves and very near to harvest. just trying to figure it out so i might know how to prevent next time. anything would be great, thanx.
my_grow_414.jpg
my_grow_411.jpg
my_grow_413.jpg

already posted on ur thread. i beat you to it:)

check ur run off? but i think if their into later flowering its just from age, kinda like what happens with our skin, when i am that far into flower i dont worry about it, its not going to shrink my buds. but it could be a PH problem witch is my guess check the run off and see where its at.

thanks you to whom ever replied

SS- i dont believe i called u rish but sorry, lol. im alittle confused as to why u say im not irish, but thanks anyway. im not to concerned about the leaf problem, i noticed it started awhile ago, but has moved round slowly.
:thumb:

thanks you to whom ever replied

SS- i dont believe i called u rish but sorry, lol. im alittle confused as to why u say im not irish, but thanks anyway. im not to concerned about the leaf problem, i noticed it started awhile ago, but has moved round slowly.
:thumb:

because you ask hey irish,
whats your opinion on this?
the question was towards me. so he was trying to be respectful and give some advise without steeping on any toes since the question wasn't asked towards him but me. I do the same thing on other threads when someone els is asked a question but i have some advice to share on what i think the problem is. he was just being respectful

oh ok, i thought i might have wrote on SS, cuz i was on ss thread, lol, my bad :)

Hope you guys dont mind all the pics i post? But Heres my 180w tent with the Casey Jones. Just wanted to show you how their looking with the LST i did to them. their taking to it really well, one girl in the back right is just staying a bush she isnt really liking the LST at this time, i might just release her and let her go normal. all the others are taking to it great and are looking pretty damn good to me. its truly amazing how the other branches react when you drop that main top down lower them them, they will shoot up really fast.

180w grow
100_38352.JPG
100_38401.JPG
100_38421.JPG
100_38341.JPG

wow, u have really turned them girs around, well done. very nice lst, they look happy.

what r u using to pull them with?

I don't think there is such a things as too many pictures, at least that's my opinion, keep them coming..

First post here!

Great work Irishboy!!!!!! been watching and reading along your last couple grows and finally got a 600w LED and put some super silver lemon haze clones under it two weeks ago! :D

Thing is, 2 of them just arent keeping up with the other guys and was curious (after reading your feelings of more yield from fewer, healthier plants) if i should move them to a smaller box and throw them under a cfl or something till they could catch up.

This guy here is one of the slower guys, his leaves seem to be curling pretty aggressively, but hes still a dark green??

img20101212191137.jpg

Here on the other hand is one of the stronger guys, who absolutely shot up when they met the LED :)

img20101212191252.jpg

and them all for comparison. the one with the clip, I am attempting LST since it was even slower, and still looked like a sapling-so far it seems to have helped some atleast

img20101212191534.jpg

img20101212191722.jpg

excited to see what you get from this grow as im hoping 2 of this led panels next to each other work amazingly!! :popcorn:

wow, u have really turned them girs around, well done. very nice lst, they look happy.

what r u using to pull them with?
thanks!
I am just using some plastic plant ties, u can find them in a garden store/area
I don't think there is such a things as too many pictures, at least that's my opinion, keep them coming..
that what i was thinking.lol
First post here!

Great work Irishboy!!!!!! been watching and reading along your last couple grows and finally got a 600w LED and put some super silver lemon haze clones under it two weeks ago! :D

Thing is, 2 of them just arent keeping up with the other guys and was curious (after reading your feelings of more yield from fewer, healthier plants) if i should move them to a smaller box and throw them under a cfl or something till they could catch up.

This guy here is one of the slower guys, his leaves seem to be curling pretty aggressively, but hes still a dark green??

and them all for comparison. the one with the clip, I am attempting LST since it was even slower, and still looked like a sapling-so far it seems to have helped some atleast

]

excited to see what you get from this grow as im hoping 2 of this led panels next to each other work amazingly!! :popcorn:

IMO your light is too close and making the plants work to hard on cooling them selfs and not root growth. i would raise the light a good amount for a little bit, and maybe spray those girls with R/O water and make a dome out of a 2 liter bottle for a day and see if she is perking up? then leave it for a few more days.

kinda looks like ur PH is off also maybe? i see some yellowing on a few leaves that maybe is messing with the Nitrogen, its could also be the food u use. but i can say 1st hand that not all clones grow at the same rate, ive had plenty of them grow slower and at the end become the biggest plant, just like on my last grow.

if it were me i would cut a few on the weaker ones fan leaves fingers to cut down on the work load of the roots so the plants arnt transpiring so much and threw that dome on them. but this is just me use ur own judgment

were those smaller ones have smaller roots. i bet anything the lights too close. as of right now i have my GLH 300w 32" and my girls love it any closer and their not happy this young

i truly do think once ur plants get too big and block each other you will lose yield, but i wouldn't cut any out until that time comes then the weaker ones go! you dont want them fighting for light

thanks!

IMO your light is too close and making the plants work to hard on cooling them selfs and not root growth. i would raise the light a good amount for a little bit, and maybe spray those girls with R/O water and make a dome out of a 2 liter bottle for a day and see if she is perking up? then leave it for a few more days.

kinda looks like ur PH is off also maybe? i see some yellowing on a few leaves that maybe is messing with the Nitrogen, its could also be the food u use. but i can say 1st hand that not all clones grow at the same rate, ive had plenty of them grow slower and at the end become the biggest plant, just like on my last grow.

if it were me i would cut a few on the weaker ones fan leaves fingers to cut down on the work load of the roots so the plants arnt transpiring so much and threw that dome on them. but this is just me use ur own judgment

were those smaller ones have smaller roots. i bet anything the lights too close. as of right now i have my GLH 300w 32" and my girls love it any closer and their not happy this young

i truly do think once ur plants get too big and block each other you will lose yield, but i wouldn't cut any out until that time comes then the weaker ones go! you dont want them fighting for light

Ok i dropped them to the floor, i was worried at first because i wasnt seeing much growth so i moved them closer little by little, and it seemed like it was making them happier. I haven't given them any nutrients as of yet, just tap water and dirt that already has bat guano, feather meal, blood meal, some coir, and a slew of other things. It also says that it is enritched with nitrogen, could it be too much or not enough? I am in dire need of a pH scale so i haven't had a chance to test it yet tho...

after seeing the results of yours under the dome i was thinking of doing the same, if i were to cut the leaves, should i cut the larger ones up top? and should i be worried about the condensation inside the dome? I too live in CA and the humidity is already on the higher side here.

Thanks for the input :D you are a god amongst growers!!!! :allgood:

Damn Irish,they look great!:welldone:
Thank you Sir!!
Ok i dropped them to the floor, i was worried at first because i wasnt seeing much growth so i moved them closer little by little, and it seemed like it was making them happier. I haven't given them any nutrients as of yet, just tap water and dirt that already has bat guano, feather meal, blood meal, some coir, and a slew of other things. It also says that it is enritched with nitrogen, could it be too much or not enough? I am in dire need of a pH scale so i haven't had a chance to test it yet tho...

after seeing the results of yours under the dome i was thinking of doing the same, if i were to cut the leaves, should i cut the larger ones up top? and should i be worried about the condensation inside the dome? I too live in CA and the humidity is already on the higher side here.

Thanks for the input :D you are a god amongst growers!!!! :allgood:

make sure ur tap water bubbles for at least 24hr to get rid of most of the chlorine, but if you dont know what the PH is it easy to get ur PH way off and lock out certain things. maybe a cheap pool PH test kit will get you in the ball park. at least so u can see what ur tap water PH is?

when using good quality soil should have enough food to feed ur girls for a while worm castings, meals, guanos, ect.. i would recommend sea kelp for sure though mixed into ur water.

Now with the led light hight its hard to say because i dont know what brand u are using? ive tried a few different types of led lights in my time and they all like different heights. I know the better/stronger GLH lights are a good idea to start off high and work ur way down, to harden off ur plants.

As far as the dome it worked wonders for my one girl, the others came back with just good micro life i believe? but the dome i just sprayed R/O water on the inside and put it over my girl and took in of every maybe 3-4 hours and left it off for maybe 15-30min and put it back on. the moister in the dome is what keeps the plants from transpiring allot.

When cutting the leaves its best to cut some of the fingers off that are the older growth and that are too big and bulky for the roots. dont cut the whole leaf off just the fingers. just like you see with allot of clones when you get them from a good cloner.

Now please dont take my advise as the right and only way of doing things. this is just my opinion and what i would do. in no means am i saying this is the right/only way of doing things. you must take peoples advice and run it threw ur head to see if it makes sense and do some Google searching. the last thing i want is to be at fault if somthing i said messed up their plants;) but this is what ive done and what worked for me.

by the way from the looks of the 1st pic you have the dreaded "CLAW" i have no clue what it means for 100% sure, but ive read before it has something to due with Nitrogen, but maybe do some goggle reading on "the Claw with cannabis plants". or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom