480W & 720W LED Grow - Land of Clovers

re: Irish Boy's - 480W & 720w Grow LED Hydro - Land Of Clovers

First post here!

Welcome to 420Magazine!

We have a forum where new members can introduce themselves if they wish. Introduce Yourself - 420 Magazine

While you are encouraged to post cannabis-related photos here, our site guidelines state that members are to upload them into their Member Galleries here and to then use the photo icon in the message editor to insert them into their posts. This is, among other things, for the protection of the member that is posting them and this site.

Here are some helpful threads:
Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

There are a few others in our Member Resources forum that may be helpful.

i noticed white mold growing on top of my soil after feeding the compost tea. ive heard its harmless and do to tons of Microbes? any body know anything about this?

"Are you sure it is mold? It sounds a lot like alkali. If it clings tightly to the soil, that's what it is!!"

"Remove some top soil/treat with baking soda - Sodium Bicarbonate, to clear the mold growth. I dont think the mould is harmfull to your plants roots."

I found this ^ on the net and also heard of diluted white vinegar being used.

Not sure about any benifits ,e.g microbes? ...interesting question though!

crazy horse;1216870 "Remove some top soil/treat with baking soda - Sodium Bicarbonate said:
I had it happen to me one time, and that was with the procyon. I thought it was due to the moisture content in the soil as that LED didn't throw much heat into the canopy. My soil stayed wetter for much longer. I added a fan that blew over the tops of the containers and don't remember it happening again. I don't remember which guano tea I was using at the time... I would scratch some off the top and replace it with some fresh soil, maybe redirect a fan and see what happens...

A few things-

Don't use baking soda in an organic grow!!! It will kill all the organic life in your soil... What is your soil PH?

If you bubble your tap water, it only needs to bubble for 3-6 hours ( I bubble for 12 hours before nutes are added. If you just let it sit out it takes 24 hours or so.

Try to use your tea between 24-48 hours after making.. After 48 hours my teas go to the houseplants or yard.

On a side note-
I also have not PH'd my water for six weeks now, have watered the plants with the PH between 4.3 and 7.2 I keep my soil as close to 6.5 as possible. I have not seen any ill affects so far....

Loving your grows Irish.... Your journals kick ass, your attention to detail kicks ass and your results kick ass.... Keep it up....
:peace:

hey bro, i just wanted to let u know about the yellow ball i had on my buds(top colas only).
it is just abay calyx growth some reason it was pretty yellow then started formin the calyx and turnin green at the tip and i noticed a small hairs comin out. could be just the strain or the lights gave it this affect, made it look more yellow than it really is. when i took her out to flush i had another good look and isnt really that yellow when out of light. i did mess with one top cola and damaged the top a lil but seems to be growing outward now, lol :) the only one that is getting more fat than spear like.
so just wanted to let u know what happened with me, so if ever run into this problem ur good. just keep an eye on it.

"Are you sure it is mold? It sounds a lot like alkali. If it clings tightly to the soil, that's what it is!!"

"Remove some top soil/treat with baking soda - Sodium Bicarbonate, to clear the mold growth. I dont think the mould is harmfull to your plants roots."

I found this ^ on the net and also heard of diluted white vinegar being used.

Not sure about any benifits ,e.g microbes? ...interesting question though!
i found out it harmless, just from a potent tea full of microbes, i was told to cut the tea in 1/2. Baking soda is a no no in a organic grow. things will kill off micro life real easy and throw off ur whole medium..
I had it happen to me one time, and that was with the procyon. I thought it was due to the moisture content in the soil as that LED didn't throw much heat into the canopy. My soil stayed wetter for much longer. I added a fan that blew over the tops of the containers and don't remember it happening again. I don't remember which guano tea I was using at the time... I would scratch some off the top and replace it with some fresh soil, maybe redirect a fan and see what happens...

A few things-

Don't use baking soda in an organic grow!!! It will kill all the organic life in your soil... What is your soil PH?

If you bubble your tap water, it only needs to bubble for 3-6 hours ( I bubble for 12 hours before nutes are added. If you just let it sit out it takes 24 hours or so.

Try to use your tea between 24-48 hours after making.. After 48 hours my teas go to the houseplants or yard.

On a side note-
I also have not PH'd my water for six weeks now, have watered the plants with the PH between 4.3 and 7.2 I keep my soil as close to 6.5 as possible. I have not seen any ill affects so far....

Loving your grows Irish.... Your journals kick ass, your attention to detail kicks ass and your results kick ass.... Keep it up....
:peace:
thanks bro.
i was told its from all the micro life in the tea, and i read that on the web also, its a good thing when this happens means ur soil is thriving from what ive read.

I usually bubble my tap water 24-48 hrs. i know its not needed that long but after i empty my res i fill it back up and bubble it until i need it. I have not PH these plants yet, i was told not to and that the PH solution will hurt the micro life.

i am just thinking of added perlite to the top of the soil to stop/slow down the mold growth. if my temps are 70F+ i bubble the tea for 24hrs. if the temps are below 70F i let it bubble for 48hrs.

thanks for the great post brother, and welcome to my new thread.
hey bro, i just wanted to let u know about the yellow ball i had on my buds(top colas only).
it is just abay calyx growth some reason it was pretty yellow then started formin the calyx and turnin green at the tip and i noticed a small hairs comin out. could be just the strain or the lights gave it this affect, made it look more yellow than it really is. when i took her out to flush i had another good look and isnt really that yellow when out of light. i did mess with one top cola and damaged the top a lil but seems to be growing outward now, lol :) the only one that is getting more fat than spear like.
so just wanted to let u know what happened with me, so if ever run into this problem ur good. just keep an eye on it.
good to know. thanks

Cool.

Have you checked the tea to see what it's pH is?

No never checked it, i am going to go this whole grow without messing with the PH trying to act like i dont even own a PH meter.

i did put a few inches of perlite on top to keep the mold in check up top and make it stay down low.

Heres some before & after pics with the Xtreme Tea in 36hrs after feeding. note plants are a even darker green its just the flash on my camera tends to show it up a lighter color. ive never had any of my plants turn such a beautiful color in this short of a time. allot more growth going on also in just 2 days. i cant wait to see what their bloom tea dose?

Before Xtreme Tea.

100_3828.JPG
100_3830.JPG
100_3826.JPG
100_3825.JPG

36hrs after Xtreme Tea
100_38661.JPG
100_3867.JPG
100_3868.JPG
100_3870.JPG

i am just thinking of added perlite to the top of the soil to stop/slow down the mold growth

Might be something you want to let one go natural with the tea mold. So we see the results of that, otherwise you/co. will have to say cover the medium. I might be wrong about this...

Might be something you want to let one go natural with the tea mold. So we see the results of that, otherwise you/co. will have to say cover the medium. I might be wrong about this...

little to late.lol. i already covered it eirler. ive never dealt with organics before but every thing i read says its a good sing of micro life and the company told me the same thing, but i dont like the idea of seeing mold on top of my soil so i covered them with the perlite plus this help for when i put the fans on the girls to slow down my waterings in the soil. if the company thinks the medium should be covered then thats on them, i chose to do this without asking them because i felt it was a smart move. i dont want to take a chance of mold getting to my buds i rather be safe then sorry for sure.lol

But i understand what ur saying. good point

Just thinking to actually see what happens down the line. To prove it wont hurt the plants... Do you think it might happen everytime you give the tea?

I am using the mykos and feeder packs and noticed mold on the top soil the very next day, like little small circle patches of a grayish web like substance. After freaking out, I looked closely at where it was being formed and it was growing right from the cat litter looking pebbles from the mykos, the feeder packs are buried in the soil.

I dont know about you but the plants I have which are half pakistan valley Kush (supposedly 100% inidica from W.O.S.) and half OG heroijuana (hybrid) clones are taking off and have cut my veg time buy over a week. I can not wait to see how these nutes flower.

I havent said this in a while but I am truely amazed buy this product. Just for the record I also mixed in DM red, matermagic and DM organic into my pure canna coco everything seems to be nice and healthy.

Your pics really show a dramatic difference I hope were on to something irish!!

I was thinking if it was good stuff growing that as it dried up it will probably just flake away and be absorbed by the soil/medium. There are all sorts of good stuff that we just dont know enough about. I am stunned by the parasitic growth of stuff/fungi/lichen in our trees up here in the mountains. When I look it up it says it would only be somewhere the air is super clean... okay! :grinjoint:

they're growing fast and looking great Irish!

I'm very curious to see how the JH do height-wise with LST and LED, because it's a lanky strain.

looks like another e-ticket ride, courtesy of Irish ;)
i am wondering the same thing, i plane on doing some LST tomorrow.
Just thinking to actually see what happens down the line. To prove it wont hurt the plants... Do you think it might happen everytime you give the tea?
i dont want to prove it and take a chance, thats more for the company to prove not a user, i have no desire to chance having to put in all that time and work and have to throw away my harvest because of mold. i spent allot of time reading on the web and everything says it wont harm my plants as long as its white fungi, its the other color molds that are bad or the stinky ones., but why chance it and maybe losing my harvest? the perlite also helps to keep the roots growing up. roots will look for the good amount of food up top and grow their, when light and air hits them its all bad, so perlite and hydrton are good ways to help the roots grow up.

I understand what ur saying 100% but i feel its not my need to prove that it wont harm my plants, its the company's job to do that, not someone trying out their products. the last thing i would want to do is toss a pound or more from trying to prove it wont hurt them.lol. maybe if i was a owner or getting paid by the company i would, but a free sample pack isn't worth that risk of losing my meds!

I am using the mykos and feeder packs and noticed mold on the top soil the very next day, like little small circle patches of a grayish web like substance. After freaking out, I looked closely at where it was being formed and it was growing right from the cat litter looking pebbles from the mykos, the feeder packs are buried in the soil.

I dont know about you but the plants I have which are half pakistan valley Kush (supposedly 100% inidica from W.O.S.) and half OG heroijuana (hybrid) clones are taking off and have cut my veg time buy over a week. I can not wait to see how these nutes flower.

I havent said this in a while but I am truely amazed buy this product. Just for the record I also mixed in DM red, matermagic and DM organic into my pure canna coco everything seems to be nice and healthy.

Your pics really show a dramatic difference I hope were on to something irish!!

sounds like a good combo, so far i am impressed with what i see also. only time will tell once i hit flowering. i just want to see how organic meds smoke?

Youre right it is up to the company to make sure the product is safe to use.

Maybe I should put a layer of perlite on Sassy with all those gnats I vacuumed the top layer of soil off of her. Loose soil and unfortuneately gross larva.....eckkk Wonder what they thought when they saw that monster coming at them!! Will do that first thing in the morning.. at lights on! Well, I might have coffee first.......

just to recap

casey jones was the original thread --- this grow has 50/50 sunland natural and sunland coco medium. using FERTILIZER'S: Dynamite Red Bottle fertilizer, Dynamite Mater Magic, Bio-Tone Starter Plus. Green Fuse Bloom.

the imbedded thread --- jack herer is the new grow. this one you are using ONLY the mykos products?

can you break down which are getting teas which are getting organic TRFs ? do all four have the same medium % ?

Youre right it is up to the company to make sure the product is safe to use.

Maybe I should put a layer of perlite on Sassy with all those gnats I vacuumed the top layer of soil off of her. Loose soil and unfortuneately gross larva.....eckkk Wonder what they thought when they saw that monster coming at them!! Will do that first thing in the morning.. at lights on! Well, I might have coffee first.......
i think ive read that sand was best to use in ur case? i would goggle that before you put perlite.
just to recap

casey jones was the original thread --- this grow has 50/50 sunland natural and sunland coco medium. using FERTILIZER'S: Dynamite Red Bottle fertilizer, Dynamite Mater Magic, Bio-Tone Starter Plus. Green Fuse Bloom.

the imbedded thread --- jack herer is the new grow. this one you are using ONLY the mykos products?

can you break down which are getting teas which are getting organic TRFs ? do all four have the same medium % ?

all four of the jack heres have all the same stuff in them. Mykos is just a product. the company's name is Xtreme Gardening. all plants have equal amounts of things. medium is sunshine#4, Mykos30 mixed into the top 6", and regular mykos about 2 shot glasses added to the transplant hole, then azos added to the base of the plant once a week threw veg and feed with their tea once a week. no PH'ing the water or anything.

Ive e-mailed a few MOD's with all the info about this grow and to add the 720w grow to my title but no luck so far, not to sure whats going on? but they have all the up to date info to add to the title and the 1st post where the info is on the 180w grow. hopefully they will get this tooken care of soon so you guys wont be confuised

Great job, irishboy! Extreme gardening is sending me some samples this week, going to have at my first try at cloning when they get here!

Back
Top Bottom