480W & 720W LED Grow - Land of Clovers

re: 480W & 720W Grow LED Hydro - Land Of Clovers

I was thinking the same thing Irish, but they seem awfully new to be locked out...
I would check the PH of the soil to rule out a lock out...

i haven't been able to check that because i haven't watered enough to get run off. i know SS#4 run on the acid side because its a peat medium. i think they wanted some food and the watering with just seaweed wasnt enough for their size? and the PH of 7.5 wasnt good either.

gave them some AgeOld grow, some humic acid and some cal/mag with a little bit of seaweed, just a few drops to lower the PH. they should have everything their to be happy i would think. should take a few days for them to kick in i think? i am real new to organics and am use to using chems that are taken in right away. think maybe they are just hungry for some N? the humic acid should help allot and chelate things and get that micro life working allot faster.

i try my hardest to not PH my organics because i dont want to hurt the micro life, if my PH is in range they should adjust it for me. but i think they havent fully built up yet since its been only a week today. once micro life builds up they should adjust the soil PH to good right?

did ur yellowing start out like this at all. i dont have new lights tho, but im getting this only on my white rhino.

my_grow_606.jpg

You gotta check that soil and see whats going on in there.. You should try to keep it as close to 6.5 as you can.... Then it won't matter what the feed PH is.. SS#4 drops crazy quick...... I have been splitting my SS 50/50 with Roots organics soil ( still my favorite out of a bag soil).. Patience is key... :)

did ur yellowing start out like this at all. i dont have new lights tho, but im getting this only on my white rhino.
no its was more like a tiger strip thing
You gotta check that soil and see whats going on in there.. You should try to keep it as close to 6.5 as you can.... Then it won't matter what the feed PH is.. SS#4 drops crazy quick...... I have been splitting my SS 50/50 with Roots organics soil ( still my favorite out of a bag soil).. Patience is key... :)
i need to get some run off but i dont want to drown my girls since their still young. i would hate to over water them and realy stop food from getting to them. next feeding i will try to get some run off and see whats up? i dont have a soil PH tester just a digi one.

i never knew you use SS? ive been wanting to try RO soil real bad but wasnt sure how it drains out the bag with no added perlite? dose it get real hard also on top from compaction or dose the coco and perlite help with that? i know it has to help the SS and balance out the PH? you using the regular RO or the 707? ive been dying to here info on the RO and others thoughts before i pulled the trigger. i like how it has food in it and i dont have to worry about feeding for a few weeks.
I love how IB's threads end up being all out sharing and diagnostic free for alls :)
thats how i like it, i dont care what any one talks about or post as long as its respectful to others it all good in the hood :blunt:

A friend gave me a bail when I was in a pinch..... So I have been playing with it for the last few months.. Just finished it up.. It took a little bit adjusting to but It seems like good stuff.... When I first started with it I didn't add anything to it so I could see how it acted. I was having issues within two weeks.... Lime took care of that.... Whenever she is ready for her watering, check the soil at the least, to rule that out...

The Roots 707 is actually for outdoor plants. It is made to hold water longer and be planted in that big ass bag...I was thinking of using it for an outdoor or greenhouse. I use the green camo bag soil.

the other weird thing is its not all of my plants doing it, 1 plants is not looking too good and has allot yellowing on top. heres some pics of each plant.
100_4340.JPG
100_4341.JPG
100_4342.JPG
100_4343.JPG
100_4345.JPG
100_4344.JPG

yea urs looks like more of a nute def then the problem i am having... yes all my feeds are PH'd no matter if it has nute or not always ph my water... since SS#4 is a soiless medium i am running my ph between 5.5 and 5.8..feeding with GH floranova grow and cal mag and silica

A friend gave me a bail when I was in a pinch..... So I have been playing with it for the last few months.. Just finished it up.. It took a little bit adjusting to but It seems like good stuff.... When I first started with it I didn't add anything to it so I could see how it acted. I was having issues within two weeks.... Lime took care of that.... Whenever she is ready for her watering, check the soil at the least, to rule that out...

The Roots 707 is actually for outdoor plants. It is made to hold water longer and be planted in that big ass bag...I was thinking of using it for an outdoor or greenhouse. I use the green camo bag soil.
SS#4 is very good stuff, ive used it for many years. my best grows were in it. lime is always good to add. but i am always open for trying new stuff and would love to see how roots compares? i dont like FFOF used it once and thought the quality wasn't up to my par. the 707 is a outdoor soil but ive heard of allot of growers adding allot of perlite and using it indoors since it has less food. but i jock the roots you have because it has everything already in it that you would want to add. so it saves me money in veg. i just never knew how the drainage was or if it compacted allot?
yea urs looks like more of a nute def then the problem i am having... yes all my feeds are PH'd no matter if it has nute or not always ph my water... since SS#4 is a soiless medium i am running my ph between 5.5 and 5.8..feeding with GH floranova grow and cal mag and silica
i think you problem is that ur putting ur PH too low for SS#4. even though its soiless the beat will drop that PH way low so that 5.5-5.8 could go to 4.5-4.8. i tried the whole 5.8 thing and my plants hated it. if i cut with 50% perlite the 6.0 works good but els wise 6.5 works good for me. check ur run off and see where its coming off at? i truly think that could be the issue. but its still weird that the other strains arnt effected? some strains do like different PH's or effected by PH more then others.

are you using tap water? or filtered.

flora nova can also flex its PH big time over night, ive tested it a few times. also mix the Silica 1st, the silica can lock out stuff if added last, if the nute solution goes a milky or cloudy color you have a nute reaction that means their not mixing good. maybe leave the silica out for a little bit and see if that helps or just use it as a folair spray. the silica could be the reason! do you mix it 1st? dose things go cloudy in the water? witch might be hard to see since FN is dark. skip the nova. also you should need cal/mag with FN unless you use filtered water then a little might help.

There has been discussions on it being soiless and running it like a soiless, but I don't remember how they turned out. I know a few people that use it and run it in the mid 6's. I ran into problems when my soil dropped into the low 6's and solved it when I brought it back up... Mine was locking out mag though and looked nothing like yours..

I ran into problems when my soil dropped into the low 6's and solved it when I brought it back up... Mine was locking out mag though and looked nothing like yours..

please tell me you know how much D lime to add per gal? i could never find a for sure answer. 1TBS per gal? can i also top dress it? i am trying to get this organic growing down and not get down. i have very high success with chems nutes and SS#4. but organics is a whole new ball park. allot slower getting to the plant.

SS#4 is very good stuff, ive used it for many years. my best grows were in it. lime is always good to add. but i am always open for trying new stuff and would love to see how roots compares? i dont like FFOF used it once and thought the quality wasn't up to my par. the 707 is a outdoor soil but ive heard of allot of growers adding allot of perlite and using it indoors since it has less food. but i jock the roots you have because it has everything already in it that you would want to add. so it saves me money in veg. i just never knew how the drainage was or if it compacted allot?

i think you problem is that ur putting ur PH too low for SS#4. even though its soiless the beat will drop that PH way low so that 5.5-5.8 could go to 4.5-4.8. i tried the whole 5.8 thing and my plants hated it. if i cut with 50% perlite the 6.0 works good but els wise 6.5 works good for me. check ur run off and see where its coming off at? i truly think that could be the issue. but its still weird that the other strains arnt effected? some strains do like different PH's or effected by PH more then others.

are you using tap water? or filtered.

flora nova can also flex its PH big time over night, ive tested it a few times. also mix the Silica 1st, the silica can lock out stuff if added last, if the nute solution goes a milky or cloudy color you have a nute reaction that means their not mixing good. maybe leave the silica out for a little bit and see if that helps or just use it as a folair spray. the silica could be the reason! do you mix it 1st? dose things go cloudy in the water? witch might be hard to see since FN is dark. skip the nova. also you should need cal/mag with FN unless you use filtered water then a little might help.

reverse water... silica doest turn milky.. tho i have seen it before... so now should i flush with epsom salt or just 6.5 PH water?

i dont like FFOF used it once and thought the quality wasn't up to my par.

Really? I think ocean forest makes a wonderful base soil and its one of the best to buy (pretty cheap usually) with good nutes and micro life. Right now I'm doing a quick grow of several strains in 3 part OF and 1 part perlite in .8 and 2 gallon airpots. The soil has lasted the plants quite awhile between transplants.

I think if you are going organic you should go with organic soil as a medium and that OF is a pretty darn good start thats easy to work with. What problems did it give you though (in case its something i need to watch out for)?

lol yeah were in the same boat.. well i think i might have figured out my problem... this shits been driving me crazy for the past couple days so before i flushed them i dug em up to see if there was any root structure and totally forgot that when i planted them and kinda caked the plugs in ZHO and when i dug them up i relized the ZHO didnt disolve and was still caked on the plugs causing the roots not to be able to grow... there was barley any root mass to these plants so i washed all the caked on ZHO off the plugs and re planted them then flushed with 6.5 water.. but i honestly think that was my problem... the ones that look healthy didnt get caked with ZHO only a little ... so i guess i will see hopefully they will show by tomorrow..thanks for helping a brother out

I agree FFOF is some of the best soil available.IMO.Not sure how it fairs indoors or with a more tech.Nute regime but all you need to do is just add water.Its a pretty hot soil we normally mix half and half with scotts for out door.We dig holes in the ground then build steel nets around to keep rodents out then fill the hole with the 50 50 mix.No nutes just water and a weekly tea feeding or what not but normally not much as far as added nutes like indoor with a lot of pearlight.Last year we did use humboldts line but that was a rip off.Good nutes just freeking way expensive and did not cover the scale of things.:Namaste:

Really? I think ocean forest makes a wonderful base soil and its one of the best to buy (pretty cheap usually) with good nutes and micro life. Right now I'm doing a quick grow of several strains in 3 part OF and 1 part perlite in .8 and 2 gallon airpots. The soil has lasted the plants quite awhile between transplants.

I think if you are going organic you should go with organic soil as a medium and that OF is a pretty darn good start thats easy to work with. What problems did it give you though (in case its something i need to watch out for)?
it use to be good but quality is crap now IMO. tons of twigs and sticks, PH isnt as stable like it use to be. some time the food is too hot and will burn the plants, just not contestant like it use to be. i think roots is allot better from what ive been told. IDK whats not organic about SS#4? i like to control my medium and know whats going into it.
lol yeah were in the same boat.. well i think i might have figured out my problem... this shits been driving me crazy for the past couple days so before i flushed them i dug em up to see if there was any root structure and totally forgot that when i planted them and kinda caked the plugs in ZHO and when i dug them up i relized the ZHO didnt disolve and was still caked on the plugs causing the roots not to be able to grow... there was barley any root mass to these plants so i washed all the caked on ZHO off the plugs and re planted them then flushed with 6.5 water.. but i honestly think that was my problem... the ones that look healthy didnt get caked with ZHO only a little ... so i guess i will see hopefully they will show by tomorrow..thanks for helping a brother out

have no clue what ZHO is? guessing rooting stuff? keep us posted on how ur girls are going and i will do the same. will figure things out with ur girls bro.

it use to be good but quality is crap now IMO. tons of twigs and sticks, PH isnt as stable like it use to be. some time the food is too hot and will burn the plants, just not contestant like it use to be. i think roots is allot better from what ive been told. IDK whats not organic about SS#4? i like to control my medium and know whats going into it.

have no clue what ZHO is? guessing rooting stuff? keep us posted on how ur girls are going and i will do the same. will figure things out with ur girls bro.

yup you got it .. its botanicare ZHO rhizosphere root inoculant... gives you strong healthy roots and increases nute uptake.. but like i said they were caked to the point it was blocking new roots from growing out of the plug into the SS#4.. so basically the plants havent been eating shit or if they have they were living eating off of like one tor two tiny roots cause keep in mind these arent even a week old prob like 5 days... so i think that makes sense to me the root inoculant was so caked on it was cause them not to eat or grow and cause lock out or just plain old starving them..... will def keep you posted with pictures and all the good stuff..

yup you got it .. its botanicare ZHO rhizosphere root inoculant... gives you strong healthy roots and increases nute uptake.. but like i said they were caked to the point it was blocking new roots from growing out of the plug into the SS#4.. so basically the plants havent been eating shit or if they have they were living eating off of like one tor two tiny roots cause keep in mind these arent even a week old prob like 5 days... so i think that makes sense to me the root inoculant was so caked on it was cause them not to eat or grow and cause lock out or just plain old starving them..... will def keep you posted with pictures and all the good stuff..

ok ive seen it. i thought it was something ive seen before.
it could have been that ZHO stuff causing root trouble.

do you have any kind or yellowing on yours with the new 2011 model? can you post a pic or give some detail on how ur plants look? how long u been using the new light?

Ya, I do have some, but only on the tips. Looks more like nute burn. The lights are very deceveing, if I take a leaf off that looks burnt, and get it out into normal lights, you can barely see any burns at all.
I wish I could post a pic. I guess I need 50 posts first. I do have a current diary at thc talk, where I met you. I wish I would have known about this site, as you know, they arent LED friendly. AT ALL! I spend more time over there arguing, and defending the LEDs, than I do writing in my diary. Try and get help when your hated.
As far as my overall health, they seem to be doing better than my buddys that are under 3x600 hps and 2x400 mh. The main difference is in the amount of vegatation. I am very impressed, but ive never grown before. My buddy has been at it for 35yrs, and he too is shocked how nice my plants look.The guy at are local hydro shop says, you wont be able to find an hps or mh in ten years.
I started with 1 240 in the begining of my veg cycle. I thought I would veg for 4 weeks, but only made it 3. I got scared, they were growing like crazy! I went to 12/12, and added the 2nd 240, also at this point I did a major trim job. Looking back, I think next time I will do that gradually, rather than all at once. After switching to 12/12, it took 3 weeks start flowering. I may have shocked them good? Anyway now I am on day 14 of flower, and they are back to there vigorous way of growing again, and Ive got buds everywhere. Maybe Its just the strain (BLZ), that takes a little longer to start flowering?
Speaking of the strain. My buddy started his 6 weeks before I did, so he has some about 80% curred, and it is the strongest Ive smoked, in 30yrs of smoking.:tokin:

Back
Top Bottom