480W & 720W LED Grow - Land of Clovers

re: 480W & 720W Grow LED Hydro - Land Of Clovers

Hey irish! things looking good, really good, like always;)

love the looks and new tech of the 2011 units, but do you know if they are better built inside than other similar looking units? like having the heat sink, fans and so on glued with silicone and other cheap crap.

Can someone with a 2011 unit take some photos of the inside, or would that be voiding the warranty?
if so maybe Mike can do it for us?

Will keep watching, like i been doing since the jumbo ufo and hgl show off :)

Irish,
1 TBL of lime/gal of water seems to be the standard.... Dolomite lime is very easy and safe. It would be tough to do any damage with it unless you really tried to... I like mixing and scratching it in to the soil because it is a slower process of breaking down. If I am seeing problems I will let the lime bubble in water overnite and then water in to the soil. It's quicker then scratching it in.... After you work with it a few times, it starts to become predictable and you will be able to dial it in and hit the target PH easily...
I am not even going to get involved in the FF debate, been awhile since I have used it. I haven't had compaction problems with the roots, and will not add perilite unless I am trying to stretch the soil out..... You will work out this little kinks and be off and running in no time....

Ya, I do have some, but only on the tips. Looks more like nute burn. The lights are very deceveing, if I take a leaf off that looks burnt, and get it out into normal lights, you can barely see any burns at all.
I wish I could post a pic. I guess I need 50 posts first. I do have a current diary at thc talk, where I met you. I wish I would have known about this site, as you know, they arent LED friendly. AT ALL! I spend more time over there arguing, and defending the LEDs, than I do writing in my diary. Try and get help when your hated.
As far as my overall health, they seem to be doing better than my buddys that are under 3x600 hps and 2x400 mh. The main difference is in the amount of vegatation. I am very impressed, but ive never grown before. My buddy has been at it for 35yrs, and he too is shocked how nice my plants look.The guy at are local hydro shop says, you wont be able to find an hps or mh in ten years.
I started with 1 240 in the begining of my veg cycle. I thought I would veg for 4 weeks, but only made it 3. I got scared, they were growing like crazy! I went to 12/12, and added the 2nd 240, also at this point I did a major trim job. Looking back, I think next time I will do that gradually, rather than all at once. After switching to 12/12, it took 3 weeks start flowering. I may have shocked them good? Anyway now I am on day 14 of flower, and they are back to there vigorous way of growing again, and Ive got buds everywhere. Maybe Its just the strain (BLZ), that takes a little longer to start flowering?
Speaking of the strain. My buddy started his 6 weeks before I did, so he has some about 80% curred, and it is the strongest Ive smoked, in 30yrs of smoking.:tokin:
ya i here you about the leds haters and not getting any help. you will be allot happier here brother. lots are led friendly and if their not they dont talk trash just go teir own way. its real nice.. the vegging with leds is always great when you have things dialed in. vegging is great with my new girls besides the yellowing. but i here you these lights make things look much worse then they are,lol.. i took my yellow girl out yesterday and looked at her and it wasnt that bad that it looked under these lights. look at it as a good thing it will highlite any problems real fast.lol.. some strains take longer to flower then others no big deal. my Jacks on the old model lights took around that long while my CJ took 7 days. i did know you couldn't post pics unless you have so many post? i think thats only PM's? if you can or when you can ur more then welcome to post any pics or any questions or anything on my journal.
Hey irish! things looking good, really good, like always;)

love the looks and new tech of the 2011 units, but do you know if they are better built inside than other similar looking units? like having the heat sink, fans and so on glued with silicone and other cheap crap.

Can someone with a 2011 unit take some photos of the inside, or would that be voiding the warranty?
if so maybe Mike can do it for us?

Will keep watching, like i been doing since the jumbo ufo and hgl show off :)
what up buddy long time no see.
from what ive been told the inside quality is allot better, but ive never seen the insides of either one. i know the out side is better quality, but i wouldnt suggest any members to take them apart unless needed. i would let mike do that.lol
Irish,
1 TBL of lime/gal of water seems to be the standard.... Dolomite lime is very easy and safe. It would be tough to do any damage with it unless you really tried to... I like mixing and scratching it in to the soil because it is a slower process of breaking down. If I am seeing problems I will let the lime bubble in water overnite and then water in to the soil. It's quicker then scratching it in.... After you work with it a few times, it starts to become predictable and you will be able to dial it in and hit the target PH easily...
I am not even going to get involved in the FF debate, been awhile since I have used it. I haven't had compaction problems with the roots, and will not add perilite unless I am trying to stretch the soil out..... You will work out this little kinks and be off and running in no time....

cool thanks brother! never knew you could feed it mixed into water? isnt that more for a Cal thing? wouldnt you have to apply it every feeding if not scratching it in the soil but watering it? or do you do both but feed is just to kick things off faster until the soil ones kick in? so my 5gal pot would use 5 TBS? i need to pick some up because i know SS#4

Thanks for your support IB. I went to advanced mode for this post, and I dont see anything that says add pics, or browse. Am I missing something? Your right about the PMs, I got that message when I tried to PM you. Maybe you cant post pics on some one elses diary? Anyway I am finding this site to be more friendly to me. I will definatley do my next diary here. I think Ive decided on "Berry White Elephant" 37.5% thc w/1500g per plant yeild. $500 for 10 beans. Have you or anyone else ever grown or smoked any?

I will definatley do my next diary here. I think Ive decided on "Berry White Elephant" 37.5% thc w/1500g per plant yeild. $500 for 10 beans. Have you or anyone else ever grown or smoked any?

Just sayin', I'd not drop $500 on beans that are purported to have a 37.5% THC content. I'd demand lab evidence of that claim before parting with my coin.

Caveat Emptor.

Irish, Mixing the lime in the water allows the lime to bind to the water molecules and some how makes the lime breakdown faster and it spreads it nice and evenly... I see plant recovery faster by watering it in... The scratch is for maintenance..... I try to keep a close eye on my soil, that is the first thing I check if I sense something I don't like.. Everything that goes into the soil wet gets bubbled....

hey irish just thought id let ya know my problem wasnt with the lights or anything i was doing ... just shitty clones man that werent really rooted that i got...

it use to be good but quality is crap now IMO. tons of twigs and sticks, PH isnt as stable like it use to be. some time the food is too hot and will burn the plants, just not contestant like it use to be. i think roots is allot better from what ive been told. IDK whats not organic about SS#4? i like to control my medium and know whats going into it.

have no clue what ZHO is? guessing rooting stuff? keep us posted on how ur girls are going and i will do the same. will figure things out with ur girls bro.

FFOF in my opinion is for the birds anymore. The last three bags I bought were full of fungus gnats which where a pain in the arse to get rid of. I had major issues with those girls. I have since made my own mix from home d and for the same money of one bag of ffof I can make a killer batch of organic soil with all the microlife and micro nutes that would equal three times what you get in an ffof bag.

Ya, I do have some, but only on the tips. Looks more like nute burn. The lights are very deceveing, if I take a leaf off that looks burnt, and get it out into normal lights, you can barely see any burns at all.
I wish I could post a pic. I guess I need 50 posts first. I do have a current diary at thc talk, where I met you. I wish I would have known about this site, as you know, they arent LED friendly. AT ALL! I spend more time over there arguing, and defending the LEDs, than I do writing in my diary. Try and get help when your hated.
As far as my overall health, they seem to be doing better than my buddys that are under 3x600 hps and 2x400 mh. The main difference is in the amount of vegatation. I am very impressed, but ive never grown before. My buddy has been at it for 35yrs, and he too is shocked how nice my plants look.The guy at are local hydro shop says, you wont be able to find an hps or mh in ten years.
I started with 1 240 in the begining of my veg cycle. I thought I would veg for 4 weeks, but only made it 3. I got scared, they were growing like crazy! I went to 12/12, and added the 2nd 240, also at this point I did a major trim job. Looking back, I think next time I will do that gradually, rather than all at once. After switching to 12/12, it took 3 weeks start flowering. I may have shocked them good? Anyway now I am on day 14 of flower, and they are back to there vigorous way of growing again, and Ive got buds everywhere. Maybe Its just the strain (BLZ), that takes a little longer to start flowering?
Speaking of the strain. My buddy started his 6 weeks before I did, so he has some about 80% curred, and it is the strongest Ive smoked, in 30yrs of smoking.:tokin:

Yup, BLZ. Got and love it. Just harvested a couple of those ladies. It will knock your socks off.

Just sayin', I'd not drop $500 on beans that are purported to have a 37.5% THC content. I'd demand lab evidence of that claim before parting with my coin.

Caveat Emptor.

Most people Ive talked to about this strain, are more shocked about the 3 1/2 pounds in 50 days, than the 37.5 thc. This company has some seeds are 50% thc. "Indie 50" and "Infinate Bliss" is 49%. The Indie is around $500 and the Bliss is $975 with a 2000g per plant, and a 54 day harvest.

Most people Ive talked to about this strain, are more shocked about the 3 1/2 pounds in 50 days, than the 37.5 thc. This company has some seeds are 50% thc. "Indie 50" and "Infinate Bliss" is 49%. The Indie is around $500 and the Bliss is $975 with a 2000g per plant, and a 54 day harvest.
I hope you get those seeds. I can't afford them nor would I spend that much if I could but if what they claim is true it sure would be fun to watch that journal. I'll get my tickets for that show now. I sure am skeptical about those yields and thc levels though. I was always taught that if its to good to be true then it probably is. If I was you I would stick to something else.

I hope you get those seeds. I can't afford them nor would I spend that much if I could but if what they claim is true it sure would be fun to watch that journal. I'll get my tickets for that show now. I sure am skeptical about those yields and thc levels though. I was always taught that if its to good to be true then it probably is. If I was you I would stick to something else.

I agree, its real hard to beleive. They have one thats even harder to beleive called "Oracle" I think it said 46% thc, 3 1/2 pounds, and a 33 to 37 day flower period. $800.....I think Ill stick with $500 for now.
Definately will be doing the diary here. Stay Tuned!:roorrip:

Thanks for your support IB. I went to advanced mode for this post, and I dont see anything that says add pics, or browse. Am I missing something? Your right about the PMs, I got that message when I tried to PM you. Maybe you cant post pics on some one elses diary? Anyway I am finding this site to be more friendly to me. I will definatley do my next diary here. I think Ive decided on "Berry White Elephant" 37.5% thc w/1500g per plant yeild. $500 for 10 beans. Have you or anyone else ever grown or smoked any?
PM a Mod and they can show you. you have to load a pic 1st in ur gallery, under the gallery setting up top on the screen next to the fourm button.

i would be careful with that kind of money and those seeds and those claims. ive never heard of them but i wouldnt trust it in IMO. seems like they would be well known and destroying the Cannabis cups.

Caveat Emptor.
damn straight
Irish, Mixing the lime in the water allows the lime to bind to the water molecules and some how makes the lime breakdown faster and it spreads it nice and evenly... I see plant recovery faster by watering it in... The scratch is for maintenance..... I try to keep a close eye on my soil, that is the first thing I check if I sense something I don't like.. Everything that goes into the soil wet gets bubbled....
thanks brother. good info to know.
hey irish just thought id let ya know my problem wasnt with the lights or anything i was doing ... just shitty clones man that werent really rooted that i got...
how did you find this out?
FFOF in my opinion is for the birds anymore. The last three bags I bought were full of fungus gnats which where a pain in the arse to get rid of. I had major issues with those girls. I have since made my own mix from home d and for the same money of one bag of ffof I can make a killer batch of organic soil with all the microlife and micro nutes that would equal three times what you get in an ffof bag.
making ur own soil is where its at bro, and you know the quality of it.
Long time lurker, Irish, impressive grows as always pleasure to follow your grows and try to learn a thing or two

Hemivette... stay away from those seeds

When i first got my med card i grew a bunch of stuff from BCSEEDS, the company who produced the seeds you want to buy

I grew Jedi 41%, Euphoria Rapido Fantasico, Jedi Death Star, Oracle

So yeah, i dropped like 2k on seeds, sure i made my money back and then some... but since that i have tried many other quality seed banks... reserva privada and world of seeds. And these all blow away anything i have grow from BCSEEDS... so for real stay away... I have a tons of seeds from all those strains that i bred just so i have them forever and i still choose to grow other things... Oh well
If you have any questions, PM me and i'll be sure to help anyone with questions

welcome brother. and my hats off to you my friend. everyone give this guy some rep points he made his 1st post to help someone out on spending allot of money on seeds. thats very cool of u bro.

DON'T THROW AWAY YOUR $$$
$500 will buy You the best of the best from a reputable seed bank

Are any such crazy strains legit?

how did you find this out?

well i cut a bunch of suppper dupper healthy and crazy rooted clones today from a friend not a club..and wen i went to trans plant the ones i thought were messed up.. i riped open a couple of the plug and the clone had no roots bro like none...and the bad thing is this club i got them from these were a replacement for another order that were messed up.. so they gave me free non rooted clones to make up for another mess up.. pretty shity huh.. check it out these are the new ones!

DSCF9302.JPG

DSCF9306.JPG

well i cut a bunch of suppper dupper healthy and crazy rooted clones today from a friend not a club..and wen i went to trans plant the ones i thought were messed up.. i riped open a couple of the plug and the clone had no roots bro like none...and the bad thing is this club i got them from these were a replacement for another order that were messed up.. so they gave me free non rooted clones to make up for another mess up.. pretty shity huh.. check it out these are the new ones!

DSCF9302.JPG

DSCF9306.JPG

thats real shitty bro. no wonder why they were starved because they couldn't feed and handle thing because lack of roots. i am going to give mine some of that XG tea and see if she greens up?

i talked to XG today and they found out what happen to my jacks. they said that my soil was too much alive from all the teas and micro life and they eat all the foods and caused a def problem. they are working and fixing this and having it dialed in before they put the tea out on the market. it dose suck this had to happen to me and learn the hard way but i do show respect for them testing things out before their released into the public. i know this stuff kicks ass in veg, my buddy had some clones that he was going to pull because they were all def looking and not growing, i gave him on of the extra tea bags i had left and he fed it and they plants came back to health and are growing great. mykos and azos he bought and i thing of tea i gave him is what he used. No doubt i would give the veg on my Jacks a 10/10 they were the best looking plants i have ever seen. i just think in mid bloom they need a little help on extra organic food. or maybe just feed the tea once every 2-3 weeks and not every week like they had me do. dosent really seem like the plants keep needing micro life added if we are not killing them off, they should just spread on their own and we shouldn't have to keep adding them every week. or maybe the teas can be delutied more instead of a quart feed to each plant from a gal of tea. maybe diluted enough to feed 5 or 6 plants? IDK but i am sure they will figure things out?

i feed one of my Jacks with Age Old bloom and some Humic acid and she seems to be doing allot better, so i will feed them all of it now and cut out the teas since they have a few weeks left..

Back
Top Bottom