480W & 720W LED Grow - Land of Clovers

re: 480W & 720W Grow LED Hydro - Land Of Clovers

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I was busy setting stuff up, then had to go to work :nomo:

My impressions? You guys were right, these are freaking BLINDING. My auto-tint glasses get dark, so there must be UV in the spectrum? My tent is in the cold ass basement (about 60°F) so after having the pair on from around noon yesterday until now, the temp hit 83°F, which according to some LED growers is a desired temperature (or in the range).

The babies seem to enjoy the light, and I am playing it safe and have them about 30" or so above the seedlings. Time will tell, but I'm guessing that these will end up being well worth the wait.

:wood:

600W_Coco:Hempy_-_089.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_090.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_099.jpg
600W_Coco:Hempy_-_102.jpg

very nice bro
Thanks brother, if this grow is any good and its because of the lights, I owe it all to you for being the pioneer and finding the best ones! +rep if I could;)

Thanks Irish. Yes they are the Blackstars. As Ive said before, I knew nothing comming into this project. I read that if I didnt get something w/2w or better LEDS, that would be wasting my money, and these have 3w Crees. (Iwent with the name I recognized, "Cree") Id never heard of GLH, until I got here. We need to figure out how to get Mike some more publicity, I would have bought from him had I known. I am very happy with the perfomance of the lights so far. Everything looks, and smells awesome. PEACE. h

Thanks Irish. Yes they are the Blackstars. As Ive said before, I knew nothing comming into this project. I read that if I didnt get something w/2w or better LEDS, that would be wasting my money, and these have 3w Crees. (Iwent with the name I recognized, "Cree") Id never heard of GLH, until I got here. We need to figure out how to get Mike some more publicity, I would have bought from him had I known. I am very happy with the perfomance of the lights so far. Everything looks, and smells awesome. PEACE. h

ive know allot of people have been asking about those leds but ur the 1st ive seen use them. let me know how they turn out at the end.

so i think i figured out why new new little girls are getting yellow? i think its a Sulfur def. from what ive read is it will make new growth turn yellow starting at the base of the leaf. and it causes some new growth to look deformed and looks like some of mine are with only 3 fingures on the very small new growth. i just can figure out a organic way to add some? but my base nutes Age old dosent say it has any and the SS#4 is a dead medium. i dont think seaweed adds any either. so i have to figure out something?? i feed them with some XG azos and their tea to see if that will help? i wish i would have went with some Roots organic soil or gave them the XG tea from the start. my jacks did have any trouble with their teas and the SS#4 mix.

but i am almost certain thats what it is.
100_4341.JPG

Sulfur (S) Micro Nutrient and an Immobile element

Sulfur plays an important role in root growth, chlorophyll supply and plant proteins. Just like iron, Sulfur moves slowly in the plant, hotter temps will make Sulfur harder to absorb like iron. But unlike iron, Sulfur is distributed evenly throughout the plant, mainly the big fan leaves. Sulphur is also a very important element in vegetative growth.

First signs of a Sulfur deficiency are pale young leaves. The growth of leaves will remain slow, but the leaves can also get brittle and stay narrower than normal. Can also have small mutated leaves, along with the buds on top of flowering plants will die off. The growth if the plant can be stunted as well as yellowing of the younger leaves and new growth. Unlike a magnesium deficiency where it starts from the leaves tip and around, sulfur starts from the back of the leaves on forward to the middle of the leaves. The Stems become Hard, thin and may be woody. Some of the plants may show orange and red tints rather than yellowing. The stems will increase in length but not in diameter. Leaves will then be stiff and brittle like glass and fall off soon. Parts affected by a Sulfur deficiency are: The whole plant can be affected as well as young leaves, leaf veins.

Too much Sulfur will cause your plants to be small along with the size of your leaves, along with your leaves being brown and dead looking at the tips. An excess of sulfur can also look like salt damage, restricted growth and dark color damage.

Problems with Sulfur being locked out by PH troubles

Soil

Sulfur gets locked out of soil growing at ph levels of 2.0-5.5
Sulfur is absorbed best in soil at a ph level of 6.0- 9.5 (Wouldn’t recommend having a soil ph of over 7.0 in soil) Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Sulfur Deficiency.

Hydro and Soil less Mediums
Sulfur gets locked out of Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 2.0-5.5
Sulfur is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 6.0- 9.5 (Wouldn’t recommend having a ph over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to an Sulfur deficiency.

Solution to fixing a Sulfur deficiency
Mix 1-2 teaspoons of Epsom salts per gallon of water until condition improves.
Any Chemical/Organic nutrients that have Sulfur in them will fix a Sulfur deficiency. (Only mixing at ½ strength when using chemical nutrients or it will cause nutrient burn!) Other sulfur nutrient supplements are: Rain water, Ammonium Thiosulfate, which is all fast absorption. Garden Sulfur, Sulfate of Potash, Gypsum.
Note: Caution when using gypsum to an already acid soil (pH that is less than 5.5) can have a very bad effect on different types of plants by affecting the absorption of soil aluminum, which is poison to plant roots.

Now if you added to much chemical nutrients and or organics, (which is hard to burn your plants when using organics) you need to flush the soil with plain water. You need to use 2 times as much water as the size of the pot, for example: If you have a 5 gallon pot and need to flush it, you need to use 10 gallons of water to rinse out the soil good enough to get rid of excessive nutrients.

Pictures 1 shows a sulfur deficiency, notice how at the top part the yellow is starting from the backside of the leaf towards the front.....
1134Sulpur-def-RD1.jpg

1134sulpur2.jpg

potassium Sulfate should help? the Mykos30 has 4% but just probably hasn't kicked in/broke down yet. But i just noticed the GO roots has 1% in it.

Why not spend 10 bucks and get a lifetime supply of Ironite? Home dePot has it....has all kinds of sulfer, calcium, zinc, iron, manganese, molybdenum....it will green those plants up pronto, no mess, no fuss.
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS:Total Nitrogen (N)1%1.0% Urea Nitrogen
Soluble Potash (K2O)1%
Calcium (Ca)12%
Sulfur (S)10%10.0% Combined Sulfur (S)
Boron (B)0.02%
Iron (Fe)4.5%2.25% Water Soluble Iron (Fe)
Manganese (Mn)0.10%0.03%
Water Soluble Manganese (Mn)
Molybdenum (Mo)0.0005%
Zinc (Zn)0.10%0.02% Water Soluble Zinc

Lookin good irish danky sativa would hit the spot right now...:cool:
I am having good progress with my penetrator pro and one easyryder started to flower so I will let you know how the new light works for flower...

I have been keeping the light 14-18 inches away during veg and plan to let it grow within 10 inches for flower.

Also your def. could be Iron, no? I think its the same yellowing I have had before, good ol blackstrap will do the trick

Just stopping in and wanted to thank you for all the info I have snagged from your conversations.:peace:

your answer is in your quote bruh.... my GH FN grow has 2.0 percent sulfer

Solution to fixing a Sulfur deficiency
Mix 1-2 teaspoons of Epsom salts per gallon of water until condition improves.
Any Chemical/Organic nutrients that have Sulfur in them will fix a Sulfur deficiency. (Only mixing at ½ strength when using chemical nutrients or it will cause nutrient burn!) Other sulfur nutrient supplements are: Rain water, Ammonium Thiosulfate, which is all fast absorption. Garden Sulfur, Sulfate of Potash, Gypsum.

hey bud. wondering why u chose age old grow. i was thinkin of getting it aswell, just think my npk is a lil low, im using the age old kelp at mo and plants seem to have taken well. what ur thought on the AO grow. ur yellowing problem , did a bit of research there is a product called greensand and seems like it will help make ur shit green, and its organic. dont think ironite is organic, has low percentage of metals in it. from what ive read alot of people who r organic freaks wont touch this stuff,even for there grass. just borders goverment approval. maybe u got to much phosphorous in ur medium, i dont know, just trying to search info for you. whats ur ph.

Why not spend 10 bucks and get a lifetime supply of Ironite? Home dePot has it....has all kinds of sulfer, calcium, zinc, iron, manganese, molybdenum....it will green those plants up pronto, no mess, no fuss.
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS:Total Nitrogen (N)1%1.0% Urea Nitrogen
Soluble Potash (K2O)1%
Calcium (Ca)12%
Sulfur (S)10%10.0% Combined Sulfur (S)
Boron (B)0.02%
Iron (Fe)4.5%2.25% Water Soluble Iron (Fe)
Manganese (Mn)0.10%0.03%
Water Soluble Manganese (Mn)
Molybdenum (Mo)0.0005%
Zinc (Zn)0.10%0.02% Water Soluble Zinc
i looked at that before but i am tring to stay organic, i have allot of chem nutes that will fix the problem but thats last option.
Lookin good irish danky sativa would hit the spot right now...:cool:
I am having good progress with my penetrator pro and one easyryder started to flower so I will let you know how the new light works for flower...

I have been keeping the light 14-18 inches away during veg and plan to let it grow within 10 inches for flower.

Also your def. could be Iron, no? I think its the same yellowing I have had before, good ol blackstrap will do the trick

Just stopping in and wanted to thank you for all the info I have snagged from your conversations.:peace:
i think its a sulfur one? its hard to say bro shit its hard to tell, dose molasses have sulfur? i was thinking that but dont have a bottle to know what it has. great advise brother.
your answer is in your quote bruh.... my GH FN grow has 2.0 percent sulfer
lol. ya i seen that.
hey bud. wondering why u chose age old grow. i was thinkin of getting it aswell, just think my npk is a lil low, im using the age old kelp at mo and plants seem to have taken well. what ur thought on the AO grow. ur yellowing problem , did a bit of research there is a product called greensand and seems like it will help make ur shit green, and its organic. dont think ironite is organic, has low percentage of metals in it. from what ive read alot of people who r organic freaks wont touch this stuff,even for there grass. just borders goverment approval. maybe u got to much phosphorous in ur medium, i dont know, just trying to search info for you. whats ur ph.

i chose Ageold because my friends grow killer plants with it back in the day and ive never heard one bad thing on the web about it every one talks highly of it. and their a straight up company not trying to make all this fancey overpriced stuff, just have whats the girls need/want.

and ur are right about the ironite ive read allot of people tripping on it also and dont think its a good idea for a organic garden. greensand i never thought of that for sulfur?i will look into it. i know greensand had allot of trace elements. thanks for the help buddy

Hey IrishBoy, newbie here and trying to figure out some lights for a first time grow? Leds or T-5's for a small personal grow? 2 to 3 plants? :thanks:

All the negative things about Age Old I've heard from you Irish! lol When are you going to do an organic grow in living soil?

So I did some more testing with the 395 spectra in my 2.5ft x 2.ft x 6 ft tent. While I was at work the temp in my bedroom (door, window, heating vent all closed) the temp never went over 71 and the digital thermometer hanging in the top part of the tent never went over 86. I also found using my traditional thermometer that below the foliage line the tent is room temp, and then when I let it rest kinda inside a plant (with the base on top of soil) the temps were about 75-77. When I let it hang between the plants and the light it read 80 something. So I think that my filter is doing a decent job of keeping most of the heat above the light.

If my measurements are correct the bottom 1/3rd of the tent is room temp, the middle 1/3rd is 5-7 above room temp, and the top 1/3rd of the tent runs about 14-15 degrees above room temp. Which are all pretty reasonable really, once I get a better exhaust/filter combo it should get even better. I have been doing all these tests with the light 2 feet from the top of the tent and 20 inches above the plants tops so I'm not sure how different the readings would be if the light was more appropriately 12-14 inches above the plants.

Question for everyone: Who makes great fans that are on the quiet side/what do you guys use?

Hey IrishBoy, newbie here and trying to figure out some lights for a first time grow? Leds or T-5's for a small personal grow? 2 to 3 plants? :thanks:
if just vegging T5's will work good, but i wouldnt flower with T5's
All the negative things about Age Old I've heard from you Irish! lol When are you going to do an organic grow in living soil?

So I did some more testing with the 395 spectra in my 2.5ft x 2.ft x 6 ft tent. While I was at work the temp in my bedroom (door, window, heating vent all closed) the temp never went over 71 and the digital thermometer hanging in the top part of the tent never went over 86. I also found using my traditional thermometer that below the foliage line the tent is room temp, and then when I let it rest kinda inside a plant (with the base on top of soil) the temps were about 75-77. When I let it hang between the plants and the light it read 80 something. So I think that my filter is doing a decent job of keeping most of the heat above the light.

If my measurements are correct the bottom 1/3rd of the tent is room temp, the middle 1/3rd is 5-7 above room temp, and the top 1/3rd of the tent runs about 14-15 degrees above room temp. Which are all pretty reasonable really, once I get a better exhaust/filter combo it should get even better. I have been doing all these tests with the light 2 feet from the top of the tent and 20 inches above the plants tops so I'm not sure how different the readings would be if the light was more appropriately 12-14 inches above the plants.

Question for everyone: Who makes great fans that are on the quiet side/what do you guys use?

never heard bad stuff about age old from me.lol. and i dont know what ur talking about my medium is more alive them most out their. this is why i get molds all over from all the micro life.

i know my tent stays the same temp all the way around with my fan. i posted the fan i use a few post back

"but my base nutes Age old dosent say it has any and the SS#4 is a dead medium"

Thats a bad thing about Age Old, and when you said dead medium I figured that either meant soil less or... no microlife? I guess I wasn't really paying enough attention because I have read about you and Mykos so even if it was a dead medium it isn't anymore haha.

potassium Sulfate should help? the Mykos30 has 4% but just probably hasn't kicked in/broke down yet. But i just noticed the GO roots has 1% in it.

Irish, First, I really appreciate you pushing the envelope with these LED's. Like all new things, there is going to be a learning curve, that the haters don't want to go through, so props dude!

It looks like you are getting lock out, most likely from too many competing minerals. During the first few weeks of veg, the plants dont need a whole lot of P or K, just nitrogen, calcium, magnesium, and some micros. I think what's happening is that the macro nutes your plants don't need are locking out the micro nutes, causing the "defficiency". You may very well have enough of the micros, but if the plant can't take them up because of an overabundance of the macros, then you run into problems. Remember, in organics, the living goodness does the work of converting food into nutes your plants can use, so running with too many beneficial bacterias and fungus too early can cause lock out because they are making more food than your babies can handle.

The plants won't need the P and K until around the 3rd week of veg.

That being said, might I suggest flushing your medium clean, and then start adding back nutes at 1/4 the strength you were using, and then slowly working them up. You can also foliar feed with some epsom salt, or cal/mag in the meantime. Your foliar feed solution should be light maybe 200-250ppm.

Hope this helps, and keep up the good work!

well dont think this green sand will cure ur sulfure issue. seems good tho,full of potassium. and supposedly really hard to over water with.

Back
Top Bottom