480W & 720W LED Grow - Land of Clovers

re: 480W & 720W Grow LED Hydro - Land Of Clovers

I got 2 x 395w units. They're going side by side in my 3' x 4 1/2' tent :hookah:

You're really pushing it to the limit with that much power for that space! I probably would have settled for two 240w units. I have however gone with a 395w myself for my 2.5ft x 2.5ft tent.

PS: Does anyone know where I could get Big and Chunky Perlite online for less than 30 or 40 bucks?

You're really pushing it to the limit with that much power for that space! I probably would have settled for two 240w units. I have however gone with a 395w myself for my 2.5ft x 2.5ft tent.

PS: Does anyone know where I could get Big and Chunky Perlite online for less than 30 or 40 bucks?

goggle is ur friend Store

Growannex.com

Fox Farm Big & Chunky Perlite - 4 cu. ft - $37...thing is, even if you found it under $30, shipping would kill you. That's how most online stores recoup their losses from having low prices.

Better, much better is contacting Therm-O-Rock. They *make* perlite, and I'm sure you could get big honking bags much much cheaper

As far as the tent with almost 800w in it, at first I was getting the older Spectra 300's, but Mike hooked me up with the new ones -- I'm gonna let 'er rip, I got 15 bagseed beans sprouting now so I can get my coco/hempy learn on. I don't wanna hijack Irish's thread, mine is in my sig.

:peace:

Edit: Ignore my blabber above, I see Irish Boy was much better at finding perlite for you lol

very cool bro. dont show me up and make me look bad.lol

trust me guys keep the lights up high at 1st, these leds are no joke and will wilt ur clones/seedlings and kill them if too close. Zombo only use one light at 1st until they get big.

Will do, I guess I'm used to cammies lol, I traded the other 126w for 14gm of middies that I made hash out of..Mike said I should wear sunglasses when I fire one up, true?

Me show YOU up, HAHAHAHAH, that will never happen bro you're way better than me lol

With that much light, most definitely!! While I am not using Mikes, my 700 watter hurts my eyes, always wear my glasses now. I saw some glasses on a website somewhere, I think they were designed for hps growers, was thinking about those but think the spectrum of color might be off. my sunglasses are rose tinted. I can't remember if mike added uv to his, but if he did make SURE you wear sunglasses that have uv protection.

Sunlight supply makes a decent pair "horticulture" sunglasses. They cost around 20 bucks, and block out UVA and UVB. Definately a must when working with such intense lighting. I never needed them when working with 2 400 watt HPS fixtures, but as soon as I put in the 300 (395), I went out and bought a pair. I kept on getting headaches because of the intensity. Picture Mace Windu's Purple Light Sabre, only brighter!

Sunlight supply makes a decent pair "horticulture" sunglasses. They cost around 20 bucks, and block out UVA and UVB. Definately a must when working with such intense lighting. I never needed them when working with 2 400 watt HPS fixtures, but as soon as I put in the 300 (395), I went out and bought a pair. I kept on getting headaches because of the intensity. Picture Mace Windu's Purple Light Sabre, only brighter!

I have some UVA/B blocking motorcycle goggles I'll wear. They fit over my regular glasses -- thanks for the heads up, fellow growers!

yeah you want to wear glasses when working around any high powered light. I picked up these glasses and they're perfect. Someone on here (I think Setting Sun) recommended going with shade 3 lenses.

Ooooh, those are nice too!

Irish, I was wondering if you (or anyone else running TRF's) had ever checked the EC of their runoff. I started a new run using the Jackson & Perkins Rose food, and I occasionally check the runoff just to confuse myself. Sometimes the EC looks pretty normal (range from about 1.4-1.8) and sometimes it is so high that it is unbelievable (3.2-3.6, maxed out on my BlueLab truncheon). The plants seem happy as hell, no tip burn or other sign of too much chow, but I am sure confused! Any input would be appreciated.

Just checkin in. You gonna start a new journal under the bright lights?
i have too many journals right now so i will just keep it on one at this moment.
Irish, I was wondering if you (or anyone else running TRF's) had ever checked the EC of their runoff. I started a new run using the Jackson & Perkins Rose food, and I occasionally check the runoff just to confuse myself. Sometimes the EC looks pretty normal (range from about 1.4-1.8) and sometimes it is so high that it is unbelievable (3.2-3.6, maxed out on my BlueLab truncheon). The plants seem happy as hell, no tip burn or other sign of too much chow, but I am sure confused! Any input would be appreciated.

IDK bro i never checked it, i had nothing but trouble on my last grow using the DM red and so did my buddy, so i stopped using TRF's and moved to full organics. i think the salts built up in my medium and since it didnt drain the best it locked up my plant and was game over. once things went bad their was no fixing it.

very cool bro. dont show me up and make me look bad.lol

trust me guys keep the lights up high at 1st, these leds are no joke and will wilt ur clones/seedlings and kill them if too close. Zombo only use one light at 1st until they get big.

Hey everyone I just got this in an email from Mike at Welcome to Grow LED Hydro - LED Grow Lights - Hydroponics - Plant Lighting The guy who designs the Spectra lights Irish is using :p

"The reason irish is starting of high is to not put his clones into shock the leds are much more intense than cfl after the first week it will be safe to veg your plant with the led panels between 18 to 24 inches and flower them anywhere between 14 to 18 inches. you could go lower, ive had some customers go as low as 8 inches but thats there preference. If you or anyone of my customers decide to go that low id say keep an eye on the plants for bleaching some strains do some dont. Let me know if theirs anything else I can help you with."

I have however gone with a 395w myself for my 2.5ft x 2.5ft tent.

you will be happy jdizzle, for sure. I have a tent that size, as well as SS's grows were in a couple of those tents. Good stuff.

Hey everyone I just got this in an email from Mike at Welcome to Grow LED Hydro - LED Grow Lights - Hydroponics - Plant Lighting The guy who designs the Spectra lights Irish is using :p

"The reason irish is starting of high is to not put his clones into shock the leds are much more intense than cfl after the first week it will be safe to veg your plant with the led panels between 18 to 24 inches and flower them anywhere between 14 to 18 inches. you could go lower, ive had some customers go as low as 8 inches but thats there preference. If you or anyone of my customers decide to go that low id say keep an eye on the plants for bleaching some strains do some dont. Let me know if theirs anything else I can help you with."

i will say thats a good base line but from what i have learned with these lights is theirs no certain hight on the lights from plants, every strain act different, so you just have to watch ur strain and see what it likes.

Irish,
Hope ya don`t mind ,But wondering all that use that Osmocote Plus would chime in , Just trying to pick their heads on a few things before I purchase the products??
I think SS and I forget the others that use it Hmmmm???

Thanks

hey irish gotta question.. just got my 2011 spectra led and was wondering if i even need to use nutes in vegg? all my clones the new growth is reall yellow then seems to turn green after a day.. is this nute burn or what im confused as to why my plants are being burnt?

Got you beat zombo..

running 2 in a 2x4 tent.

HEHEHEH

:cheer:

WOW. 2 x 395 in a 2' x 4' ? Cripes that must be freaking blinding!

Irish,
Hope ya don`t mind ,But wondering all that use that Osmocote Plus would chime in , Just trying to pick their heads on a few things before I purchase the products??

Thanks

I don't use it yet, but will be on my upcoming grow. There's a huge thread here on the use of it for growing cannabis.

Thanks For that info on the thread
going on...Appreciate that!

YEah I`m sick and tired spending huge $$$ and mixing up all them nutes all the time...Plus I hope in the future can get away with out all that Flushing!

Irish,

Thanks
theirs a OC+ thread around here some where with tons of people using it.
hey irish gotta question.. just got my 2011 spectra led and was wondering if i even need to use nutes in vegg? all my clones the new growth is reall yellow then seems to turn green after a day.. is this nute burn or what im confused as to why my plants are being burnt?

one of my girls is having the same thing. if using soil that have food in it then you dont. if your medium dosent have food in it like coco or something like that then you need to add a little bit of food. just a little though. check your PH in the water and run off that could be the problem.

Back
Top Bottom