480W & 720W LED Grow - Land of Clovers

re: 480W & 720W Grow LED Hydro - Land Of Clovers

does vinegar kill the micro life if used to bring PH down ? after reading about using vinegar thats all I use know. well apple cider vinegar

Isn't vinegar used as a cleaning agent for killing germs and stuff? I would sure think it hurts them :p But I'm too lazy to google it

It depends on the concentration.

Pure vinegar isn't a very good disinfectant, and when used to adjust PH, it's not going to affect the micro-life.

really? dont play with me! you mean this whole time i could have used it and it wouldnt hurt the micro life?

i thought a 50% vin mixed with 50% water was a great disinfectant? my grandma been lieing to me?:)

what in is the best to use if you know?

Very interested in what to use as a PH Up to not kill micro life..I usually sit at around 4.0 ph after I mix up the water..add a bit of silica to get it around 5.0..need something else to bump it up a bit + I don't like using silica everytime.

Botanicare PBG & LK are crazy acidic.

Hmmm...I guess Earth Juice makes an organic PH Up & Down.

really? dont play with me! you mean this whole time i could have used it and it wouldnt hurt the micro life?

i thought a 50% vin mixed with 50% water was a great disinfectant? my grandma been lieing to me?:)

what in is the best to use if you know?

She probably lied about marijuana too huh? :p

Very interested in what to use as a PH Up to not kill micro life..I usually sit at around 4.0 ph after I mix up the water..add a bit of silica to get it around 5.0..need something else to bump it up a bit + I don't like using silica everytime.

Botanicare PBG & LK are crazy acidic.

Hmmm...I guess Earth Juice makes an organic PH Up & Down.

Hey Marley15,

I use EJ up crystals with organic/micro life type growing. No problem with it after many grows. It is a salt though, so a flush down the road would be recommended, depending on you style. I only flush once in mid flower, and then final flush before harvest.

**Anyone interested in an amazing final flush..............try Supernaturals Cannicure (might have changed its name recently). Harvest 12 hours after flush (lights off during 12 hours). Takes excess moisture out before harvest, but leaves enough for proper potency. Every harvest is dry for final trim in 4/5 days, before curing.

Thought I would throw that out there (not a mid cycle flush!)

Cheers!
:Namaste:

There is no way it kills the micro life to use pH down. That just doesn't make any sense. I used it my entire cycle, it's not like pH down is some ultra abrasive stuff once its in a gallon of water. It is provided by GH and they also make the micro-life I used. I don't think a company would have a feeding schedule designed that kills off each other. In other words canceling each other out. The microbes kill molds and other growth inhibiting elements as well as making the minerals in the medium more available to the roots. Subculture-B made by GH is an additive that allows the microbes to live in HIGHER salt concentrations, but acceptable levels of salts will not even kill the microbes. Yes, HIGH levels of salt will kill ALL of your plant life in the medium. Including your roots, let alone the micro-life.

Sounds too complicated to me.

Just stick the seed or clone in some soil and water it ;).

don't get me wrong, I believe in magic, but you can't buy it ;)

Good quotes to go by...

Think of nature...water, dirt, stuff on the dirt surface and within the dirt from more nature stuff.

Things are insanity at the go-room.

Hope your ladies pull through Irish...

Much respect guys.

Keep IT simple!

-Go

Hey Marley15,

I use EJ up crystals with organic/micro life type growing. No problem with it after many grows. It is a salt though, so a flush down the road would be recommended, depending on you style. I only flush once in mid flower, and then final flush before harvest.

**Anyone interested in an amazing final flush..............try Supernaturals Cannicure (might have changed its name recently). Harvest 12 hours after flush (lights off during 12 hours). Takes excess moisture out before harvest, but leaves enough for proper potency. Every harvest is dry for final trim in 4/5 days, before curing.

Cheers!

Earth Juice Natural Up is pure Potassium Bi-Carbonate. Not sure how salty that is.

Earth Juice Natural Up is pure Potassium Bi-Carbonate. Not sure how salty that is.

There is a little salt to it..................

"Potassium bicarbonate (also known as potassium hydrogen carbonate or potassium acid carbonate), is a colorless, odorless, slightly basic, salty substance. According to The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), potassium bicarbonate is "generally recognized as safe".

Potassium bicarbonate is soluble in water, and is often found added to bottled water to affect taste; however, it is not soluble in alcohol. Decomposition of the substance occurs between 100 °C and 120 °C into K2CO3 (potassium carbonate), H2O (water), and CO2 (carbon dioxide). In concentrations greater than 0.5%, KHCO3 can have toxic effects on plants[citation needed] (potassium bicarbonate has widespread use in crops, especially for neutralizing acidic soil, and is also under consideration as an organic fungicide[1]), although there is no evidence of human carcinogenicity, no adverse effects of overexposure, and an undetermined LD50.

Physically, potassium bicarbonate occurs as a crystal or a soft white granular powder. It is manufactured by reacting potassium carbonate with carbon dioxide and water:"

..........from Wikipedia

I have to use a bit, as my nute mix is 4.5/5.0 pre ph'ing. It does build up after a while, and starts to be noticed on the topsoil after 4-6 weeks (in my case).

Just sharing!

Also, chemicals can be natural. Chemicals can be created synthetically. This doesn't mean that chemical nutes are in no way natural. Same goes for organics being only natural based ingredients. Some organics have synthetic ingredients.

Hey Marley15,

Cheers!

There is a little salt to it..................

"Potassium bicarbonate (also known as potassium hydrogen carbonate or potassium acid carbonate), is a colorless, odorless, slightly basic, salty substance. According to The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), potassium bicarbonate is "generally recognized as safe".

Potassium bicarbonate is soluble in water, and is often found added to bottled water to affect taste; however, it is not soluble in alcohol. Decomposition of the substance occurs between 100 °C and 120 °C into K2CO3 (potassium carbonate), H2O (water), and CO2 (carbon dioxide). In concentrations greater than 0.5%, KHCO3 can have toxic effects on plants[citation needed] (potassium bicarbonate has widespread use in crops, especially for neutralizing acidic soil, and is also under consideration as an organic fungicide[1]), although there is no evidence of human carcinogenicity, no adverse effects of overexposure, and an undetermined LD50.

Physically, potassium bicarbonate occurs as a crystal or a soft white granular powder. It is manufactured by reacting potassium carbonate with carbon dioxide and water:"

..........from Wikipedia

I have to use a bit, as my nute mix is 4.5/5.0 pre ph'ing. It does build up after a while, and starts to be noticed on the topsoil after 4-6 weeks (in my case).

Just sharing!

Good info Jeff1, ty.

In the amounts typically used to adjust nute solutions, it's not going to kill your micro-life.

Vinegar won't hold your PH as stable as sulfuric or phosphoric acid, but it works OK.

If you can avoid using PH up or down, that's a good thing. For instance, I'm using Protek (sp?) silica to keep my soil PH in range with the same nutes I'm using for hydro. By adding some silica to my water first, the same Botanicare CNS17 blend that comes out to 5.9 for hydro, stays at 6.5 for my soil plants.

grandmas never lie, but lotsa bugs can survive a bath in that. Even rubbing alcohol isn't all that great a disinfectant.

Bleach is the best general-purpose household disinfectant.

So here are some pictures of my plants before and after my 395w (total/actual draw) 2011 Spectra. Irish wanted to see how mine do under the light, otherwise I wouldn't be posting so many pics :p

A picture taken every 4 days. It may just be that they are older or have had more time getting nutes, but they seem to recover from being watered twice as fast with the Spectra as with my 400w HPS (although that twice is fast may only be a couple hours difference)

34103.JPG
3826.JPG
42104.JPG
4618.JPG

lots of stuff to quote so i am going to go off the top of my head.

supernatural i know about used the whole line a few years ago for a while, hate that stuff, and used the cure things and dont think its worth the money or even cool to add chems when trying to flush ur palnts. bud blaster and green stay are the only good things in that line.

and yes grandma told the truth about weed, she said its good shit and it is:grinjoint:

PH down and salts will indeed kill micro life/lower it. just because GH puts or sub culter and synthetic nutes dosent mean they work 100% together, the truth is thats why its need to keep on being added, instead of just one time, why do you need to keep adding micro life if ur not killing it? if ur soil is good and no harm to the little guys they will not need to be added all the time. PH is acid, u ever seen the bottle after some has spelt? shits not good at all for micro life. salts arnt good either for them.. if you have true organics and good micro life PH dose not need to be adjusted they will do it for you.

SS ur right using silica for PH up is a better way or using seaweed for PH down, but depends on how far off you are.

now the EJ ph/down is something ive been looking at for a long time but was just never sure.

Back
Top Bottom