5 days into flowering & an iron deficiency - What effect does it have on bud growth?

Re: 5 days into flowering & an iron deficiency - What effect does it have on bud grow

I have no purple. those are the lights and the phone camera's exposure. the curling is from foliar feeding. I don't overwatering and roots are happy. just iron locking out at 6.5

Re: 5 days into flowering & an iron deficiency - What effect does it have on bud grow

I see CalMag deficiency. Not iron. It doesn't happen like that. Probably overwatering also. But that's just my opinion

I see CalMag deficiency. Not iron. It doesn't happen like that. Probably overwatering also. But that's just my opinion

I appreciate it. is calmag best watered in or top dressed?

Why would only iron be locked out at 6.5? You've been fed some bad info. If that was true, dont you think every nutrient company would be pushing iron supplements? Go the CalMag route and you won't be sorry.

Calmag is an iron supplement.
At least the one I use is. (Botanicare)
6.5 is around the lockout point for iron in hydro.

Watered in. Top dressing is great for organic or outdoor. Needs time to breakdown and do its thing. Keep it simple.

Calcium and magnesium salt supplements. Your plant uses magnesium the most. CalMag all the way through til week 6, then Mag Sulfur the last weeks before flush.
He's using soil, 6.5 is still in safe pH range. I don't believe in the lockout of iron to make such a drastic deficiency

I'll add calmag tonight and report back with some daily photos

Iron deficiency causes very obvious yellowing in the new growth - almost white when its severe enough.

lowering my ph to 6ish and adding calmag seems like a winning combo

I said it was pretty minor. Hard to tell from the photos but i was taking his word for it when he said he has yellowing on the new growth. Something I'm pretty familiar with- from the causes we discussed. No one has been offering me 'bad advice'. It's my direct observations - and well known science.
But I'll let you take over this thread ChronicAffair, since I've more or less offered my advice and you're so fucking pushy about this. Unsubbed.

I don't think that was me right? I'm not the pushy one. I agree it's iron and it seems like iron lockout requires lowering ph and adding calmag.

Whoa. Sorry bro. No need to swear. I'm not being pushy. I've just been doing this a long time. I've always found that you start with the easiest solutions and usually the others work it self out. My bad weasel.

Thanks mate. No worries. Wouldn't be the first time there was miscommunication on the forum.
For me this (iron def/ph) looks like the simplest solution- just because I've had this experience several times. So hence the advice in that direction. I could be wrong- and that's totally ok with me. He will have to take both our inputs and figure it out himself in the end. :thumb:

whoa, who said anything about taking your inputs fellas. We're just talkin abut some weed here. I'm a married guy

Lol. Thread gone wrong.

CA has a point- though he may be wrong about the effects of iron def, and the use of calmag as an iron supplement.
The advice I gave is true as it pertains to how I grow.
But this is the sticking point.
I'm coming from the perspective of a soilless grower. Soilless (peat moss, perlite, coco, rockwool,etc) is an inert medium which exists to hold roots, provide aeration, and temporarily hold whatever nutes and water you add to it. It's a form of hydro- needs constant ph monitoring and added nutes and micro- nutrients (like calcium, magnesium, iron)
Soil (contains compost, worm castings, lots of minerals, clay, sand, etc) is quite a different thing with a different approach. It needs much less ph control, uses the soil ph range, and in general should need less constant life support from the grower. I'm not a soil grower but usually you shouldn't need to add calmag to any decent soil mix.

Your first post was talking about hydro. I didn't see anything about you being a soil grower so must have missed it. Keep all this is mind. What I said, and also the info in your first, is true to hydro/soilless growing.
An iron deficiency is an iron deficiency- but, if you have one , the approach to fixing it would usually be a little different between soil and soilless.

Back
Top Bottom