5 White Widow Feminized Seeds

Hey oldsmokey. I too use Pro-mix HP. Just finished my first round with it. Was ph ing around 5.8 - 6.0 through veg and into flower, then developed cal/mag lockout after about 4 weeks flower. Upped the ph to around 6.5 for a while and all better. Next grow will be at 6.2-6.3. Still did well for noobiness and harvested about 10 ounces dry from 4 plants. Flowered for 12 weeks. Very slow to amber up but worth the wait.

Hey oldsmokey. I too use Pro-mix HP. Just finished my first round with it. Was ph ing around 5.8 - 6.0 through veg and into flower, then developed cal/mag lockout after about 4 weeks flower. Upped the ph to around 6.5 for a while and all better. Next grow will be at 6.2-6.3. Still did well for noobiness and harvested about 10 ounces dry from 4 plants. Flowered for 12 weeks. Very slow to amber up but worth the wait.
That's a really good first grow @DaveL, congrats. I'm hoping to do that well. What strain did you grow? Do you have a journal on here?

3 (21 days) Week Update:

Since I planted, it's been 3 weeks and I've have been monitoring these babies like crazy. I even set removed my front entrance wifi security cam and put it in the room where my plants are. Crazy? You might say so. I have to go away for work here and there so I always want to make sure the humidity is right. My wife is pretty good at filling the humidifier hah. My last watering was on day 19. So I have watered

#1 the runt is slowly getting better and better although its nowhere it should be at 21 days. I'm just going to let it chug along. It's about 2-3 inches tall. Here's a photo of it today:

I have been doing some reading about topping my plants since I am planning the SCROG LST technique once I transplant and finally get these babies in my tent. Most of what I read online said that people do not top their plants when they have anything under 2 nodes. Mine have 3 nodes and I can see the little leave at the joints so I decided to top them yesterday (except the runt) . I kind of regret doing all of them at once, because I should have experimented a little bit. Here's a photo of them today:

If anyone has any input on when I should transplant, I'm all ears!!!

Peace out!

That's a really good first grow @DaveL, congrats. I'm hoping to do that well. What strain did you grow? Do you have a journal on here?
Hi CRIPPS. Actually my 3rd grow. 1st with PRO-MIX. Previous grows were not stellar but still produced some good bud. White Widow from Crop King Seeds. Unfortunately no journal. Maybe next grow.

Update:

Today is Feb 28th (28 days since i planted the germinated seeds). Today is the day, I transplanted into 5 gal containers and finally put them into my tent. The "Runt"(#1) I did not transplant but I still put it in the tent. Some of the leaves were turning a little yellow on the second set of true leaves on #3 so I thought it was time. It was about 3 days ago, I noticed that the first and second set of true leaves on #3 were starting to yellow which led me to believe that it was time to transplant.

I prepared the pots and since they were stretching a little bit, I wanted to make sure that I buried the stems just under the cotyledons. I also fed them with 1/2 of the recommended nutes from General Organics. I mixed the nutes, adjusted to 6.2-6.4 and then moistened all of the promix HP soil. I realize I am going to have to veg a little longer because I might have stressed them out topping and transplanting, along with my other rookie mistakes. They are a little smaller than I hoped, but I already know what I would do differently next time. Here's a photo of them in the tent after all of this:

The tent is in my basement and it is pretty dry down there so I am having a hell of a time controlling the humidity Currently I have 2 humidifiers (One normal size and one small) and the RH was still only 35% with the ventilation running at full speed. I realized that the hurricane inlet fan did not have a speed setting so I had to do something about it.

Feb 1st (Friday) I went out and bought a fan speed controller and this seemed to help quite a bit. Now, with the fan on low speed, the RH is steady at 55% and the temp is 75 degrees during the day when my light is on. Pretty ideal from what I have been reading.

Now my problem is, at night, when the light is off, the temp drops considerably. Like to 58 degrees WAY TOO COLD from what I have read.

I decided to buy a space heater and landed on this one: 250 Watt Electric Wall Heaters - Amaze Heaters The reason I picked this one is because it has radiant heat and it takes up so little space if you can hang it. I used the extra set of pulleys that I bought and hung it in the tent. I have an extension power bar (which is timed) so i pulled that into the tent and plugged the AMAZE Thermostat into that. It's set it to come on right before the lights go off (at 11 pm). I set it higher than the actual temp I want because I know the actual temp will be a little bit lower. 65 degrees F would be ideal because what would allow for a 10-degree drop at night.

Here is a photo of the tent with the AMAZE heater:

Finally, I think I will be able to control the humidity / temp / and air flow during the DAY and NIGHT in my dry cold basement.

Update to come...

Hoping to get some advice here.

Since my last post, I have topped the plants twice which has gone pretty well. I have managed to keep the plants short with LST training and they are pretty bushy.

Today they are at 10 weeks (I know a little longer than they should be in veg), and I noticed that they are starting to yellow a bit and the leaves are curling downward. Here's a photo, you can see the back left one is the worst:

Following the advice of my good friend, I checked the roots of the one that was yellowing and curling the most and they are definately root bound. Take a look:

I think this is because of the longer veg time? I planned on lollipopping and flipping tonight along with a feed. But now I think I may have to re-pot which I know is not ideal.

Has anyone been in this situation before and were you able to resolve this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-04-09 at 8.00.15 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-04-09 at 8.00.15 PM.jpeg
    345.5 KB · Views: 64
    WhatsApp Image 2019-04-09 at 8.00.15 PM.jpeg
    345.5 KB · Views: 59
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-04-09 at 8.00.15 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-04-09 at 8.00.15 PM (1).jpeg
    345.5 KB · Views: 61