600 3W LEDs - Space Queen/Strawberry Cough/Special Kush/White Widow/Big Bud - Soil

Re: 600 3W LEDs - Space Queen/Strawberry Cough/Special Kush/White Widow/Big Bud - Soi

The eve of day 34.....wow, I did not realize it had been so many days, my mum came into town and is presently residing in my office. Everything is going smoothly except for the weather, its been brutally hot for this time of year and location. Having to run the A/C all night/lights on is not the most efficient, yet temps indoors have been well into the high 80's throughout most of the early evening as the cities concrete continues to emanate heat from its thermal stores. The a/c does not need to run during lights off. :thumb:

Been able to maintain temps between 78 and 80 lights on and about 74-76 lights off. Humidity is right around 50% without having to run the dehumidifier :thumb:

Whole room shot with flash

flashwholeroomeve34.jpg

Under LED

LED_wholeroomdayeve34.jpg

Airwolf shot

airwolfeve34.jpg

Prarie Dogs

Prarie_Dogs.jpg

Upclose
upclosespacequeens.jpg

sorry for the delay, I started the last defoil today....many more pics to come. Hope everyones weekend was excellent & :Namaste:

Re: 600 3W LEDs - Space Queen/Strawberry Cough/Special Kush/White Widow/Big Bud - Soi

Damn Stoop......Prairie Dogs indeed!:circle-of-love:

Looking great.

And great setup.

What is the size of your scrog and how far are your lights over canopy ?

Hey Stoop? :wood:
What's the scoop?:bump:

THIS JUST IN!!! ----------------------------------------------------------
WEEKLY WORLD NEWS

Disaster, Redemption, Disaster then Redemption Again!?

Partially abled man slowly moves into
action, more on that story later....

-------------------------------------------------------

.........more to follow, the busy crane out :Namaste:

:Namaste: My wife and I had our fourth wedding anniversary :thanks:, and we hadnt taken a single day off or even went on holiday since we returned from our honeymoon just due to nose to the grindstone, we both went back to school for different careers and worked our previous careers at the same time and then my accident...... So when the opportunity to take a slight holiday off presented itself and me being healthy and able enough to travel we did :thumb:. Before you view the carnage, I am happy to report I had a amazing time and would due it in a heartbeat again. 5 Gallon smart pots are to small to last three days with these ladies in them, I had already decided to due 10 gallon pots next run, this was a real life lesson for a newb. Those with sesitive stomachs should avert your gaze lol.

Yiikes
home_from_reno2.jpg

POW
home_from_reno_4.jpg

SLAM
home_from_reno_3.jpg

BONK
home_from_reno.jpg

Many more things have occured since this happend, it was two weeks ago...update later today.

Stoop,
Congrats on your anniversary.
It looks like one of the gals on the left has suffered a bit.
But, I cant tell if the others have anything wrong with them.
When you get a chance, would you summarize? It sucks to have things go wrong in the garden, but maybe your experience will help us members.

ps enjoyed the batman sound effects. lol

Summary.
I let the 5 gallon fabric pots dry out over a 72 hour period. One instant death of a Strawberry cough, a second death followed a week after for the second strawberry cough. They were clones and had an extreme flower to leaf ratio, I am guessing that during the drought like conditions the plants pulled moisture from its small amount of leafs and when that store was gone...necrosis due to dehydration set it. I am thinking the damage to the cell walls was to much for an efficient recovery. Time of death on SBC #1 12:35 pm 9/27 . The leaves that hadnt yellowed turned to a dry tea leaf like consistency. Time of death on SBC #2 9:05am 10/5.
Here is what i salvaged from it,

sbcdeathjar.jpg

A couple of trichome pics

sbc3early.jpg

sbc3earlybig.jpg

I dont think it a total loss, total salad toppings for a couple of months :thumb:

So ends the story for our brave ladies of the fields of strawberries.

:Namaste:

Dormant would be the word to desribe activity in the rest of the plants

YIKES is the Special Kush, it was about 50% dead when I returned. It had some awesome density and some beautiful thick flowers going on. Now it is at a standstill after two weeks, stunned since the drought. No growth and very little thickening of the flowers. I am taking it outside today and am going to chase Sol with it everday hopefully it recovers.

POW is the WW/BB, it was the most resillient to the drought like conditions and has amazing heft and density for the flowers. It also has the most yellowing of the fan leaves and they have not dried up like the SBC or the SpaceQueen. I also am going to put it in the backyard to see if Sol can save it.

The two Space Queens, while I initially held high hope for these two due to the lower visable dmg, ie, very little yellowing of leaves and some but not a lot of necrosis due to dehydration, the truth is they are dormant at the best and sucking Kw of energy for no growth at the worst. I am also moving them to the tender care of Sol and Gia.

Next Plan ......

I am going to throw two Dutch Treats that are about 7 weeks out from dispensary clone store into the flower room, I dont know if I am going to scrog them yet.....I have trained them for it. I have to raise everything in the flower room if I am going to scrog again, as much thought as I put in it, I did not realize that i would have so much neck and back bending from this. It is a simple design flaw and I have the new plans drawn out. I will be trickling photos from the move and harvest but I think I am just going to jump full of positive energy into the next journal/journals and move with my lesson learned. :Namaste:

P.S. I know how to get the WW/BB outside, the other three supported as they are, shall be an adventure :thumb:

Looking great.

And great setup.

What is the size of your scrog and how far are your lights over canopy ?
thanks Dark, the scog was just shy of 19sq and the lights are 15 inches away. sorry for the long response time :Namaste:

Yo Stoop,
I feel for you my dude.
I understand and respect the time and effort you put into your setup. We strive for perfection. With that said, you DO have some sweet bud to smoke to help forget your troubles.
Would you consider a drip feed in your upcoming plans?

Here is the last days of the space qeens,

lastdaysofthequeens.jpg

the will be put out to pasture later today to get ready for the new guard

Her name is Freya

monster_trixi.jpg

and she is a Dutch treat clone that hails from Dark Heart Nursery by way of the local dispensary. She has been vegging under a 4ft T5 8 bulbs @6400k for 3 months in a 3 gal fabric pot, i did the pot swap to the 10gal last week. I have been feeding her fish emulsions every 3 watering. The temps lights on have been 78-81degrees hovering around 60% humidity. The temps lights off are 74-78degrees also with around 60% humidity. I will be continuing the veg for another week to lets the roots continue to grow. I also love how healthy the plants get coming out of the T5 set up into the LEDs. They love them.

Stoop,
Your present dairy queen soon to chop. Describe her head and taste.
Freya....yey yah! She's nicely developed and is begging to bloom. :dreamy::passitleft:

Very nice set up you got, it's a shame you had a few casualties, sometimes you just need to make time for yourself and your family. :thumb: I love the smell of Dutch treat! There are a few other sativas Iv found with similar aromas. XJ13, trainwreck and Kevorkian.

Very nice set up you got, it's a shame you had a few casualties, sometimes you just need to make time for yourself and your family. :thumb: I love the smell of Dutch treat! There are a few other sativas Iv found with similar aromas. XJ13, trainwreck and Kevorkian.
Thanks Double Vision and welcome to the end and the beginning, I have been busy. To respond to stages question about head and taste for the queens, I have about a month of cure from this point before i sample, it is far to young and speedy in its present form to do me any good.

ONWARD & UPWARD

I am going to finish this journal and start a new one with the Twin Valkyr /Dutch treats... Freya and June say hello

Freya_and_June.jpg

I completely changed the layout of the room, the light distribution, the pot size and irrigation methods all to make it easier for my partially abled arse to deal with the tending of them.

Up Freyas Skirt
up_freyas_skirt.jpg

Freya in Repose
Freya_in_Repose.jpg

The tie down in prep for scrog weave going in
Freya.jpg

The old irrigation system required me to remove a saucer of runoff over a 1" and a 1/2" pvc pipe, I rebuilt the rigs to be able to slide the pans smoothly in and out. the one on the left is the old design before i updated it. I also built stanchions to accomodate the wieght of the 10gal fabric pots when full of water.
old_vs_new.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

Back
Top Bottom