7 days budding - started LST - need advice/comments?

ontariogrow

Hey folks - i'll start with the required info - then post pics :
Strain - Lemon Skunk (from reputable toronto store)
# of Plants - 5
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - flower - 7 days
Bucket Size - 4 allon
Lights - (1) 400 Watt HPS
Nutrients - various - vegged with local hydro shops 2 stage - now using Dutch Nutrient Formula feeding schedule
Medium - soil from local hydro shop in bails. can't remember name sorry

PH - 6.7ish? tested my home tap water finally (using it after leaving it sit 24 hours in open containers)
RH - 39-35%
Room Temperature -72-85

Room Square Footage - 5 X 6'
Pests - None Known

So this is my first grow - made a special room for it - good ventilation, good temps now - using an oil filled heater during lights out to keep everything around 72-75F.

I put them into flower 7 days ago - nothing really showing yet (some microscopic stuff i'll post) and started to use LST on them with some electrical wire to control their height and get the canopy a nice even level so the ligh penetrates. 400 watts HPS

can anyone tell me if these look ok? I'm not sure if i should be looking for anything special or just keeping them green and manageable.... comments? anyone? thanks!

​when should i notice some flowering action?

plants afte LST wire additions tonight :
grow-002a.JPG

some closeups with microscope of the bud sites (i think!) looks like all girls - anyone want to comment?

grow-012.jpg
grow-011.jpg
grow-010.jpg

well thanks guys - i'm just paranoid i guess - i feel like this period is crucial, and i don't want to make a critical error now.

thanks for the feedback - anyone want me to update as i go?

Looking good there ontariogrow, Peace OG. and they really can handle some bending, as long as you don't snap a branch,lol.

i bent one really badly - not sure the rest of that branch is recovering past the bend - it's a bend that seems to have given in after i left it for the night - it was bent and then in the morning it was more... crimped :(

As long as the plant is still attatched it will survive I had topped one and doing some lst and felt something weird but thought nothing of it and went back a few days later and found the top that i had lst'd had split put a few zip ties on her and continued to bend her until flowering .
Octobernovember2012_528.jpg

Octobernovember2012_527.jpg

2012_1139.jpg

They reall can handle it as long as the branch is still connected to the main plant, OG.

update : a little more bending and shaping happening - they just keep growing! lol

guess i got the environment set up nicely - hope i don't run out of closet...

Photo_Mar_09_9_22_16_PM.jpg

update : a little more bending and shaping happening - they just keep growing! lol

guess i got the environment set up nicely - hope i don't run out of closet...

Photo_Mar_09_9_22_16_PM.jpg

Looking good there, I personally would open them up , You are at like day 20 of flower the first day of defole usually comes at 21 so you could defoliate them or you could bend them and let each brach grow out like and arch just backwards so to speak I try to train mine so they look like an upside down cone if you get the picture will see if I have one from my last indoor grow in my album.

Octobernovember2012_518.jpg

Octobernovember2012_522.jpg

03785.jpg

04065.jpg

Octobernovember2012_517_-_Copy.jpg

Peace OG

Sorry for the small pics will try and go through and delete them but hopefully you get the idea, if you can bend and not cut then you will have more sites for the buds the more that is cut the less so just fyi, it worked for me and that is how the new crop is getting trained, OG

P.S. this is more for an indoor grow as far as it goes, some cutting may be needed either way but if I can bend a branch so that it gets light as all the others do then I keep it, if it doesn't work cut it later after you see what the plant is going to do

Back
Top Bottom