8 zips a week and I need your help

LED-Freak

Okay here it goes,

as the title explains, I plan to grow 8zips a week using 1,540 watts and I need your help.

Before you go ahead and call me crazy, I am a currently a hair shy of 4 zips a week using a single 600w HPS, its in my sig. I can grow 8 no problem with more then double the lighting.

this is may intent.

Using (5) 2x4ft flood tables im going to line them up to form a 10ftx4ft rectangle so picture an assembly line:winkyface:

Using 9in 2gallon square pots im going to fit eight into each flood table. From right to left its going to work like this. Table 1 is weeks 1-2 table 2 is weeks 3-4 table 3 is weeks 5-6 table 4 is weeks 7-8 and weeks 9-10 in the final 5th table.

Using four different strains all with similar flower lengths I'm going to add four plants every 7 days giving me a weekly harvest. Each plant will be vegged for three weeks prior to bloom under T-5s.

This is my idea for lighting in bloom: I have three 120w LED units from growledhydro.com which according to the website will put out 540w of lighting (each light actually draws 180w).

These lights will be positioned over table 1 for weeks 1-2 to really stack the nodes and prepare the plants for bloom. Tables 2-5 (4tables total 8ftx4ft) will be under a 3.5 light rail carrying a 1000w HPS.

This is where I need input:

You think I should use two 6oow lights and make them stationary or stick with the single 1000w on a light rail?

With the light rail I planned on runinng a 4x4ft sun soaker reflector but if I do 2 stationary 600w hps lights I can run air cooled hoods. Which will take a nice load off the A/C but that really isnt a big problem. Either way I have cooling under control via A/C what it really comes down to is what will be better?

Clearly I want to say 1200w of HPS is better then 1000w of HPS but if I can pinch 200w with out much sacrifice then I would like to.

What do you think?

Keep in mind I do plan on having the temps at 85-88 degrees because I will be supplementing co2 at 1500ppm using a hydro innovation co2 gen which is water cooled.

So during my cooler months I will not even need to run the a/c and the summers here are not crazy so the load on the a/c will not be crazy regardless.

Each table will have its own resv with tailored nutes for those weeks of growth. I do not plan on cooling my resv. which mean they too will be 85-88 degrees but I dont know how big a problem root rot is with ebb n flow considering I never grown MMJ using ebb n flow only vegetables. But I think I shouldnt have a problem, Ill just make sure the resv. are light proof and use some kind of anti fungal additive like sm-90.

What do you all think???........all tips and pointers are wanted I need all good advise and opinions I can get. Just PLEASEEEEEE.....dont tell me I cant do it.
Peace 420 keep it green and keep it rollin :tokin:

So 40 plants in flower, 12 in veg, 4 clones, 4 moms, 60 total. 5 patients 12 plants a piece.

Hey there LED-FREAK I am all in for this one and would love to see you pull it off! I am growing using 3400wts and the sun and would love to grab 8 zips per week. I use three Ebb and Flow tables 3x3x3 (1sqm each) and have several seperate reservoirs also. If there is anything I can help you with we are all Family here at 420Mag so ask away.
IMO it seems this all looks great on paper but when the actuall plants are up and running there is always a problem that sets us back. Not enough light, a broken pump, etc. etc
I myself have am licensed for 60 Plants, 36 in Bud, and 24 in Veg, with no size restrictions. Under RI MMJ Law a qualifying Patient may posess 12 Adult (flowering)plants and 12 Seedling (no visible flowers) plants. A licened Caregiver also is allowed a maximum of 36 plants 24 in bloom and 12 in veg with 2 qualifying patients. A RI Caregiver may have 5 patients but gets no extra plants after 2 patients. I am in court right now on this very issue as I was Busted for growing meds for myself and my registered patients and was 100% legit & within limits. The Police and Prosecutors definitely do not know the Law as I was told I could only have 12 Plants, horse manure I read the Law and so has my Atty.
Good Luck and I cant wait to see this.
+Rep :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom