A Base Treatment Regimen For Cancer

Yes you do. You'll be smart to stay on a maintenance dose for life. Cajun recently demonstrated the necessity of that safeguard, and I'll be expecting you to stay vigilant. :battingeyelashes: :love:

I'm so proud of you for taking things into your own hands and giving your struggling ECS the support it so desperately needed. Well done. I woke up smiling about this. :cheesygrinsmiley:

thank you for the nice words :circle-of-love:

yes maintenance will be a must but I am sure I will need to go on for a given time with the main dosage. I am waiting for the response and advise

:circle-of-love:

thank you for the nice words :circle-of-love:

yes maintenance will be a must but I am sure I will need to go on for a given time with the main dosage. I am waiting for the response and advise

It's a good idea to maintain high doses for a while and taper off slowly:
1) to keep killing any hidden cancer cells. Probably overkill but peace of mind is worth it.
B) to continue healing the damage done by cancer and non-cannabis treatments, not to mention the stress you've been through. (Be prepared for a mild collapse as relief and reality set in.)
Numero tres) because your body's equilibrium has shifted to a new normal during treatment and will need to shift back to another new normal.
And lastly, if you're like me you've been so focused on treatment that you haven't really pictured the future and find yourself asking "Now What?!" Not continuing regimen just felt wrong and I needed time to adjust mentally. You may even grieve a little now that something that was a part of you is gone. No matter how much I wanted my tumors gone they were a part of me, and loss is loss. Several cancer survivors I know have felt the same thing.

Back to numero tres. Maintenance dosing differs from treatment in that the goal is no longer to actively kill cancer cells but to allow your normal body systems to prevent and destroy new cancerous cells. Your body is designed to do this through the endocannbinoid system (ECS). Cancer started in part at least because your ECS was overwhelmed by stresses and/or deficient for any of several reasons. Your long-term objective is to support your ECS with smaller doses of cannabis plus all of the stuff in Sue's ECS threads that are great things to do anyway.

I don't know what the long-term dose should be. I'm still taking 100-200 mg per day in 3-4 doses, partly to heal damage from chemo, partly to address other conditions I've had all my life plus some new aches due to aging. I've also increased the amount of CBD in my oil and have a few batches that kept THCa. And part of that is because I still worry about tumors coming back. I know I can beat it again if they do return, but I've scared the people I love enough for 5 life times and don't want to do that again.

Most important piece at this stage. PLAY!! And laugh, and love, and get your tax returns caught up (note to self;)) I mean live your life, because that was the real point of treatment.:circle-of-love:

thank you all for celebrating with me the very good news.

but let's not forget that I need to go on with some kind of CO treatment. I will keep you updated

Yes. You do have a minimum daily requirement of cannabis. Someone who knows the medical side might say to slooooowly taper off to half your latest dose, (or something similar) to set a baseline for feeling healthy over the next 6 months .

but :)

You also have a minimum daily requirement for joy and peacefulness. It would be wise to set a baseline of feeling joyful over the next six months too.

It's a good idea to maintain high doses for a while and taper off slowly:
1) to keep killing any hidden cancer cells. Probably overkill but peace of mind is worth it.
B) to continue healing the damage done by cancer and non-cannabis treatments, not to mention the stress you've been through. (Be prepared for a mild collapse as relief and reality set in.)
Numero tres) because your body's equilibrium has shifted to a new normal during treatment and will need to shift back to another new normal.
And lastly, if you're like me you've been so focused on treatment that you haven't really pictured the future and find yourself asking "Now What?!" Not continuing regimen just felt wrong and I needed time to adjust mentally. You may even grieve a little now that something that was a part of you is gone. No matter how much I wanted my tumors gone they were a part of me, and loss is loss. Several cancer survivors I know have felt the same thing.

Back to numero tres. Maintenance dosing differs from treatment in that the goal is no longer to actively kill cancer cells but to allow your normal body systems to prevent and destroy new cancerous cells. Your body is designed to do this through the endocannbinoid system (ECS). Cancer started in part at least because your ECS was overwhelmed by stresses and/or deficient for any of several reasons. Your long-term objective is to support your ECS with smaller doses of cannabis plus all of the stuff in Sue's ECS threads that are great things to do anyway.

I don't know what the long-term dose should be. I'm still taking 100-200 mg per day in 3-4 doses, partly to heal damage from chemo, partly to address other conditions I've had all my life plus some new aches due to aging. I've also increased the amount of CBD in my oil and have a few batches that kept THCa. And part of that is because I still worry about tumors coming back. I know I can beat it again if they do return, but I've scared the people I love enough for 5 life times and don't want to do that again.

Most important piece at this stage. PLAY!! And laugh, and love, and get your tax returns caught up (note to self;)) I mean live your life, because that was the real point of treatment.:circle-of-love:

thank you for this great and helpful posting :thanks:

I fully understand your decision to go for the 100-220 daily maintenance dose. lets see what my advisors will tell me. I am sure that I still have hidden micro cancer cells and I will need to go on with the treatment dosage I had until now and only at a later stage to start maintenance dosage.

Hi all, I have come across this thread just now and read suggestions, my mother is suffering from advanced ovary cancer, metastasis, which has now spread to colon and she is not having any bowel movement. Unable to eat anything from mouth now

We have tried cannabis last 2 months through ingestion but nausea and vomitade us to stop it, then we tried suppository with 0.5 ml cannabis and 0.5 ml coconut oil. And one dose as she was facing neuropathy issues.
Last week she had chemotherapy, so we stopped cannabis for 2 days but from that day her bowel movement stopped and now doctors have raised their hands.
We would like to continue cannabis as this is the only hope. And now planning to give using cocao butter. At my place difficult to find gelatin capsules and lecithin, still we would get lecithin. Also please tell us in case if we get gelatin capsule , can we prepare the dose from hands.
Also, please let us know what should be done for proper effect. We know that things can improve. So need help now.
Thanks looking for support from so many blessed people.

Hi all, I have come across this thread just now and read suggestions, my mother is suffering from advanced ovary cancer, metastasis, which has now spread to colon and she is not having any bowel movement. Unable to eat anything from mouth now

We have tried cannabis last 2 months through ingestion but nausea and vomitade us to stop it, then we tried suppository with 0.5 ml cannabis and 0.5 ml coconut oil. And one dose as she was facing neuropathy issues.
Last week she had chemotherapy, so we stopped cannabis for 2 days but from that day her bowel movement stopped and now doctors have raised their hands.
We would like to continue cannabis as this is the only hope. And now planning to give using cocao butter. At my place difficult to find gelatin capsules and lecithin, still we would get lecithin. Also please tell us in case if we get gelatin capsule , can we prepare the dose from hands.
Also, please let us know what should be done for proper effect. We know that things can improve. So need help now.

sorry to hear that. I have ovarian cancer stage 4 and I used cannabis oil sub lingual, rectal suppository and vaginal suppository.

are you in the USA?

are you able to receive private messages?

I will try to help you if I can with all the info what I did.

how old is your mother?

You won't be able to private message until you hit 50 posts, so we'll have to do this out in the open. Please bear with us as we go forward. It can get hectic sometimes with all the posts flying, but we can do this. :hug:

Good morning. :hug: Good to meet you. Could have been under better terms, eh? :battingeyelashes: Well, let's see what we can help you with.

Do you have access to 1 ml syringes? They can be a great substitute for capsules when going the anal route.

Cannabinoids aren't causing the slow bowels, it's a lack of them causing the blockage. Cannabinoids regulate both the speed of bowel movement and the amount of water put into the process, so suppositories are the solution to both constipation and diarrhea. My suggestion would be to find some way to get suppository administration going.

Also, discontinue the policy of stopping cannabinoid therapy when she has chemo. The cannabinoids make chemo more effective as they also mitigate those nasty side effects of the poisonous chemo drugs.

You're blessed to have stayalive among our numbers. I'm going to step aside for a moment and hand the management reigns of your case to her capable hands. Rest assured, we're all here to support you. Ask anything and everything that comes up. The more we share the easier it is to sort through to a workable regimen.

Take a deep breath. Things always work out. :battingeyelashes: :love:

please google for psyllium husk and try to get it in your country wherever this might be. I had a debulking operation and as the colon was totally covered with metastatic tumors they decided to d a full colectomy. I ordered psyllium husk and I dont have loose stool since then. ( a life saver)

it also helps with constipation and as you wrote she has no bowel movement it should help her (if I understood you right)

let me get your answers to my questions and I am glad to help and tell you what I did till today.

Thanks Sweet sue , stayalive..
We are making suppository through a suppository mould of 1 ml by adding 0.5ml coconut oil and 0.5ml cannabis . But we are trying twice a day. So we will now try suppository thru cocoa butter and cannabis, we don't have lecithin at present.

1. Can you please tell me how much cocoa butter to mix with cannabis oil.

2. Is it always preferred that we should mix the oils by keeping it 24 hrs in refrigerator then cool it down and then again refrigerate for 24 hrs ?

3. Another issue is she can not have anything from mouth so, can we still give cannabis suppository as few suggested not to use it empty stomach?

4. We are planning to order C0210R series from cbdinternational dot net, has anybody tried them, they have mentioned that the content is majorly THC with very high percentage of upto 80% ?

5. We are also parallely trying to get lecithin from USA imported and can try syringe route but we dont know whether the syringe administred liquid will stay inside her, as she is mostly lying in an elevated position, otherwise she is feeling nauseated incase she lies down on side or lie down straight (Havent imagined life can be so cruel) ?

We are fighting against time and doctors have told us to take her home and provide palliative care, we dont want to lose hope and we havent told her that she will not live for long, because we still believe in a miracle and something will happen to help her live active life for atleast a few more months so that she can meet her dear ones in our hometown (which is 1400 kms away). Doctors have said maximum 3-4 months and may be less.

Awaiting your response eagerly. We are currently in Mumbai, India.

Thanks Sweet sue , stayalive..
We are making suppository through a suppository mould of 1 ml by adding 0.5ml coconut oil and 0.5ml cannabis . But we are trying twice a day. So we will now try suppository thru cocoa butter and cannabis, we don't have lecithin at present.

1. Can you please tell me how much cocoa butter to mix with cannabis oil.

2. Is it always preferred that we should mix the oils by keeping it 24 hrs in refrigerator then cool it down and then again refrigerate for 24 hrs ?

3. Another issue is she can not have anything from mouth so, can we still give cannabis suppository as few suggested not to use it empty stomach?

4. We are planning to order C0210R series from cbdinternational dot net, has anybody tried them, they have mentioned that the content is majorly THC with very high percentage of upto 80% ?

5. We are also parallely trying to get lecithin from USA imported and can try syringe route but we dont know whether the syringe administred liquid will stay inside her, as she is mostly lying in an elevated position, otherwise she is feeling nauseated incase she lies down on side or lie down straight (Havent imagined life can be so cruel) ?

We are fighting against time and doctors have told us to take her home and provide palliative care, we dont want to lose hope and we havent told her that she will not live for long, because we still believe in a miracle and something will happen to help her live active life for atleast a few more months so that she can meet her dear ones in our hometown (which is 1400 kms away). Doctors have said maximum 3-4 months and may be less.

Awaiting your response eagerly. We are currently in Mumbai, India.

hello

I can only tell what I did. what cannabis oil are you giving her now? THC and CBD %?

I take before bed time
60mg THC sub lingual
60mg THC rectal suppository
60mg THC vaginal suppository

morning
10mg THC sub lingual

3 hours later
65mg CBD sub lingual

3 hours later
65mg CBD sub lingual

the suppositories are according to the Bio Bomb recipe from the forum here and please if someone can give him the link

I do a 5:1 mix and put it in capsules and use the capsules as suppositories. no problem for me and it works fine

regarding the cannabis oil you mentioned from CBD international do you know the exact amount of THC and CBD etc? this would be helpful for the mix

the 5:1 mix is 4g Virgin Olive Oil 1g Sunflower Lecithin and 1g Cannabis Oil

sorry again that I can't link you to the thread/posting. I am sure someone will do it

I also take each day selen, omega3, Curcumin capsules. 2 capsules apigenin 30 minutes before I take the CO
and as I wrote before the psyllium husk very well know in India

don't lose hope and ask as many questions you like

1. Could you handle the gelatin capsules by hand to fill the mixture ?

2. My mother cant take anything from mouth at the moment, and thus we can only do rectal suppositories.

My questions are more specific for her, and wondering what to do since gelatin capsules are also not readily available here, so we are currently using coconut oil as carrier in 1:1 ratio - 0.5 ml coconut oil and 0.5 ml cannabis oil in a 1 ml.

3. We have not got any data about THC content of current oil (It is indica strain which is supposed to have high THC but what we are locally getting here, those people are setting up a laboratory for the same.) CBD international claiming the THC content will be 80%, also they have recommended to use cocoa butter to create suppository and take the entire 1 gm equivalent in one go at night.

So basic questions now:

1. Whether we can give 1 ml in one go at night.

2. What should be the composition of cocoa butter : cannabis oil in case we want to make our own suppositories ?

3. Can you handle empty gelatin capsules by hand, can you send us a link from where you bought those ?
Will this work : Now Foods, Healthy Foods, Double "00" Gelatin Caps, 750 Empty Capsules - iHerb.com

4. Is lechitin + virgin olive oil combination is better than cocoa butter as a carrier ?

Running against time here, with mother vomiting 10-15 times a day despite getting all kinds of anti-vomit meds in a cancer special hospital (Tata Memorial Hospital).

Regards,
Piyush

2. My mother cant take anything from mouth at the moment, and thus we can only do rectal suppositories.

My questions are more specific for her, and wondering what to do since gelatin capsules are also not readily available here, so we are currently using coconut oil as carrier in 1:1 ratio - 0.5 ml coconut oil and 0.5 ml cannabis oil in a 1 ml.

3. We have not got any data about THC content of current oil (It is indica strain which is supposed to have high THC but what we are locally getting here, those people are setting up a laboratory for the same.) CBD international claiming the THC content will be 80%, also they have recommended to use cocoa butter to create suppository and take the entire 1 gm equivalent in one go at night.

So basic questions now:

2. What should be the composition of cocoa butter : cannabis oil in case we want to make our own suppositories ?

3. Can you handle empty gelatin capsules by hand, can you send us a link from where you bought those ?
Will this work : Now Foods, Healthy Foods, Double "00" Gelatin Caps, 750 Empty Capsules - iHerb.com

4. Is lechitin + virgin olive oil combination is better than cocoa butter as a carrier ?

Running against time here, with mother vomiting 10-15 times a day despite getting all kinds of anti-vomit meds in a cancer special hospital (Tata Memorial Hospital).

Regards,
Piyush

I can say that I have no problem to handle the gelatin capsules by hand when filling and when intake

suppositories usage should be fine but maybe split in 2-3 times a day. there some with more knowledge than me therefore I said I can tell you what I did

be strong

sorry to hear that. I have ovarian cancer stage 4 and I used cannabis oil sub lingual, rectal suppository and vaginal suppository.

are you in the USA?

are you able to receive private messages?

I will try to help you if I can with all the info what I did.

how old is your mother?

She is only 53 years

So basic questions now:

Regards,
Piyush

Good morning Piyush :hug:

It's recommended that you always have some food in the system before a dose of cannabinoids. They use a tremendous amount of energy, so at least a spoon of coconut oil about 15-30 minutes before dosing. Copious amounts of water are also called for. Keep her sipping water. Anytime she mentions thirst, give her more water. It's hard to get too much water in.

1. You can handle the capsules by hand, but you can easily make a simple jig by shoving the bottom sections of the capsules into a piece of bread. Some have made simple jigs with many items. You only need some way to keep them upright while you fill them.

2. Our formulations for biobombs won't work in formed suppositories, which is one of the reasons we went with capsules. That concentration has been successful in the past due to the overwhelming levels of cannabinoids, but giving it to the patient in one high dose a day is problematic for me.

Cannabinoids circulate, do their duty if possible, and then get eliminated from the system at large, either being eliminated or hiding in fat stores. For this reason we recommend 4-5 doses a day, splitting the daily dose up. In this way you create a more level endocannabinoid tone and lessen the risk that the system may feel overwhelmed enough to shut down some of the receptors we're targeting.

The regimen laid out by stayalive is excellent. I recommend you follow her lead there, and in making contact with Mara's crew. They aren't yet fans of the suppository route, so be prepared to be forceful on that point.

Now for the basic questions:

1. My recommendation would be to split the 1 gram up. Actually, I recommend you make biobombs at the 5:1 Mix and use those, ignoring the cannabinoid count. What I mean by that is you'll be using less than a gram a day at first, but you'll be healing in a way that would be comparable to that straight 1:1 suppository you were making. By including the liquid sunflower lecithin and refrigerating it for the suggested 24 hours the lecithin encapsulates the cannabinoids bonded to the carrier oil and increases the bioavailability dramatically.

Less concentrated oil needed to get better healing results. Here's the link to the BioBomb instructions:

https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/biobombs-cannabis-oil-kick.356122/

4-5 suppository doses a day is where many settle for the most effective treatment. Most of us don't eat all of our day's food at one meal. We don't recommend you do that with your meds either.

2. See the BioBomb link above.

3. Those are the same capsules I use. I've already explained the handling of the capsules. If your doing them by hand try holding them with a tissue if your hands are sweaty. You're not holding them all that long, but sweaty hands can be a challenge.

4. The addition of lecithin will potentiate any cannabinoid med. The liquid sunflower lecithin is even more effective at this task, enough so that most of us don't even consider granular soy lecithin. However, lecithin added to the suppositories you're making now will make them unusable as suppositories. They won't hold the shape.

Carrier oils are another matter. If you're forming suppositories by hand, coconut is your choice, because it will hold its shape. If she was taking capsules by mouth I'd recommend olive oil, because as a long-chained fatty acid it gets absorbed into the system before the First-Pass through the liver, where the cannabinoids are metabolized. We don't want them metabolized before they have a chance to do their signalling.

If you're using biobombs as suppositories, use olive oil.

Since you're going the anal route with formed suppositories this isn't a concern. Use coconut oil. Be careful about placement. You want to be just inside the sphincter muscle. Don't worry about leakage. The sphincter is a strong muscle, and if any leaks you can wipe up. The oils will be concentrated enough she'll get cannabinoids in, no worries.

Now..... I realize you're up against a few walls with gathering supplies, so I want to assure you that the suppositories you're making for her now will work, just not as efficiently as our BioBomb recipe will. But cannabinoids are made to signal healing messages to the body, and any cannabinoids into her stressed system is a good thing.

If what you have is the best you can get, run with it. Believe with your whole being that there is something available for her here. Infuse every dose with the healing power of whatever deity you hold dear and anticipate that her cells know what they need to do to ramp up her natural healing potential.

We work with cannabinoids, molecules evolved to create an atmosphere of spontaneous healing in the body. This is what the body itself is evolved to do. Have every expectation that she will benefit from your actions. If nothing else you'll help her make her passage from this realm to the next with more dignity and much less pain.

I wish you every bit of luck the cosmos can throw your way. This is a wonderful thing you do for your mother. It takes great courage to make this effort. There are no guarantees, and we're all terminal cases in the end, encased in these bodies we travel around in, but there's no reason I can see to give up. When her time comes she'll pass, but it doesn't have to be cancer that forces her leaving your loving family behind. She's still young. I'm 63, and I know I still have another 30 years to play. I'd bet your mother feels the same way.

The first couple posts of this thread lay out the instructions for both demethylation and competitive inhibition. Post #50, on page 4 has Cajun's instructions for making the type of suppository you're using right now, with instructions for insertion. I highly recommend you follow his instructions for demethylation and competitive inhibition. KingstonRabbi strongly recommends 2 apigenin capsules before every dose. In his opinion it made all the difference in the effectiveness of the doses.

It's a bit overwhelming, but we're here to help you wade through it. :hug:

Piyush,

#1: Never measure life in months when you still have options. Ignore the doctor's life expectancy figures as much as you can. You have a great one in the cannabis oil suppositories you're making now, and when you get the capsules (yes, those are the ones I use too) and make bio bombs with olive oil and lecithin it will get even better.

#2: I'm going to repeat myself - The single most important thing in treating cancer is to dose every 4-5 hours rather than take it all in single large dose at bedtime. Much of super-sized doses gets wasted because the body can't use that much at once, it gets metabolized and leaves the system before it can do any good. Also it leaves 3/4 of the day for cancer to resume growing. And it will be much easier to tolerate steady lower doses than surge of single high dose. It's the same total amount of oil per day, but it does so much more a little at a time.

#3: Most of cannabis oil is absorbed within 30 min and even faster when mixed with lecithin, so your mother won't have to hold it very long to get full benefit of smaller doses. (my own personal experience, not based on an actual study)

#4: Stayalive mentioned sublingual doses. Try a very small dose, 10mg. If your mother can manage it may help with nausea and also prime the body for the rectal dose.

And thank you for doing all you're doing for her!:thanks:
:hug:

Piyush,

#1: Never measure life in months when you still have options. Ignore the doctor's life expectancy figures as much as you can. You have a great one in the cannabis oil suppositories you're making now, and when you get the capsules (yes, those are the ones I use too) and make bio bombs with olive oil and lecithin it will get even better.

#2: I'm going to repeat myself - The single most important thing in treating cancer is to dose every 4-5 hours rather than take it all in single large dose at bedtime. Much of super-sized doses gets wasted because the body can't use that much at once, it gets metabolized and leaves the system before it can do any good. Also it leaves 3/4 of the day for cancer to resume growing. And it will be much easier to tolerate steady lower doses than surge of single high dose. It's the same total amount of oil per day, but it does so much more a little at a time.

#3: Most of cannabis oil is absorbed within 30 min and even faster when mixed with lecithin, so your mother won't have to hold it very long to get full benefit of smaller doses. (my own personal experience, not based on an actual study)

#4: Stayalive mentioned sublingual doses. Try a very small dose, 10mg. If your mother can manage it may help with nausea and also prime the body for the rectal dose.

And thank you for doing all you're doing for her!:thanks:
:hug:

Thanks a lot to all of you, you have been of immense help. I have placed an order and hopefully receive lecithin and gelatine caps in a week. Till then I am going to make cocoa butter + cannabis oil suppository so that we give 4 times a day, each time 0.25 ml equivalent, with 0.75 ml/gms cocoa butter. We have two sizes of moulds:
1. 1 ml mould
2. 1.7 ml mould

Which one should we use pls ?

Thanks a lot for giving us so much time and detailed guidance. Will try to follow as much as possible.

Biggest problem currently is she has complete block in bowel movement and is hospitalized with a NG tube down her throat. Nothing is allowed from mouth including water at the moment. Our only hope is that the tumor shifts/reduces a little and her intestines get opened a little so that something can be started by mouth.

She is continuously on IV fluids and TPN food through peripheral IV line, doctors are trying to send her home for palliative care at home so that she can pass away without TPN (Its difficult to administer TPN at home). We are pushing them to keep her in hospital so that the medical care is there and we can meanwhile work on cannabis.

We havent lost hope and we intend to fight the disease, my mother also havent given up on hopes of living.

We are assuming that the food through IV and cannabis through suppositories will help in sometime and improve her condition.

Thanks a lot to all of you, you have been of immense help. I have placed an order and hopefully receive lecithin and gelatine caps in a week. Till then I am going to make cocoa butter + cannabis oil suppository so that we give 4 times a day, each time 0.25 ml equivalent, with 0.75 ml/gms cocoa butter. We have two sizes of moulds:
1. 1 ml mould
2. 1.7 ml mould

Which one should we use pls ?

1 ml suppositories are easier to keep contained in lower 2 cm of rectum. If you insert farther than 3 cm then some of cannabis oil goes into portal vein and to liver where it will be metabolized. So smaller is better in that respect.

Back
Top Bottom