A beginner to novice Caregiver - That really does care!

rockstar420

I like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain....

Now that I got that out of the way, I am a Legal Caregiver and Patient in the state of MI. The main reason I started growing myself was to help out my wives friends mother, we well call her Bertha, Bertha has cancer and she cant afford Simpson oil it at roughly $30 a day to medicate, I of course thought hell its a weed, it must be easy! So I set out on my new mission to grow medical marijuana, so I went through the legal process, my wife, my father, Bertha all got registered; naming me as the caregiver.

Now that I had that out of the way it was time to get started,I thought all I have to do is toss some seeds in the ground and water them.... HAHA as you know I was most definitely quickly corrected. I soon found out there is a WHOLE WORLD of possibility's, different strains, different growing methods, different lights, I mean the list goes on and on.

I suddenly realized I had signed up for WAY more then i realized. The time, the money, the TIME it was going to take to get this figured out, the realization that I now have committed to another full time job, I realized I just gave up my evenings after work, I realized I couldnt take anything but short vacations because I had to tend the plants.

That is exactly when I understood that I would never go back, I had fallen in love with growing! It is incredibly relaxing, its fun, and there is ALWAYS more to learn. If your still reading I look forward to sharing information and growing as a grower with all of you growers! Some of you have already helped me a ton without even knowing (reading these forums). I hope that I am able to contribute, Thanks for all the great info!

:bravo:

Got yourself into some mighty big garden clogs....I'm excited about getting started, but I just want to go small in case I flop. What are the challenges of growing in a cold climate? Indoors I would assume? And how did you start? With what strain, soil or soil substitute, lights, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain....

Now that I got that out of the way, I am a Legal Caregiver and Patient in the state of MI. The main reason I started growing myself was to help out my wives friends mother, we well call her Bertha, Bertha has cancer and she cant afford Simpson oil it at roughly $30 a day to medicate, I of course thought hell its a weed, it must be easy! So I set out on my new mission to grow medical marijuana, so I went through the legal process, my wife, my father, Bertha all got registered; naming me as the caregiver.

Now that I had that out of the way it was time to get started,I thought all I have to do is toss some seeds in the ground and water them.... HAHA as you know I was most definitely quickly corrected. I soon found out there is a WHOLE WORLD of possibility's, different strains, different growing methods, different lights, I mean the list goes on and on.

I suddenly realized I had signed up for WAY more then i realized. The time, the money, the TIME it was going to take to get this figured out, the realization that I now have committed to another full time job, I realized I just gave up my evenings after work, I realized I couldnt take anything but short vacations because I had to tend the plants.

That is exactly when I understood that I would never go back, I had fallen in love with growing! It is incredibly relaxing, its fun, and there is ALWAYS more to learn. If your still reading I look forward to sharing information and growing as a grower with all of you growers! Some of you have already helped me a ton without even knowing (reading these forums). I hope that I am able to contribute, Thanks for all the great info!

:bravo:

Welcome, Rockstar, from one Michigander to another!!! I think there are a lot of us Michigan folk on here. Everyone is great and is tons of help. It is a very mature forum... (now that the maturity comment is out there) Even the Ohio folk seem nice ... ... ... JKJK I live way down river almost to Toledo so I guess the Yoopers would probably consider me Ohio folk hahaha. I grew up north of Battle Creek though. :welcome:

Back
Top Bottom