A dillemma

Only Carriage

Hello everyone, this is my first post. Let me introduce myself.

I'm a distance runner who currently runs cross country and track for a division 3 college. I'm also pretty much a daily smoker. I use weed to open my mind and take care of my head. The miracle plant has made me a better person for sure. It's also helped my runnig exstensively. Running is 90 percent mental, and I find that concentrating is alot easier after a bowl or two of some tree. It also makes the experience of running alot more rewarding. Running really is it's own reward, and it actually can get you pretty high (the brain releases endorphins when your done). But I don't think that running and pot need to be mutually exlusive.

after saying that, there is ONE problem. I've noticed my racing hasn't really improved over the last couple of weeks and my friend on the team says that I should quit smoking. He said that the smoke in a joint is worse than cigarettes, and said that studies have shown that. My question is, does anyone know what he's talking about? Also, I was thinking about picking up a vape, and the vaporgeenie looks like a good buy. Does anyone have any perspective to give me?

There are two things about smoking weed that make it more "harmful" than cigarettes:
1. No filter.
2. Length of time you hold it in.

That being said, there are no studies that prove to my satisfaction (as a social scientist) that marijuana has more carcinogens or irritants than cigarettes. Period.

Marijuana is a downer. If you're getting lit then running a few miles it's gonna slow you down most likely. But, if its the smoke you worry about get a vaporizer. Then tell your friend to come smoke some bud.

please watch this video...John Akpata At Carleton University - April 1, 2008, Parts 1 and 2

there is a great part in there about cigs vs pot, cigarette's are ALOT worse for you then pot, you have never heard of anyone dieing from pot have you?

you need to show your friend that video to, becuase they dont know what their talking about.

i have been smoking pot for years and years, hap open heart surgery last year and the doc said i have the lungs of a 7 year old, that they were perfect. i have never smoked cigs.

people like you friend make me sick, no offense, but he/she is just spitting lies out their mouth.

There is a court in my area...I used to go down and play everyday, I am really good at basketball..When Im stoned anyway.

. Now I don't know if it is the pot that did it, but for some reason I shoot WAY better when I high

Back
Top Bottom