A few questions

GIjose

#1Is it a good rule of thumb to start introducing nutrients when you see the second node or before? I'm speaking particularly anything that would help the root system develop.
#2 Is there any nutrients specifically for seedlings? From research I've done and for my first grow I found that using Superthrive helped the seedlings on my last grow.
#3 How many of your seedlings have you had grew one leaf way longer than the other?
Finally my Battle Buddy is going to give me 2 $100 OG , and 1 GG4. He hasn't pop them yet. So my question is when will it be too late to integrate fresh seedlings to the grow I just started? My grow is currently on day 7 apologies if this is not the right Forum to post these questions in.

The best thing you can do to develop a good root system is to water correctly. Taking the plant through a wet/dry cycle forces the plant to send out roots looking for water. Superthrive is ok, but use it sparingly... and it has killed many plants in the bloom mode. You can supplement the soil in ways that allow for rapid root and plant growth too, look into @Vulx and check out my 2 week old plants:
DSCF7501.JPG
Nutrients can be given from the time they sprout, if you dare. Given in the right amounts, like I have done above, nutrients can supercharge a plant into hydro type growth speed... Check out MegaCrop ... it is what I am using.

You really dont want to stagger generations of plants in the same grow space, unless you can separate them with a tent or in a different room. 7 days is nothing though... go ahead and start the new ones as soon as possible. Give the new seedlings some nutrients and not the older ones... so that they all catch up with each other. Nutrients are not magic... use them as the tools they are. :)
:morenutes:

The best thing you can do to develop a good root system is to water correctly. Taking the plant through a wet/dry cycle forces the plant to send out roots looking for water. Superthrive is ok, but use it sparingly... and it has killed many plants in the bloom mode. You can supplement the soil in ways that allow for rapid root and plant growth too, look into @Vulx and check out my 2 week old plants:
DSCF7501.JPG
Nutrients can be given from the time they sprout, if you dare. Given in the right amounts, like I have done above, nutrients can supercharge a plant into hydro type growth speed... Check out MegaCrop ... it is what I am using.

You really dont want to stagger generations of plants in the same grow space, unless you can separate them with a tent or in a different room. 7 days is nothing though... go ahead and start the new ones as soon as possible. Give the new seedlings some nutrients and not the older ones... so that they all catch up with each other. Nutrients are not magic... use them as the tools they are. :)
:morenutes:
Thanks for the info! I was a bit leery of giving nutrients to my little ones. On my last grow my root balls weren't where I would hoped it would have been. And I didn't want to make the same mistakes on this grow that I'm doing now. Would you recommend that wet dry cycle when they are as little as they are now? I know their roots don't go as far as the Solo cups are.

within 3 days a seedling that has popped the surface will also send its tap root down to the bottom of the solo cup. Follow the 3x the diameter of the plant rule... if its a little sprig barely 1/2 inch across, just water in a little circle around it, and don't let it swim in the soil. Water with just a small amount 2 times a day as long as you are following this rule. Soon, 3x the diameter is the entire cup, and then yes, water the entire cup to the point of runoff. Use nutes if you wish, but again I recommend MegaCrop because this new technology will not let you overfeed your plant. It is very easy to go overboard with most of the nutes available today, and it is generally not recommended to use nutes during the early life of this plant.

Once you have watered the entire cup, do NOT water again until the plant has used all of the water stored in that soil... use the lift method to determine that there is NO water weight before watering.
Read about this method, the wet/dry cycle and why we successively uppot and how to tell when to do it, in my watering thread, referenced in my signature lines below.

When you have time and if you don't mind can you please take a look at my girls let me know what you think? I had some concerns of some of the sprouts. You'll see what I'm talking about am I posting. Sorry about the typo I was using speak to text. LOL

Back
Top Bottom