Extra seedling care please help

WestSideGrow

Extra seedling care. HELP.
Info- bagseed,2 gallon pot, fox farms medium, outdoor, so-cal. 3 days old today,
My question is, is there any extra seedling care, or anything I can give my seedling to reach it's full potential?
- westsidegrow.

Re: Extra seedling care please help.

... what Foxfarm medium?

If it is ocean forest do not give it any nutes ... for a long time!

Yes, ocean forest. And recently I've been sprouting new seedlings and they strangely keep dying like , shrivilling up? Could this be because of the heat ? I live in so cal, recently the temp outside has been 106-110. They are outdoor plants.

Hi mate,
Im not familiar with Fox Farms products, but take Buckshots advice!!:thumb:
He know what he s saying mate, he always gives great info on things he knows.. So yeah, if it is strong, maybe your plants died from nutes? OR if it wasnt watered enough it would fry?? I cant really think of any other causes that would kill it like that..
Just let em be for now, water and sun, wait for them to gain size, about 5-6 sets of leaves before, MAYBE, giving a LIGHT dose of N,P,K but wouldnt go too much. Just see how they look after they recover, let em settle then maybe think about adding something..
I use a product called SEASOL, seaweed extract and stuff for roots, and help foliage, it contains basically no N,P,K but may help her out with root development tho, and thats a good thing!
Hope you get it sorted mate.. Catch ya, SMOKEM...

Yes you can not start the seedlings outdoors. At least not in full sun. What I would do if I was you is either try to sprout the seed somewhere very shady like under a tree or under a covered porch or with some cloth tented above it to block most of the sun. Or you can bring it inside and put a light on it.

Literally just about any light bulb is powerful enough to flower a sprout. It would be best if you could find a 6500k spectrum bulb though. Dont let it be close enough were it heats up the sprout keep it just out of that range.

Right now if you have a new sprout in the full Cali sun it will die. It needs to be babied big time and get very mellow low light for awhile.

Dont add nutes either for like 3 weeks or 4.

The strong sun combined with the heat right now is enough to burn even fully established plants. The little sproutlings have 0 chance. My favorite spot if wanting to keep it under a nice tree were the sprout would barley get any straight direct light.

Either way if you start your seedling indoors or out you will need to acclimate once it gets to be about 9-12 inches tall, maybe as small as 7 inches. Basically you will slowly day by day move it out into the light more and more slowly. Over the course of about 2 weeks you should be able to get it into full sun. Just keep in mind I currently have to cover many of my plants or put them under trees right now or else they would be burning. In a month or so once temps are not in the 100s anymore it wont be such a issue and they can handle full sun again.

Thanks, Everyone. Yeah I figured this cali sun would burn them to a crisp, I currently have a germinating seed in some fox farms ocean forest soil with a cfl lamp on it but no to close :). But i will be moving her outside once she gets bigger.

One little tip which may help shading your girls without resttricting all light.. Get some fine mosquito mesh and suspend that over your plant.. It shades it, allows air and also may stop some flying bugs landing on her:) Just a thought mate... And the temp s must be crazy over there atm!!!

Great ideas :) !
And you have no idea ! Recently reached 115 !
Crazy temps! Definitely Keeping my Seedlings shaded up !
How long do you think I can keep ONE seedling indoors under a small cfl desk lamp ?

Back
Top Bottom