A Huge - Literally! - Dilemma! Putting plants outside for flowering

flexy123

Ok here first a short summary about my current grow: I am in Southern Spain and we're usually vegging in a greenhouse. When plants are about 45cm or so we put them upstairs (outside) on a sunroof where there is a crazy amount of sun for flowering. This is my second grow, THIS time we're growing a mix of feminized like Jack Herer, Somango, Northern Lights etc. in HEMPY BUCKETS, so it's basically Hydro. (My last grow was organic in soil).

The plan is to put the plants upstairs for flowering but I will be using Promix then (which is non-fertilized, soilless) to continue with the same Nutes. So basically a Hydro grow outside. Promix because it can hold water better and the roots can also hold better once they're outside. (I dont think putting Hempy buckets outside would be a good idea, this is why I got the Promix)

HERE IS THE ACTUAL PROBLEM

We started with the Hempie buckets back in February and the plants really, "exploded" like people told me. They're growing BIG and super, super-fast. They're already at 50cm height in the greenhouse (18/6, CREE CXB 3590 LEDs).

Now, the problem is I cannot move them outside NOW since, according to my calculations, it's already too late. They would probably start flowering for a while but then re-veg. Say I put them outside for flowering (this week) end of April, then they would be out the entire month May and June. But I believe they would re-veg in May, so it would screw up the entire grow.

I did a lot of research about when to put plants outside, and the general advice is that "most growers" who started plants indoors in 18/6 put their plants out ABOUT JUNE 1ST "to avoid any chance of premature flowering".

In other words: I would have to keep the plants in the greenhouse until June 1st, then put 'em upstairs, then they would veg another month or two and THEN start flowering late July, August.

(Any pro grower tell me whether this is right)

Since the plants are growing at a ridiculous rate right now, this would mean those plants would become INCREDIBLY, RIDICULOUSLY BIG. I cannot even imagine having them in the greenhouse another month like this (at the current grow rate), and then another several months outside where they would also veg some time, and then flower.

At this point I don't even know whether we can do it, I mean it's legal here to grow for personal use, this is not my problem. It's just the idea they would grow at the current rate for several months.

The other option would be I make my greenhouse "lightproof" (which it isn't yet) and then flower in the greenhouse putting my lights at 12/12.

I just want some input by "pros" confirming that putting the plants outside for flowering NOW (or in the next week) would be a bad idea since they definitely would start to reveg in a month.

Thanks!

If it were me, I would just manually move them every day to a dark room after they have 12 hours of light. May be a pain in the butt, but you will get the best results in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom