A new grower here having serious problem with my plant

@spina420 you mentioned making your own calmag from eggshells and epsom salt- how often have you been feeding your babies with this mix, what is the ratio in the mix and how is it being applied to the soil media?

I did this in a previous grow and had some great results from a recipe I sought out on the internets but I also had some bad luck with one of my plants. I read somewhere that an excess of magnesium can cause your leaves to scorch but im not sure if this is correct when applied through a foliar spray or added directly to the soil media, but your leaves looked just like mine did after using the egg shell/ epsom salt concoction.

Anyone else have any experience with this?
Liqurd

This happen to me exactly a day after I fed DIY cal mag to soil (3 days after repotting, too.)
I can think of so many things that could contribute to my problem, but def DIY cal mag is a problem I can think of.
I am not sure about how mag can affect my plants. but excessive anything is not pleasing my ladies so I will mix mag lime to my soil instead of feeding my DIY liquid ( lime is slower release than liquid i believe.)

You're over watering. The only way out is to let them dry out completely until they droop, then repot again in some Ocean Forest. I recommend Ocean Forest because it has enough nutrients in it to help your plant recover without over fertilizing. Shake as much of the old medium off of them as you can, to get rid of the wet dirt. If you take them out of the pots and the roots are still white, you're okay. But it they're brown and stink, you're going to have to try and clone it, or just start over. Let your plants start to wilt before you water, and that will help prevent this from happening again. Water them when you replant, but don't over do it. If you can move up to double or triple the size of your original pot that will work much better. Good luck, let me know how it goes!
I am suspecting root rot too…
I will repotting them to new and bigger pot (5 gal) as soon as i get right recipe for my soil.
I would like to get Ocean Forest but i can’t find them at where I live. I am searching for DIY Ocean Forest recipe one the net but I have no luck so far. plz let me know if you know any!

I am searching for DIY Ocean Forest recipe one the net but I have no luck so far. plz let me know if you know any!
Do a few searches and read several of the articles and recipes that will show up. The search words you want to use for three different searches are:

super soil for potting plants

subcool super soil

coot's super soil

I just ran a google search using each line above and they all work. The first link is basic info and includes explanations of why or what each of the amendments is. The other two suggested searches are for specifically for marijuana. I found basic and advanced recipes plus articles explaining why some of the ingredients are used. A lot of information is available. Some of the ingredients used in the recipes might not be available but with a bit of looking a substitution can be found.

I grow in coots and can recommend if you have access to RO water and the items in my post here:
Post in thread 'Reave's Perpetual Grow'
Reave's Perpetual Grow

If you can these items you can make it.

You can check this too:

Thread 'Vic's Super Soil Recipes & Notes'
Vic's Super Soil Recipes & Notes

If you google for the things mentioned above by Smoking Wings. try and find a super soil you can access the ingredients for easily.

The soil I use is no till. You just cut down your harvest pull the root ball and use it again.

It seems that he uses fox farm and other commercial Nute. I will dig more deeper into his journals and trying to find a DIY cannabis super soil recipe i can try at where I live.
That was only on one grow about 6+ years ago.
My journal is on going with numerous grows over 6 years in the same journal.
Since my second grow and up to now I have used a Clackamas Coots soil recipe in one form or another and went from 7 gal pots first grow, to 15 gal second grow to 25 gal on 3rd and have stayed 20-25 gal for 5 years.
To do an actual Living Organic Soil grow you really need large pots, 15 gal is pretty much minimum IMO.

I am suspecting root rot too…
I will repotting them to new and bigger pot (5 gal) as soon as i get right recipe for my soil.
I would like to get Ocean Forest but i can’t find them at where I live. I am searching for DIY Ocean Forest recipe one the net but I have no luck so far. plz let me know if you know any!
I'm not a big fan of Miracle Grow potting soil, but if you're going to let them veg for another couple of months, then it would probably work for you. Just don't fertilize at all until you can see new growth, then go really light. And don't feel bad doing this, the only reason I know what to do is because I've done it myself!

Back
Top Bottom