A new grower here having serious problem with my plant

spina420

420 Member
Hello growers
I am new here and this is my second growing experience.
I tried to keep my plants healthy but all of sudden I got this.
I re-potted my plants two weeks ago and went fine.
It gets like this after I fed water for third time after I repotting.
PH is bet 6.3-6, water I gave was dechlorinated water.
I am suspecting that this is nutrition burns or possibly root rot.
but I cant quite figure out what it is.

please help me out

thnx

C5BC1990-B753-4FBA-968F-6F54C3698B19.jpeg

5D345D09-EE69-4C82-B6C6-96A172078F7C.jpeg

8C22A8EE-E00C-46B8-AEFD-EB65666BDB54.jpeg

5FCEFC98-8E0B-489F-972F-AB0ABC2ECE5B.jpeg

to help we need more info, can we get better pics - maybe a few whole plant shots

started from seed or clone?
how old is plant?
what size was the old container?
what size is the new container?
how often do you water?
how much do you give?

if thats a plastic pot…. tilt the container to steep 45 degree angle & prop it overnight up so it won’t tip or roll over… it will force her to take a whizz and pee out the water table that’s stored in container of soil. Plant that size should be able to go a week without water added.

Suspect you are overwatering by not letting soil dry out between water sessions…

dont know beans about hyponex but we encourage folks to use their nutes - plant’s should look awesome. You really don’t want to begin flower with a sick chic.

got loupe? Have you checked for critters? Spider mites, fungus gnats, aphids are easy to transfer so beware of yard work & household pets.. the scent of damp soil and plant material draws pests in anyway tho

edit to add…. ph is too high should be dead nuts on 6.3

my guess is that that soil/medium need be treated like coco,, meaning the ph should be much lower , in the 5.6 range,, and it probably needs water like crazy,, near every day

karma sent to it friend

still need answers from the op - true that it could be under water too

many of us have seen the thing where old rootball doesn’t hookup with the soil it’s nestled by new soil but the roots don’t take over…

I’d try to tilt the container for an hour first to see if she pees… if she takes a whizz then you will know

if it’s dry under her container after an hour of tilt time then hose her down good nutes and all, if there’s any water underneath her then you have been overwatering by not waiting long enough for soil to dry out between watering sessions. If it’s wet underneath then re-tilt for 24 hours

Wow, I cant say enough thanx to u all. great advices.

I think I over watering my pot.
drainage isn’t sufficient enough as i used coco last time but I used peat moss this time.

thanx 013, here is As:

started from seed or clone?
A. it started from seed

“how old is plant?”
A.about two month

“what size was the old container?
what size is the new container?”
A. Old containers are bigger party cups
new containers are 3 litter

“how often do you water?”
A. twice a wk

“how much do you give?”
A. enough to see drain in pan. It’s drainage is about 500 ppm

“if thats a plastic pot…. tilt the container to steep 45 degree angle & prop it overnight ….. Plant that size should be able to go a week without water added.”

I will def try this out

I will take a pic of a whole pot and post it later.

Does anyone see they are lacking nut? should I feed them more?

Thank you!

she stayed way too long in party cup then….

dont water where your roots are, water to where you want your roots to grow

never water a wet soil…

I’d figure out if she needs to pee first then ditto add nutes to very next water session

for most soil types they need to see the range from a fully saturated soil to a fully dried out soil…. it’s called wet dry cycle (exceptions coco or living soil)

my guess is that that soil/medium need be treated like coco,, meaning the ph should be much lower , in the 5.6 range,, and it probably needs water like crazy,, near every day

karma sent to it friend
Nivek

I was surprised to see your reply as many sites advised me to feed them around 6.5 lightly acidic.
should I switch to lower my soil and water PH down to 5 to 6 range?
I kinda understand your opinion as I fed lower PH water, my plants looked way better.

.I think I over watering my pot.
drainage isn’t sufficient enough as i used coco last time but I used peat moss this time.

Peat moss isn’t soil. Your input in soil should be around 6.5, I go in at 6.3.

I believe you treat peat moss as you do coco. 5.7-6.1 more frequently.

What is the exact brand/ingredients of your medium?

depending on the peat moss,, from a bag, out of the ground??

peat moss is very hard to control ph at the best of times,, according to experts

yes, as asked above,, more detailed info about the medium would help,, but for sure i would be ph'ing lower

You can’t change your soil ph by adding water with higher or lower ph value, that’s not how it works.

add your nutes, check ph then adjust to 6.3 and feed

Best bet - buy a good soil Pro-Mix HP, Fox farms, Coast of Maine

don’t buy pre-nuted, miracle gro, or stuff that feeds for 3 months.

coco is not the same as soil…

You can’t change your soil ph by adding water with higher or lower ph value, that’s not how it works.

add your nutes, check ph then adjust to 6.3 and feed

Best bet - buy a good soil Pro-Mix HP, Fox farms, Coast of Maine

don’t buy pre-nuted, miracle gro, or stuff that feeds for 3 months.

coco is not the same as soil…
They’re apparently in peat moss which tends to like the lower end of the scale like coco and soilless mediums.

5.8-6.1 if so, but again we don’t have that little piece of important info. Just “I used peat moss this time”.

I’ve always liked this one for reference.
Coco, Hydro, Peat, Soilless uses the left side, Soil to the right.

6A5790F9-EA43-466B-9F4F-FF3E965F6844.png

Back
Top Bottom