A top nutrient study - Which is the best? Produces most?

Hello all,
I'm a newbie. I'm going to try out Earth Juice line.
After reading this thread, I'm not clearly understand and how to use it;

I've a couple of questions and hope someone takes a few minutes to give me a clear instruction.

---------------------Cat--------Micro------Grow-------Bloom------Hi-Brix-----Hygrozyme
Week 1 Veg-------5ml--------5ml-------5ml
Week 5 Flower----10ml------5ml--------7.5ml------5ml---------5ml-----------2.5ml

For example;
Week 1 Veg, I mix: 5ml Cat + 5ml Micro + 5ml Grow = 15ml mixture

My question is:
1/ Do I have to add any water to the 15ml-mixture? If yes, then how much water?
2/ Is this 15ml for one plant?

Thank you in advance for your help.

I don't have time to go back and read the original post right this moment. However it's quite safe to assume that it is meant to be in ml- per gallon of water.
You mix the nutrient at 'X' ml/Gallon then use it to saturate your growing medium- assuming you are using a medium and not hydroponics. Just mix up however many gallons of nutrient solution you think you need to saturate your pots, or enough to fill your hydro reservoir, if you are growing hydro. Understand what I mean?

I'm going to use super soil

My questions are:
1/ Is it worth to use Earth Juice with Super soil?
2/ Is it too much nutrients?

Please advise. Thank you.

ok all i grow 8 plants using G.O. and the posters modified feeding, on swiss cheese, blue dream haze and mekong high, and am very happy with the results of all but the mekong high, the cheese and bdh was just great, nice and sticky and covered with crystals....
running it again with blue dream haze, bubba kush and jack herer , will post up date on them as it gos ......

Time to tell the truth.. I read this for years so i gave it a try..
My first harvest i used earth juice.. No tricromes. No smell , low quality.. Hairy weed..
2nd. Try on different strain..
It made the 2nd grow look and smell identtical to the first one..
Low quality, no tricromes and smell.

Earth juice is a joke.. I understand if your doing outdoor and big plants but these days quality,earth juice will not cut it.. Iw ill never use eartth juice again. That stuff is weak and the results speak for it self..

Test 4 Fox Farm Full line = Grow Big (6-4-4)- Tiger Bloom (2-8-4)- Big Bloom (0.01-0.3-0.7)- Open Sesame (5-45-19)- Beastie Bloomz (0-50-30) - Cha-ching (9-50-10)

I've been eager to write about Fox farm for some time. It's an extremely popular and effective chemical based product. If you've read the above information than you understand the importance of a "living" substrate. A diverse and rich bacterial and fungal balanced medium contains enough beneficial organisms to out compete pathogens and disease causing bacteria and creates accessible stored nutrient content. Chemical fertilizers kill off much of the microbial life and allow for limited forms of absorption and resistance to disease. When some microbial life dies off the fragile "circle of life" follows. If for example we eliminated bacterial life, this will lead to an abundance of fungus. Enzymes produced from fungus are acidic. This drives the pH down creating nutrient lock-up and unattractive environments for life, specifically bacteria. Fox farm definitely suffers from this chemical kill off scenario. Two major things exposed this to me even before applications. First, all the micro-nutrients are applied through chemical composition with-in the primary grow and bloom products and they are also in Big Bloom. As microbial life is imperative in organic micro-nutrient absorption and chemicals kill microbial life we can infer that Big Bloom under these conditions produces minimal nutrient effectiveness hence most micro-nutrients must be applied chemically. Second, if we refer to the recommended feeding schedule posted on the companies web-site you'll see in week 7 and 8, they call for additional Grow Big. Remember that the majority of bacteria we're interested in are nitrogen loving and retain that specific nute for lengthy periods of time. This is exactly why many organic programs can eliminate nitrogen all together later in flowering. Here, the chemicals have eradicated these bacteria and hence eliminated nitrogen storage capacity requiring an extra dosage. This led me to restructure the schedule. I feel if your going to use chemicals you should apply them as such. Less over more applications. I treated this test as if no soil life was present. I decreased initial nitrogen and then divided it among vegetative and early flowering applications. My primary nitrogen weeks are 2 through 8. This also fell into my "curve" scenario of nutes - building to a maximum and then tapering off towards harvest. In no way do I want to discourage those of you who use Foxfarm, as far as chemical fertilizers go it's extremely effective. I think it's important to understand how your feeding your plants however.

Big Bloom is the all organic additive Fox farm uses. Early applications, with-out chemical additions, promote soil health and lush, consistent growth. After the additions of Grow Big and Tiger Bloom it's effectiveness tapers off. Although some positive effects are noticed the majority of organic nutrients are unavailable and bacterial and fungal life struggles to maintain populations, unable to react with the nutes. I lowered the overall applied amount and it had little impact. The solution is made of effective ingredients. Bat guano, earth worm castings and enzymes. These enzymes are this products saving grace in fact and are the primary reason I continued applying it with the chemicals.

Both Grow Big and Tiger Bloom are highly effective synthetic/chemical compositions. Lacking in diversity really is not an issue here, especially with faster flowering strains like this Skywalker for example. It's extremely predictable and easy to apply. Grow Big produced very rigid, similarly structured plants. Fan leaves were minimal but large and efficient. This is a general theme with this product. Stalk circumference and stem width was smaller and woodier but seemed efficient at transporting fluids and therefore nutes. Tiger Bloom promoted dense, sticky and heavy nuggets. The leaf to bud ratio was very low. Plants seemed to concentrate on building buds when they were suppose to. This resulted in solid harvests and heavy production. The marijuana was less pungent than organic application and the flavor was not as "sweet" but still impressive.

The "solubles" Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz and Cha-ching are all chemical based nutrient boosts designed to add necessary nutrients during the usual growth surges flowering cycles endure. They are all mildly effective. I tried some plants with-out these "solubles" and had very similar results. Buds did however, grow more compact with use and had improved trichrome growth. Harvest was improved from applications of Hygrozyme, I'd imagine any enzyme based formula would be effective. This happens because it improves uptake of Big Bloom associated ingredients and organic matter. I'm convinced the microbial life struggles in this program. Added enzymes did improve nutrient diversity with-out relying on a "living" substrate. Foxfarm generally has low Brix levels.

I've always looked at Fox Farm as junk food for plants. But I even have Twinkies and Doritos in my cabinet. Who's really to say this junk food is not exactly what marijuana likes. This product is sure proof when applied correctly and results in formidable harvests. It did not create stand out numbers but was above average with minimal effort and low cost. I highly recommend it if chemical blends are what your into although highly recommend looking onto organics.

Ok I have been using big bloom and tiger bloom, big bloom 1 tbsp per qt & tiger bloom 1 tsp per qt every other watering. I water every other day. Now my question is if I stop the tiger bloom now and with future grows will the microbial life kill off in the soil not be an issue? I'm currently using Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil which i believe has a lot of microbial life you speak of? I am a new grower and trying to get a handle on the science involved.
Thanks

Excellent work for common sense growers. Thank you. Any info on yield per meter or plant?

Here are the schedules I used and the final Earthjuice schedule I use today as a result of this test. I also included a cost per cycle. I broke each solution into $ per ml and did the math. This could vary if you get better deals on nutes of course but they apply in this test. There is no included schedule for Advanced Nutrients or Bio Canna as I used the manufacturers recommendations.

Test 1 = Earthjuice full line :

$30.50 per cycle or $0.04 per gram produced
-------------Catalyst--------Micro---------Grow---------Bloom-------Meta K

week1 veg-----5ml----------5ml-----------5ml
week2 veg----10ml----------5ml-----------5ml
week3 veg----10ml----------5ml-----------10ml
week4 veg----10ml----------5ml-----------10ml
week5 flower--10ml----------5ml-----------10ml-----------5ml---------2.5ml
week6 flower--10ml----------5ml-----------10ml---------10ml----------2.5ml
week7 flower--10ml----------5ml-----------10ml---------10ml---------2.5ml
week8 flower--5ml-----------5ml-----------15ml---------15ml---------2.5ml
week9 flower--5ml-----------5ml-----------15ml--------20ml---------2.5ml
week10flwer----------------5ml-----------10ml-------- 25ml---------2.5ml
week11flwr-----------------5ml------------------------20ml
week12 FLUSH

Repeat week 3 for veg or 10 for flower extension

Test 2 = Marine Based Nutes :

$34.00 per cycle or $0.05 per gram produced

(I recommend a bloom booster for the following cycle)

---------------Alaska Fish----------N. H.-----N. H. fish--------N. H. Seawd--------N. H.
---------------Fertilizer----------Fish Fert---+Seawd--------------------------Crab Shell

week1veg-------2.5ml-------------------------------------------1.5ml
week2veg-------2.5ml-------------------------------------------1.5ml
week3veg-------2.5ml-------------------------2.5ml
week4 veg------5.0ml
week5flwr-------------------------------------------------------2.5ml
week6flwr-------2.5ml---------------5ml
week7flwr---------------------------7.5ml-----------------------2.5ml
week8flwr---------------------------10ml------------------------2.5ml
week9flwr---------------------------10ml------------------------2.5ml
week10flwr------------------------------------10ml
week11flwr------------------------------------10ml
week12------------FLUSH

Repeat week 4 for veg or week 10 for flower extension

Test 3 = Earth Juice/ Marine based nutes

$17.50 per cycle or $0.03 per gram produced

---------------Alaska--------N.H.Fish-----N.H.---E.J. Bloom--E.J. Cat----E.J. Micro
--------------Fish Fert--------Fert------Seawd

week1veg------2.5ml----------------------------------------2.5ml-------2.5ml
week2veg------2.5ml----------------------------------------5.0ml-------2.5ml
week3veg------2.5 ml-------2.5ml---------------------------5.0ml-------2.5ml
week4veg------5.0ml----------------------------------------5.0ml-------2.5ml
week5flwr-------------------5.0ml-------2.5ml---------------5.0ml-------2.5ml
week6flwr-------------------7.5ml-------2.5ml---------------5.0ml-------2.5ml
week7flwr-------------------5.0ml-------2.5ml------5.0ml----5.0ml-------2.5ml
week8flwr-------------------5.0ml------------------10ml-----10.0ml------5.0ml
week9flwr-------------------5.0ml------------------15ml-----10.0ml------5.0ml
week10flwr------------------5.0ml------------------15ml-----10.0ml
week11------------FLUSH

repeat week 4 for veg and week 10 for flwr extension

Test 4 Foxfarm full line

$49.00 per cycle or $0.07 per gram produced ( $0.04 per gram without additional solubles)

---------------Grow Big---Tiger Bloom--Big Bloom--Open Sesame--Beastie Bloom-Cha Ching

week1veg-------------------------------15ml
week2veg-------------------------------20ml
week3veg-------5ml---------------------20ml
week4veg-------7.5ml-------------------20ml--------1/4tsp
week5flwr-------5ml---------5ml---------------------1/4tsp
week6flwr-------5ml---------7.5ml-------20ml--------1/4tsp
week7flwr-------5ml---------7.5ml-------20ml-----------------------1/4tsp
week8flwr-------5ml---------10ml--------30ml-----------------------1/4tsp
week9flwr-------2.5ml--------10ml--------30ml----------------------------------1/4tsp
week10flwr------2.5ml(opt)---10ml-------20ml----------------------------------1/4tsp
week11flwr-------------------10ml-------20ml----------------------------------1/4tsp
week12flwr-------------------10ml-------20ml----------------------------------1/4tsp
week13--------------FLUSH

repeat week 4 for veg or week 12 for flower extension

EDIT : WEEK 3 should be repeated for extended veg. My apologies (1/27/10) - thanks Legalize Freedom

Test 5 Advanced Nutrients

See the website for application recommendations. I couldn't find the price sheet from this section of research.

Test 6 Dynagro

$17.00 per cycle or $0.03 per gram produced

-----------------Grow-------Bloom--------Protekt

week1veg--------2.5ml--------------------1/8 tsp
week2-4veg------5.0ml--------------------1/4 tsp
week5-7flwr-----------------5.0ml---------1/8 tsp
week8-10flwr----------------7.5ml---------1/8 tsp
week11-------------FLUSH

Repeat week 2 for veg or week 8 for flwr extension

Test 7 Bio-Canna

$128.00 per cycle or $0.17 per gram produced

See Bio-Canna's website for application recommendations.

Test 8 General Organics

$32.00 per cycle or $0.04 per gram produced

------------Bioroot------Grow----CaMag+----Bioweed----Bloom-------Biobud

week1-------5ml---------2.5ml----2.5ml-------2.5ml
week2-------7.5ml-------5.0ml----5.0ml-------2.5ml
week3-------10ml--------7.5ml----5.0ml-------2.5ml
week4-------10ml--------10ml-----5.0ml-------2.5ml
week5flwr----10ml-----------------5.0ml------------------10ml--------2.5ml
week6-------5ml------------------5.0ml-------------------10ml-------2.5ml
week7-------5ml------------------5.0ml-------------------15ml-------2.5ml
week8----------------------------5.0ml-------------------15ml--------2.5ml
week9----------------------------5.0ml-------------------15ml--------2.5ml
week10---------------------------2.5ml-------------------15ml--------2.5ml
week11-------------FLUSH

repeat week 4 for veg or week 10 for flwr extension

Hi brix baby.. Veg brix tested today

lowest and highest

24brix_051.JPG
IMG_1941_1_1.JPG

Nice results!!

What nutrients? Soil?

I dont usually break it down but I will this time to help some newer growers.

Complete veg/mom nute breakdown.
I must say right off the bat.. If you aren't careful with this mix.. and watch your plants.. It can and will force some into flowering even under 18 hours light.. You have been warned.

PPM around 2000

Feed:

1 oz/g Plus C ( Photosynthesis plus outside of Ca.)
Protekt 1/4 tsp/g
Superthrive 1/4 tsp/g
GH Flora series aggressive feed schedule 2 micro 3 grow and 1 bloom tsp/g
1/4 tsp/g Acadian sea Kelp 0.5-0.2-17
5:2 ratio humic acid to kelp so 5/8 tsp/g ( 2.5 times kelp used ) Diamond nectar is what I use
1/8 tsp/g Raw brand Amino Acids
average of about 1/3 oz/g nector for the gods yucca ( I just kinda pour whatever amount for this )

Foliar once about every 10 days with

Superthrive 1/4 tsp/g
Protekt 1/4 tsp/g
Kelp and Fulvic acid 5:2 ratio Acadian kelp 1/4 tsp/g
Ful-power fulvic acid 5/8 tsp/g
Neem oil 1 tbsp/g
Yucca 1 tsp/g

Feel like I am forgetting something but looks right to me.

Soil less in Sunshine mix #4 black bag

under 600w Eye hortilux blue in room with 4x lights on a light rail 5.0

Took forever to squeeze out enough to test.. The harder it is to get a drop the better your brix is. I have noticed when it comes easily without having to press the leaves several times over 6-9 times it is lower than 12-13%

After about 1 month or so you really need to flush well and back off everything cept the GH, superthrive and protekt for about 10-14 days and also go to normal feed 1-1-1 with GH during this time.

I signed up for this forum because of this post. This seems like some empirical stuff...well executed. Wanted to send kudos but will need some time to look the data over. Cheers!

Im new at this, and im in the veg stage right now and am using the Fox Farm trio... I read in Ledtesters post on FF nutes that they can be harmful in lowering beneficial bacteria. Would Mammoth-P be the thing to use to combat that? i have a free sample on the way

Listen... I also read the study many years ago and the earth juice line wired awesome! But, you must brew it in a tea I also supplemented a couple things. You need to brew to stabilize the ph. Also add blackstrap molasses to feed microbes. B vitamin was also added, zone and vitamino. I still use the system and earth juice! Posting pics of my Chernobyl grow. Also have grown Barbara bud, dr who, Timewreck, Jillybean, queries and plushberry. All came out awesome! Take your time to cure properly and you will have the dankest weed around as well as organic! Cheers and good gardening l!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom