A Very Trying Time

DrDave1956

I'm running LA Confidential in a 7 gallon fabric pot filled with CoM's Stonington mix and ammended per their recommendations. Week 7 of flower begins Monday and breeder recommends 6-8 week flowering time. Bottom leaves began to turn lighter about a week ago and now it's a full-on yellowing taking place. The buds are bulking up nicely and you can smell the terps ramping up, but I'm so hyper focused on those discolored leaves that it's FREAKING ME OUT! LoL...

With 2 to 3 weeks left, do I let her ride or make her some tea? I appreciate any comments and have a perfect weekend.

20230224_090450.jpg

20230224_085813.jpg

Welcome to the forum DrD!

When you say you are at week 7 of flower, when is this measured from, flip or first flush of pistils?

Yellowing of the lower leaves is often an N deficiency since it is a mobile nutrient and the plant will move it to where it's most needed (often the upper plant especially the buds), but that's also a fairly common occurrence late in flower as the plant finishes up.

So, determining where you are exactly will help determine whether you should really even try to do anything about it.

Welcome to the forum DrD!

When you say you are at week 7 of flower, when is this measured from, flip or first flush of pistils?

Yellowing of the lower leaves is often an N deficiency since it is a mobile nutrient and the plant will move it to where it's most needed (often the upper plant especially the buds), but that's also a fairly common occurrence late in flower as the plant finishes up.

So, determining where you are exactly will help determine whether you should really even try to do anything about it.
Thank you Azimuth...First definite sign of pistils forming was on 1/18, so the plant has been flowering for 6 weeks 3 days. Week 7 begins on Wednesday.

This is the time to be giving PK boosters, because your plant is now using everything it has stored to finish up those beautiful buds. The deficiency looks like potassium and it is very light... the plant is hardly having to work at finding the K that it needs in those leaves. If you want to avoid this cannibalization, give her some extra K... I like Terpinator around here, and I give it right up to the end.

First definite sign of pistils forming was on 1/18, so the plant has been flowering for 6 weeks 3 days. Week 7 begins on Wednesday.
It is 5 weeks and 3 days of flowering as of yesterday.

It was 1 full week of flowering on the 25th. The second full week of flowering ended Feb 1. It will have been flowering for 6 whole weeks on March 1st.

It is like saying a child is 7 years old on his or her 6th birthday because they are starting their 7th year of life.

It might seem like a minor point but I think it is important enough when we are talking about measuring time to finish and a week is more than 10% of the time involved from start to end.

If you don't feed bloom nutrients the plant will start eating itself (it already started).
So eventually it will get yellow.
But if you start giving it some bloom boosters it might still get yellow leaves, but it won't be nothing to worry about.

If you don't feed bloom nutrients the plant will start eating itself (it already started).
So eventually it will get yellow.
But if you start giving it some bloom boosters it might still get yellow leaves, but it won't be nothing to worry about.
I added fish bone meal in the last week of veg, and again during week 2 of flower, and a small amount of liquid sqiud with recent watering. Thought the langbeinite I added was sufficient, but obviously not. I bought a bottle of Terpinator and I'll be sure to add that along with the P during flower. Thank you very much!

I added fish bone meal in the last week of veg, and again during week 2 of flower, and a small amount of liquid sqiud with recent watering. Thought the langbeinite I added was sufficient, but obviously not. I bought a bottle of Terpinator and I'll be sure to add that along with the P during flower. Thank you very much!

I don't know if terpinator only would do the job.
I'm not very familiar with it.
But I think that it's only an additive to your main bloom fertilizer.
Someone...correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't know if terpinator only would do the job.
I'm not very familiar with it.
But I think that it's only an additive to your main bloom fertilizer.
Someone...correct me if I'm wrong.
I don't use Terpinator either but you are right that it is usually considered just an additive to the regular feeding schedule.

From the Terpinator web site:
+ When should I start using Terpinator?

We recommend starting Terpinator in the Vegetative phase to provide a stockpile of available compounds for use in flowering. If you are using Terpinator for flowering only, start adding Terpinator at the first signs of flower site development or when you change your light cycle. See the full feedchart.

And this from their web site:
+ Can I use Terpinator with my Nutrient Line?

Terpinator is a neutral pH, low PPM additive that can be incorporated to any nutrient regiment with no change to your pre-existing schedule. Be sure to monitor PPM and pH to ensure they are within the desired range after adding any new nutrient to a feed.

My purple marmalade is just about the same age as your plant and looks about to be at the same stage of flowering. I've been feeding the fox farms flowering trio newtz. Your plant is much bigger than mine, she looks really good. I'm going to let mine go about 10 days - 2 weeks more. Good luck

20230227_082213.jpg
Looks like that's going to be a nice harvest...good luck to you as well and enjoy!

Oh ... I'm in coast of Maine Stonington blend too
Hi Chris. What size pot do you grow in and have you added any additional PK during flowering? CoM reco's 1/4 cup fish bone meal in late flower if you're in less than a 10 gallon pot, which I added, but they don't mention K ammendments at all as far as I know. Do you add anything during flower?

My purple marmalade ......

20230227_082213.jpg
Nice looking plant. I have not used Terpinator. Nor have I grown a Purple Marmalade.

But, I have used black plastic pots with that same design when setting up a stealth grow. Placed in front of the weed plant with some bright flowers to distract people when they are looking in the general direction of the outdoor grow area.

I'm in a 8 gallon container. I started her on fox farms flowering nutes at first sign of little hairs. The fox farms open sesame is the first, then beasty blooms and finally cha- ching. They are high powered and really plump up your buds. I also kept giving her some terp tea and bio thrive for flavor and scent.

20230111_072050.jpg

Nice looking plant. I have not used Terpinator. Nor have I grown a Purple Marmalade.

But, I have used black plastic pots with that same design when setting up a stealth grow. Placed in front of the weed plant with some bright flowers to distract people when they are looking in the general direction of the outdoor grow area.
Luv it. When I grew outside I had lots of big tall sunflowers to get ppl looking up and not at the pot plants by their knees

It may look like I disappeared but it's just not true...I harvested the L.A., got 9.75 ozs and this grow was fire...extremely potent and resinous. I want to thank everyone who sent comments my way, as you helped me get through that time perfectly. Thanks again for your EXPERTISE and happy growing.

My purple marmalade is just about the same age as your plant and looks about to be at the same stage of flowering. I've been feeding the fox farms flowering trio newtz. Your plant is much bigger than mine, she looks really good. I'm going to let mine go about 10 days - 2 weeks more. Good luck

20230227_082213.jpg
Sorry for the late reply - the harvest was good, about 9 ozs with 12g of cream colored kief that I dry sifted. What blew me away was the potency - 9 weeks of flowering certainly helped. I hope yours was just as good. Thanks for the reply and happy growing!

I've noticed that organic growing = slower growth, especially newly planted seedlings. As the roots establish relationships with bacteria and fungi in the soil, time slows for the plant and it looks like nothing is happening. Several days later, the plant just takes off and never looks back. For me, organic growing is foolproof, easier and less prone to mistakes. I just popped a Skywalker OG and she's looking good. Happy growing everyone!

20230520_195022.jpg

Back
Top Bottom