I’ve heard the same info too, if you let coco dry out it becomes hydrophobic and resists water. The wet / dry cycle is not really for coco stuff.

Here’s what do if you can - take a big wash tub, bath tub or whatever put 5 inches of lukewarm water in it so as to not shock the plant. Hold the container down cuz it’s gonna want to float or tip over & break branches Let it bottom water and soak up for a couple of 3 to 5 minutes, it will bubble and gurgle that’s perfect. Then pour water down the top. Let it sit for a minute or two and pull the container out. Tilt it to one side then the other, it will suck air down from the top.

Those leaves will not recover but watch new growth at top.

I’m definitely out of my depth on coco but someone will jump in soon with those skills hopefully.

Best of luck my friend!

I’ve heard the same info too, if you let coco dry out it becomes hydrophobic and resists water. The wet / dry cycle is not really for coco stuff.

Here’s what do if you can - take a big wash tub, bath tub or whatever put 5 inches of lukewarm water in it so as to not shock the plant. Hold the container down cuz it’s gonna want to float or tip over & break branches Let it bottom water and soak up for a couple of 3 to 5 minutes, it will bubble and gurgle that’s perfect. Then pour water down the top. Let it sit for a minute or two and pull the container out. Tilt it to one side then the other, it will suck air down from the top.

Those leaves will not recover but watch new growth at top.

I’m definitely out of my depth on coco but someone will jump in soon with those skills hopefully.

Best of luck my friend!
[/QUOTE]
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom