Absolute beginner- thinking of doing a journal from the very first step.

fasttanoy

Hi guys, about a couple of months ago I made the decision to grow and since then I've been lurking these forums and trying to absorb all the information I can.
I believe I am ready now and will be buying the bits of wood I need from my grow room this week and then the rest of the equipment when I get paid.
I've researched all my options and I've decided the best combination for my circumstances would be to grow under a Budmaster II - 675XG in a 50/50 coco coir/perlite mix in 20 litre pots. The strains I'm going to be using are Shiva Skunk and Jack Flash, both acquired on my last Amsterdam trip. I am going to grow two of each strain- one as a control and one to try training techniques on. This will be done in a 3 metre cube enclosure, with a ventilation system and a carbon filter.
The decision to go with a LED light was extremely difficult- one of the motivating factors for me creating a journal was that at the moment the only journals on the web using that light seem to be from seasoned veterans (who each had great results) so I thought it would be comforting for someone in my position seeing a newbie having a crack at it.
I'm hoping this will be a symbiotic relationship whereby if I document the whole process from grow room build to curing it will both show people who haven't grown before that it is achievable and it will allow those with experienced eyes to pick up on the inevitable mistakes I will make.
I'd be happy to hear any feedback or advice you could offer as I approach this extremely exciting endeavour!

fasttanoy, we want to :welcome: you to :420:. We are glad that you are here. Growing your own is a lot of fun. We are trying to spread the word about the benefits of cannabis and hemp globally. New Member Start Links has many links that I feel would benefit you in your endeavors. It will be fun to watch your journal and how your plants thrive. There are a lot of kind and helpful people here. Good luck with your grow. :peace: :Namaste:

Hi guys, about a couple of months ago I made the decision to grow and since then I've been lurking these forums and trying to absorb all the information I can.
I believe I am ready now and will be buying the bits of wood I need from my grow room this week and then the rest of the equipment when I get paid.
I've researched all my options and I've decided the best combination for my circumstances would be to grow under a Budmaster II - 675XG in a 50/50 coco coir/perlite mix in 20 litre pots. The strains I'm going to be using are Shiva Skunk and Jack Flash, both acquired on my last Amsterdam trip. I am going to grow two of each strain- one as a control and one to try training techniques on. This will be done in a 3 metre cube enclosure, with a ventilation system and a carbon filter.
The decision to go with a LED light was extremely difficult- one of the motivating factors for me creating a journal was that at the moment the only journals on the web using that light seem to be from seasoned veterans (who each had great results) so I thought it would be comforting for someone in my position seeing a newbie having a crack at it.
I'm hoping this will be a symbiotic relationship whereby if I document the whole process from grow room build to curing it will both show people who haven't grown before that it is achievable and it will allow those with experienced eyes to pick up on the inevitable mistakes I will make.
I'd be happy to hear any feedback or advice you could offer as I approach this extremely exciting endeavour!

Yes i want to watch this from build to harvest :tokin:

Nice to see you on 420mag posting. an not wait to read or see your setup. I wish you the best and as always keep it growing green.

Hi guys, glad to see a few people keen!
At the moment I'm just finalising the size of my grow room and one concern I have is the smell of the plants getting out into the house (on my work clothes etc.) during the time when I'm inspecting the plants and the room in no longer air-locked. I have been thinking or building a secondary enclosure to stand in to inspect the plants but is this overkill or a sensible idea?

Back
Top Bottom