Aloha From A Beginner

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Will11 Is the weather still between 75 and 85 year round?
I live on Oahu for three years, great place.

Tell us about yourself, have you been growing long?
Are you growing now?
Do you have any images of pass grows?

If you want to see what other growers are doing look here.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

This is for when your ready to start a journal.

How to Make a Grow Journal

Also, after you have over 50 posts, you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests

Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Aloha Friends,

I have been growing just under a year here on Oahu. I am a medical user. I have learned a lot this past year and made lots of mistakes. Some successes and some failures, but it’s still been really fun. I have grown exclusively autos and am trying to take advantage of the year round growing weather we have here. I have a grow tent for nights but take plants out in the day for old fashion sunshine. My first grow was a huge success (by my beginner standards… a little over 2oz dry per auto -plant). I guess it was beginners luck because I have struggled getting most seeds past germination/seedling since then. I’m looking forward to learning from so many generous experts on this site. I hope I’m able to give back as I gain experience.

All the best,
Will11
Wow lots of traction and help here already :cool: my first auto grow was not as successful as 2oz a plant so you did good lol.... And yup agreed with the group ya got here...start a journal so we can watch you do your thing....who knows you might be able to teach us something that you discovered.

Have a great day growmie welcome.

Wow lots of traction and help here already :cool: my first auto grow was not as successful as 2oz a plant so you did good lol.... And yup agreed with the group ya got here...start a journal so we can watch you do your thing....who knows you might be able to teach us something that you discovered.

Have a great day growmie welcome.
He hasn't figured out how to put it in his signature yet, but here is the journal he has started.

So, Will, have a look at these helpful links for new members and get 'er done!

I just started another thread and tagged you. I think I did it right.
Aloha Will and welcome to 420. Haven't been here very long but the knowledge that I have acquired so far is awesome. I wouldn't mind if you tagged me also. Would like to follow your grow.
PS I would love to live where you do. Gets friggin' cold up here in Montreal, Canada.

Aloha Will and welcome to 420. Haven't been here very long but the knowledge that I have acquired so far is awesome. I wouldn't mind if you tagged me also. Would like to follow your grow.
PS I would love to live where you do. Gets friggin' cold up here in Montreal, Canada.
FYI, if you go to his journal (link provided above) and post something, that will automatically add it to your notifications list. Any new post in any thread you've replied to shows up when you click on the "Bell" icon at the top of the page.

Aloha Will,

to live in Hawaii and be able to grow year round sounds like Eden to me. What are you currently growing?

I have just started some White Widow, Big Bud, Super Skunk and Chocolope to be transplanted outside in about 6 weeks here in the Northeast US.

A lot of knowledgeable experience growers here and have learned a lot just reading through past posts on all aspects of cannabis
Aloha Rolling! My setup is a combo. Plants can’t really get more than 10-12 hours of sunshine here so I put the girls in a tent at night to increase their light exposure. Currently I have a gorilla glue going. The good news is I bred my last gorilla glue for seeds and the first couple popped so I think I have some healthy seeds to work with. That will make experimenting with what works best a little cheaper and stress free.

Aloha Scott! Thank you for the warm welcome. Yes, I feel very lucky to live in such a beautiful place. I want to take advantage of it by growing beautiful buds! Happy to tag you!

Thanks Azimuth! Is there a way to message a particular member to ask a question or do I just tag them in my post with a question? Thanks!:peace:
You can do dm's. Up at the top of the screen to the left of the 'bell' icon is an envelope. Click that and then click 'Start a new conversation'.

And nice job with your sig! :thumb:

Aloha @Will11 and welcome aboard! :)

I am also in Hawaii, living off-grid on solar, and growing year round using 2 small greenhouses, one for veg, one for flower. I use "night interruption" lighting in the veg house to control flowering, using 13w daylight spectrum LED light bulbs. In 2021 I had 4 harvests; this year maybe it will be 5. I grow in a custom-made soil mixture using Down to Earth organic ferts. I also add worm compost from our worm bins, perlite, and high-quality coconut coir. I'm using 15-gal home-made smart pots, so it's easy to move them in a wheel barrow from veg house to flower house. I have a low-tech cloning system using an inverted clear plastic tote as the humidity chamber, and getting 100% success with the clones. I use a 23w LED grow light for the clones. I don't keep mothers – I clone the clones. So far, so good. Mold is a problem, and I am still working on best solutions there. One thing I use often is a spray of hydrogen peroxide solution. For bugs I spray a neem oil solution which includes peppermint Dr. Bronner's soap. I will add a very small amount of pure orange oil (limonene) to that sometimes, which is a potent insecticide.

Feel free to ask me any questions, and good luck with your plants!

@Emilya Green
Hi Emmy!

Not sure this is the right place to ask a question. I tried to send a message but I couldn’t figure out how to add a pic. If you have a sec can you to tell me what you think? I have two white widow (420) they are 13 days old. I was comparing them to your recently completed auto. Yours look like it had a growth spurt around day 10 or so. Mine has not. I’m in solo cups (FFOF). I’m careful with my watering too. I feel like these are stunted but I’m not sure what I did wrong. I’m the guy who’s living in Hawaii who wants to grow mostly outside. I work all day so I can’t be home to watch the delicate seedlings for the wind (and sometimes rain) so until they’re a little more mature, I have them under lights for 13 hours from when I get home at around 5 pm until 6:30am the next morning. Then they come into my laundry room (darkness) during the day. I’d love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

DA9199AA-4C51-4B18-98DF-06C7FEA1FBF8.jpeg

D2E38CF8-578A-450B-97AC-75D1B9443BB6.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom