Absolutely Gutted!

Hey Bluter, there is apparently a bit of confusion over this. From what I hear, most if not all of the seedbanks claiming to be "inside" NZ actually are not, and they send them in through our customs like any other seedbank.

at least two of the three i mentioned are nz only seedbanks that do not ship outside of nz. they are nz only and located in the country itself. at least one is affiliated with a much larger more well-known bank but is run locally. all the seeds ship from addresses inside nz and do not go through customs.

do search as this has popped up previous.

at least two of the three i mentioned are nz only seedbanks that do not ship outside of nz. they are nz only and located in the country itself. at least one is affiliated with a much larger more well-known bank but is run locally. all the seeds ship from addresses inside nz and do not go through customs.

do search as this has popped up previous.
Hey Bluter, I'll certainly take another look, thanks. :thumb:

Hey Bluter, I'll certainly take another look, thanks. :thumb:

popular strains might be limited and there are some nz only strains we don't get. most of the original seedstock to build the banks was dutch. most are now producing their own strains off the original dutch stock.

Bluter, I looked at the three you mentioned, but the first one is Australia and they don't ship outside AU. In fact Australia has only recently relaxed cannabis laws, and I'm guessing that all legit companies over there are extremely careful not to screw up. King Seeds (NZ) and Herb Federation are indeed NZ seed banks, and they are great if you only want Tulips, and lettuce etc. Yes we have many "seed suppliers" in NZ, but they are strictly the sort of seeds you might find in the local garden centres, not cannabis seeds.

There are/have been quite a few bogus adverts for local cannabis seeds, but they are not legit, else they just pass-on the order to one of the many overseas seedbanks, whilst adding on their own profit.
I cannot see how a company could sell from inside NZ, as both the plant AND the seeds are illegal to posses or sell here.

I just did a search, and the first result was weed seeds nz dot com.
I cannot see how a company could sell from inside NZ, as both the plant AND the seeds are illegal to posses or sell here.
Well, it's not like they're applying for business licenses or anything.
There's a lot of illegal stuff for sale online.

I just did a search, and the first result was weed seeds nz dot com.

Well, it's not like they're applying for business licenses or anything.
There's a lot of illegal stuff for sale online.
I think they are located in Spain. I'm always a bit suspicious of a company who have NZ in their title, but when you search deeper you find that they are on the other side of the world.
Their small print says "...governed by the laws of Spain" or something like that.
Honestly, I have seen so many seedbanks purporting to be "local" and "NZ" in the title and descriptions, but then you find they are not. There have been quite a few articles and warnings about bogus seedbanks representing themselves as "New Zealand" seedbanks, but when in fact they are not. Then you are in the same boat as trying to get seeds through customs from a GOOD well known seedbank, if not worse, as many of these iffy ones maybe don't have the customer care as do the others. Also, no guarantees etc etc. Honestly, it's a minefield here!

If I have to order from overseas, at least I would prefer to do so with a good recognised seedbank, like those of our sponsors for example.

In USA and Europe, companies dont have to resort to such underhanded advertising to try to get customers to believe they are local, because well, they are just local and legal. But here, it's the sort of thing we have to look out for all the time.

Its not that there aren't any of the main legit companies still shipping to NZ it seems, but the hit rate on packages is so high by all accounts.

All that aside, I really appreciate you trying to help Melville, very much indeed. All you guys here rock!

Just to prove my point, this is a clip from one of the seedbanks that is supposed to be"local" , if you search their small print.
"Any/all of the links on this website are affiliate links of which we receive a small commission from the sale of certain items, but the price remains the same for you."
In other words, you order from a company that you believe is within your country (to avoid customs and seizures) only to find that they have passed your order onto some other unknown entity in a country God knows where, along with your details.... and then you may/may not get seeds, or maybe a knock at the door!

Just to prove my point, this is a clip from one of the seedbanks that is supposed to be"local" , if you search their small print.
"Any/all of the links on this website are affiliate links of which we receive a small commission from the sale of certain items, but the price remains the same for you."
In other words, you order from a company that you believe is within your country (to avoid customs and seizures) only to find that they have passed your order onto some other unknown entity in a country God knows where, along with your details.... and then you may/may not get seeds, or maybe a knock at the door!
I think if it were me Iā€™d have to go with what Renee recommended , Stunger Said 100% track record with Seedsman I think it was. Good luck brother. Hopefully someday soon all countries will wake up n realize how much money šŸ’µ in taxes they are missing out on n legalize it. CLšŸ€

I think if it were me Iā€™d have to go with what Renee recommended , Stunger Said 100% track record with Seedsman I think it was. Good luck brother. n realize how much money šŸ’µ in taxes they are missing out on n legalize it. CLšŸ€
"Hopefully someday soon all countries will wake up..."
Amen to that brother. It's all just politics and BS, we know that huh! Most politicians don't want to be know for legalising drugs, or at least those that individuals want to grow/use themselves. Different if a large pharmaceutical company is backing them and money is involved huh! Makes me sick!
Screw 'em all I say.
:cool:šŸŽ·

...I mean, who the hell has the right to say that an individual can't throw a few dam natural seeds on the ground and enjoy what comes up!
Well from what Iā€™ve seen from the Lord of the Rings movies šŸŽ„ itā€™s @ least a beautiful country over there šŸ‘‰ in the Shire. But it would be hard not to be enjoying it without a bit of the leaf šŸƒ for me pipe. lol šŸ˜‚ CLšŸ€. :bong::passitleft:

it's better your details are outside of the country where your law enforcement can't get at it. they can still compel seed companies inside nz to release that info.

@Herbies Seeds still ships to nz.

Good point Bluter, I didn't think of that!

i'm told the bigger issue with kiwiland is the one of a kind eco-system you have. the gov't is more scared of non-native plants introducing issues than they are about the effects of cannabis itself.

Back
Top Bottom