Absolutely Gutted!

Saxplayer

Okay, so I know I have to be a bit careful with the rules here, regarding purchasing seeds and wotnot, so if I overstep the plate please let me know moderators.

My angst is basically this. I have spent the last few WEEKS pouring over the various seedbanks looking for my next new "babies"... then I finally pull the pin, only to get the message that "we cannot deliver to your city/state...". In a blind panic I rang the company (UK based) and they gave me the bad news. "We no longer ship to NZ because too many shipments are being intercepted by customs and destroyed..."

AGHHHHHHH.... The humanity!

NZ is a wonderful place to live, and its also a fantastic place to "grow". But, it seems that every letter, every package, every parcel, goes through a screening process that would pick up a microbe on a fleas bum!

Well, the real issue apart from that, is that customs are obviously aware of the many "stealth packaging" examples that the seedbanks use in order that the seeds remain...... lets say, "discrete".

So, I though lets try some of the wonderful American seedbanks, and I will get them to deliver to a freight forwarding company (I have used a FFC for years so I can shop USA), but alas, they wont deliver to a freight forwarder.....

I'm gutted. I have just set up a new DWC tent, ordered a new Migrow LED etc etc..... cant get the bloody seeds now!!!!!!

Guess I'll have to start growing Orchids.

I really was looking forward to trying a few new (to me) strains, but seems I'm screwed! 😭

Okay, so I know I have to be a bit careful with the rules here, regarding purchasing seeds and wotnot, so if I overstep the plate please let me know moderators.

My angst is basically this. I have spent the last few WEEKS pouring over the various seedbanks looking for my next new "babies"... then I finally pull the pin, only to get the message that "we cannot deliver to your city/state...". In a blind panic I rang the company (UK based) and they gave me the bad news. "We no longer ship to NZ because too many shipments are being intercepted by customs and destroyed..."

AGHHHHHHH.... The humanity!

NZ is a wonderful place to live, and its also a fantastic place to "grow". But, it seems that every letter, every package, every parcel, goes through a screening process that would pick up a microbe on a fleas bum!

Well, the real issue apart from that, is that customs are obviously aware of the many "stealth packaging" examples that the seedbanks use in order that the seeds remain...... lets say, "discrete".

So, I though lets try some of the wonderful American seedbanks, and I will get them to deliver to a freight forwarding company (I have used a FFC for years so I can shop USA), but alas, they wont deliver to a freight forwarder.....

I'm gutted. I have just set up a new DWC tent, ordered a new Migrow LED etc etc..... cant get the bloody seeds now!!!!!!

Guess I'll have to start growing Orchids.

I really was looking forward to trying a few new (to me) strains, but seems I'm screwed! 😭
Have you tried @North Atlantic Seed Co , @Canuk Seeds , or @Herbies Seeds ? I don’t know if they deliver to N.Z. but I have personally dealt with the 3 of them n every one has great customer service and genetics. Good luck n happy growing. CL🍀

Have you tried @North Atlantic Seed Co , @Canuk Seeds , or @Herbies Seeds ? I don’t know if they deliver to N.Z. but I have personally dealt with the 3 of them n every one has great customer service and genetics. Good luck n happy growing. CL🍀
Only looked at Herbies out of the three, but they say that they dont guarantee to NZ because of the customs hit rates. I think ALL seedbanks are pretty much over NZ it seems!

The problems of getting seeds into NZ and Australia has come up frequently. Finding other growers in the group from that part of the planet is probably quicker than flying to Amsterdam;);).

@Phillybonker is from that area and went through something similar not all that long ago.

There is a sub-forum here for those countries. Have you checked there? The link will go to the Australia sub-forum and once there you will see that NZ is another sub-forum. And I noticed that there are threads about seeds.
https://www.420magazine.com/community/forums/australia.278/

The problems of getting seeds into NZ and Australia has come up frequently. Finding other growers in the group from that part of the planet is probably quicker than flying to Amsterdam;);).

@Phillybonker is from that area and went through something similar not all that long ago.

There is a sub-forum here for those countries. Have you checked there? The link will go to the Australia sub-forum and once there you will see that NZ is another sub-forum. And I noticed that there are threads about seeds.
https://www.420magazine.com/community/forums/australia.278/
Unfortunately the threads are ancient history it seems.

If it's really that difficult over there hunting down some regular seeds might be worth it.
Create your own bag of seeds so you got years of growing ahead, sex out a female and then use cuttings to fill the dwcs.
It's more time and more labour and it's not buying lots of new flavours to try out in a grow but you'll always be able to fire off some buds.

did you try looking ? - australian seed bank, king seeds, herb federation and a least a half dozen others are located inside new zealand itself.

If it's really that difficult over there hunting down some regular seeds might be worth it.
Create your own bag of seeds so you got years of growing ahead, sex out a female and then use cuttings to fill the dwcs.
It's more time and more labour and it's not buying lots of new flavours to try out in a grow but you'll always be able to fire off some buds.
Thats what I'm trying to do, but getting them is proving an issue. I have two strains at present, but wanted to try some of the more popular ones with better THC%

did you try looking ? - australian seed bank, king seeds, herb federation and a least a half dozen others are located inside new zealand itself.
Hey Bluter, there is apparently a bit of confusion over this. From what I hear, most if not all of the seedbanks claiming to be "inside" NZ actually are not, and they send them in through our customs like any other seedbank. This is where the issue lies. I think our customs guys are just too good at finding stuff, and even though "weed" is no big deal here anymore, the hit rate on packages is very high. Herbies has a Herbies NZ site, but again, they send stuff from overseas, so I really don't know why its called Herbies NZ . Absolutely no offence meant to the sponsor themselves, they are a great outfit. However, when I looked at ordering from Herbies , the small print says "In the event that a package has been seized by customs, the Entrepreneur reserves the right not to resend or refund, since the Entrepreneur cannot predict or influence the work of customs authorities in a particular country..."
This is a dealbreaker for me I'm afraid, especially if I pay extra for discrete shipping. With other seedbanks (not all) they will send again and again until you get them. That said, I fully appreciate their dilemma as a company not wanting to have to keep doing this.

I'll take a look. I'm getting desperate! I'm even thinking of flying to feking Amsterdam and bringing them back m'self! Not kidding either!
Hey Sax I have just PM'ed you. Of the sponsors here I have so far had 100% successful deliveries from Weedseedsexpress and Seedsman.

This is a dealbreaker for me I'm afraid, especially if I pay extra for discrete shipping. With other seedbanks (not all) they will send again and again until you get them. That said, I fully appreciate their dilemma as a company not wanting to have to keep doing this.
The caveat on re-sends is that it is usually only offered if the recipient chooses delivery with full tracking, something that may not appeal if getting sent to a country where it is illegal.

I have to say, you guys on here are fantastic. So helpful, so informative. Thank you all, and for any PM's too, which is a good idea I think, so as not to give too much info on public viewing pages. ;)
If only the rest of the world's issues had such great camaraderie, it would be a safe easygoing nice place to live.
Just wanted to say that.😊

I have to say, you guys on here are fantastic. So helpful, so informative. Thank you all, and for any PM's too, which is a good idea I think, so as not to give too much info on public viewing pages. ;)
If only the rest of the world's issues had such great camaraderie, it would be a safe easygoing nice place to live.
Just wanted to say that.😊
Big shoutout to the staff n members of 420 for trying to help a brother grower get his hands on some good beans 🫘. CL🍀 :thanks::420::passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom