Accidental 1st time grower, in Australia

TallT

420 Member
Hi there
My son brought some seeds home & we set a challenge to see if we could get them to grow! It’s seems they have/are but after trawling through the masses of information here I’m confused about where to go from here...

they were germinated inside & have been moved into big pots outside with a mixture of tomato growing nutrients & some water helping stuff (vermiculite?) mixed through the soil.

its now autumn, getting colder & shorter daylight hours now but they appear to have buds!???

please give me some advice on what to do now, let them keep going? Harvest? Move them somewhere warmer? Ugh...thank you some much for any help!

3E3880DC-4F30-4713-A490-D8E341073975.jpeg

A8067AC2-E57C-41B6-BEFB-A7129BF8B2B7.jpeg

Hey mate, like @Stoned Ape said the second looks like a male/hermaphrodite get rid of it before it produces pollen and you get seeds on your other plant. Let the first one finish up. If you don't have a way of checking trichomes (crystals) wait until your pistils (white hairs) are about all brown. Sometimes if plants are started inside on a longer light schedule, anything past seedling stage and then moved outside they will start to flower. The vege light cycle 18hrs light 6 hours dark (18/6), flower cycle 12hrs light 12hrs dark (12/12). But in your situation it would be due to the out door season here in Aus being finished. The days are too short for vegeing and any plant put outdoors now will start flowering.

Hey friend! Chances are that male already released pollen. DON'T FRET, for an accidental first try that might not be too terrible.

First you're still gonna have smoke from the female and it's still prolly gonna be good but it looks like there may already be seeds forming on the top plant, which by my crappy eyes looks female. You can smoke that. Keep the seeds.

The bigger issue might be what looks like bud rot in the middle of the top plant. There's something brown and manky halfway up the plant. Closeups of both plants would be incredibly helpful.

Soooo were these autos? Do you know?

At this point I would say look forward to your first harvest and some of your first homemade genetics. Let them finish, get the seeds....smoke it all!

THEN we can help you get a journal going on here where we can follow along as the plants progress.

Thank you everyone, so is the boy completely useless? Pull it out from the roots & throw it in the bin?

Hi there
My son brought some seeds home & we set a challenge to see if we could get them to grow! It’s seems they have/are but after trawling through the masses of information here I’m confused about where to go from here...

they were germinated inside & have been moved into big pots outside with a mixture of tomato growing nutrients & some water helping stuff (vermiculite?) mixed through the soil.

its now autumn, getting colder & shorter daylight hours now but they appear to have buds!???

please give me some advice on what to do now, let them keep going? Harvest? Move them somewhere warmer? Ugh...thank you some much for any help!

3E3880DC-4F30-4713-A490-D8E341073975.jpeg

A8067AC2-E57C-41B6-BEFB-A7129BF8B2B7.jpeg
Great garden my friend @TallT Welcome to 420magazine. :welcome:
I'm not sure how cold she gets at night but she is flowering and not finished yet.
As the days get shorter she flowers automatically.
You will have to wait until all the white pistols turn red and crinkle in before she is finished.
If its too cold at night can you bring her inside and back out in the morning.
Otherwise give her more time and watch the pistols.
When they are red we can help you time your harvest.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom