ACE Killer A5 Haze

Hi Oss, hows it going or need i ask by looking at those pictures, nice nice, not to much longer now, i see they have bulked up some more and the pistols are starting to curl, they should be pulling in soon, can't wait to see chop day. How the smell pretty nice i bet.
:passitleft:

Hey 1neeye.... smells in this girl have been weird, they have been changing significantly.

Early in she didn’t smell hardly at all, stem rubs were the only source of any terpenes and that consisted of pine in the stem rubs with really no odor on the young developing buds. That stayed that way up until maybe around week 7-8 even. Really no scent. Opening the tent would give a mild, mild generic green weed snell. Nothing to write home about.

The lady few weeks terpenes have picked up. The buds started getting that pine scent when touched or when brushing up against them. Then it picked up a bit of a citrus scent on the backend.

Last week or so around week ten, after getting home from work I reached in to check on her and I swore I smelled gasoline on my hands, so much so that I thought I had gotten some on me somehow while driving home.

That lasted only about a week, and this week that has changed yet again. Best way I can describe it now is that it smells like soap. Like a bar of Irish Soring soap. Maybe with a little pine and something else in there too that I can’t quite put my finger on. The strain description says incense, and I could see that, but it is secondary. Up front primary is a soapy pine smell maybe with a bit of an incense back end.

Not sure what smell you prefer, but myself i love the smell of pine and fuel,not so much incense, i'm sure the smell could change again from the sounds of it. 10 weeks from seed now.

This Saturday will be 12 weeks flowering into this girl, and I’m being told by Dubi and others that she needs at least another two weeks somewhere in the range of 14-16 weeks. I’m going to give her another light feeding tonight, then switch to molasses for a few waterings.... then back to straight RO for the finish. She is starting to get sticky so hopefully she will pump up more resin in the coming weeks. ;)

Day 60

I agree, shortly after my last update I disassembled a solsheet I had lying around and fastened the 3500k solstrip X2s to the sides of the support beams in my tent. I bought a wattage meter and adjusted the 120w driver down to 50 watts, also I adjusted the SF1000 up just a hair to 110 watts For a total of 160w now, or 40w/sqft.

About a week ago I gave her a small top dressing of a 2-4-6 granular and started hitting her hard with fish/seaweed as she immediately started eating up her lower leaves as soon as o added the extra lighting, signaling she needed more feed. She’s reported to be a heavy eater.

I’m now seeing a touch of burn so I’m going to back off a bit. Next watering will be straight RO. After that I’m going to switch to bio bizz Bloom at a lighter 2ml/L. She responded well to the extra light and extra feed and has started bulking up accordingly.

Also I should update, her scent has picked up a little and changed as well. Previously she was not throwing out much scent at all but stem rubs where giving off a lemony soda pop effervescence type smell. That has changed to a very distinct pure pine smell... with maybe a hint of eucalyptus. Only on the stem rub though or brushing your hands in direct contact with the flowers. I was assuming the low scent has to be coming from the NL genealogy and now with the profile changing to predominantly pine that supports that opinion, she seems like a very A5 leaning phenotype more so than malawi.:rollit::yummy:

29373AE0-F11A-49BC-98B7-7CC78C1C3362.jpeg
830D840D-E39C-4745-B107-E0E8C3A9E242.jpeg
735681B8-4736-466F-B9DC-EFAB52EA44FF.jpeg
B6D15AD9-19C8-45FD-AE4D-ABD04B8668F7.jpeg
Hey Ozz, one last thing. How long did u veg A5? She looks to be perfect height. :high-five:
I veg my MxP for about 5 weeks, which was too long. Just a big plant in my 4x2..
Cheers bud, A5 looking sweet

Hey Ozz, one last thing. How long did u veg A5? She looks to be perfect height. :high-five:
I veg my MxP for about 5 weeks, which was too long. Just a big plant in my 4x2..
Cheers bud, A5 looking sweet

Thank you kindly :)

I vegged her just shy of six weeks from breaking above ground. Although I did have some issues in veg that probably slowed her down a bit. Her she was at day day 1 of 12/12

1596122669158.jpeg

12 weeks on the dot. I feed her two days ago, biobloom at 2 ml/liter and she responded by blowing up even more. Shooting out pistils everywhere and fattening up. I’m thinking I’ll follow up with a couple molasses waterings next week (week 13), then straight RO the week after (week 14) and plan to take her around then depending on how she looks although some are saying even four more weeks :oops:

Beware picture overload, I’m enamored with this girl

9175FA29-F8E3-4AA1-8C85-CF9C96CE51AD.jpeg
32C2B2A1-F3C2-40DA-97F7-CAED5BD4E325.jpeg
E4194CD4-235B-4426-8EE2-B94D33141FE0.jpeg
810CB683-53AA-4453-BA5E-1EE5C46B179B.jpeg
CC0B6076-9D30-419C-8371-C9604AAA7A38.jpeg
497B26E3-5783-4428-9AF2-B92A2830317B.jpeg
8AE65968-C59D-477D-81F7-D8AFBFEB7F31.jpeg
98BF0EF3-03A0-4717-94C2-B00C7865DDD3.jpeg
27CD6F7B-0BEE-42F4-B537-AF7AF6226545.jpeg

Ohhhh my God Ozz, there looking wonderful, and just keep getting BIGGER. Yes looks like they will go at least another two week anyways. :goodjob: :theband:

Thanks bud! Honestly I think I could make this girl absolutely explode if I feed her for another two weeks, but I want to bring her in for the landed sooner rather than later. I have multiple clones of her though so I’m going to run her again and when I do I’ll know exactly how to run her. This go around I stopped feeding for a week at 10 weeks which caused her to eat all her fans and dump them. On next run I won’t stop feeding, I’ll give her nonstop feed all the way to 13 weeks, then straight RO for two weeks looking for a 15 week finish (from clone).

She clones ridiculously easy. On my clone test I out one straight into soil with generic powdered rooting hormone, I put two into my fish tank filters, and one in a glass of water on the windowsill. All of them rooted, with the fish tank filter clones rooting in four days, the soil clone establishing next, and the windowsill clone sprouting nubs after 6 days.

I can’t wait to see how she smokes I might have to keep this one around as a permanent mother until something displaces her. Time will tell. ;)

Week 13 on this beast! She’s like a pissed off gladiator trying to break off her shackles as she swells and bends and twists :rofl:

I continued to feed her last week, in response she swelled further, busting out at the seems with bud and new pistils everywhere. I tie her up sufficiently (I thought) and cone back to check on her the next day only to find she has pulled and stretched out the tie downs in the opposite direction. lol.

Im going to pull her out today and see if I can get her tied up better.... again.... for the third time. My bamboo stakes still arent here so working with what I have.

Im switching her to molasses only this week, then starting next week straight RO until she finishes.

She has nearly no fan leaves now, and the ones she does have are drying up or getting swallowed up by bud development.

I can’t help but to think I didn’t run her properly, but I know exactly what I would do if I run her again, depending on how the smoke turns out, as I have plenty of clones. I would continue feeding nonstop straight until week 13, then molasses for a week and straight water to the finish. This run I stopped feeding at week 10 thinking she would be done at week 12.... when I did that she immediately ate up all her fans.

I think by running her with light but continuous feed with no interruptions I could keep her in better shape longer, because as of now she seems to want to do more but she doesn’t have any fan leaves to do anything about it.

Ive learned a lot from this grow, I’m convinced I could do better next time around with her ;)

5D7ADE33-E979-4E05-83A6-F42A9CC84C2D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom