Acmpr growing my own

Hi All,

I just recently received my grow licence.

To my surprise, it became valid 3 days after it arrived in the mail. Yes you read that right. Not 3 months before I received it in the mail.

This obviously is new. Anybody know why?

I submitted the original application at the end of January. I needed to clarify a piece of information for them in late April, but they fast tracked the whole thing from there. It arrived on May 29, dated June 1.

Is this related to C-46?

Peace. :peace:

Me Again,

Has anyone seen a legal opinion regarding when it becomes legal to grow your 4 recreational plants?

I am of the opinion that when Bill C-45 got royal assent, recreational growing became legal. Thoughts?

Anybody remember the name of the Toronto Cannabis lawyer? He may have represented the Cannabis Culture defendants.

Thanks,

Hi All,

To my surprise, it became valid 3 days after it arrived in the mail. Yes you read that right. Not 3 months before I received it in the mail.

This obviously is new. Anybody know why?

I submitted the original application at the end of January. I needed to clarify a piece of information for them in late April, but they fast tracked the whole thing from there. It arrived on May 29, dated June 1.

Is this related to C-46?

They announced this a few months back. I guess the complaints were loud enough.

The complaints to federal court (someone posted the way to do that easily) may have helped.

Me Again,

Has anyone seen a legal opinion regarding when it becomes legal to grow your 4 recreational plants?

I am of the opinion that when Bill C-45 got royal assent, recreational growing became legal. Thoughts?

Anybody remember the name of the Toronto Cannabis lawyer? He may have represented the Cannabis Culture defendants.

Thanks,

I think legislation comes with an effective date, separate from the process milestone dates. I had no choice but to start, because I cant grow inside. mdw is allergic to the terpenes.

Lol. Isn't that a bit like telling the cops that the only reason you broke into the local McDonalds and (cooked and) stole a Big Mac was that, although they were going to be giving them away tomorrow afternoon, you won't be in the area tomorrow so you figured, WtH, you'd go ahead and get yours a little early?

Entertaining, sure - but probably not a legal defense.

I look at it more like this: A guys get stopped with corn, sugar and yeast in his truck. He gets busted for moonshining. Except there isn't any moonshine or alcohol.

I cant imagine they would do much of anything for an early start at this point.

Also I'm fortunate to have lots of outdoor space. My plants are nowhere near each other, and tough to see. When they get stinky people may notice, but there are skunks around from time to time so they will just think its that.

The heat, the ticks, and the deer flies eliminate anybody walking around near them. The wild turkeys and other critters walking around eliminate any noticeable 'path' through the long grasses and wildflowers. I think I'm good

Are you guys doing an outdoor this summer?

Production (12) (4) Unless authorized under this Act, it is prohibited for an individual who is 18 years of age or older to cultivate, propagate or harvest, or to offer to cultivate, propagate or harvest,

(a) a cannabis plant that is from a seed or plant material that they know is illicit cannabis; or
(b) more than four cannabis plants at any one time in their dwelling-house.

Does that type taste or look different than the approved stuff, lol? Because, if not... <SCRATCHES HEAD>

And just HtH does one end up with illicit seeds in a country that has businesses which have been openly selling cannabis seeds for years?

It is nice that the legislators included the language "that they know is..." That would seem to leave the potential defendants with a bit of an out. They don't just have to prove that you were doing something wrong - they have to prove that you KNEW you were doing something wrong.

BtW... Clonal organisms... If you cut a branch off an existing plant and then root it, it is technically a plant in its own right. But what if it's still part of the "mother," lol? Lots of people who have grown outside have found that a branch, if heavy enough to sag onto the ground, often grows roots at that contact point. Is it still ONE plant? It's still "all in one piece," and the "mother" is still supplying nutrients - ergo, one plant, right?

You can do that with container grows, too, even indoors. Admittedly, you tend to end up with what would charitably be called "a horrible f*cking mess" in your grow room, lol, but...

See: Pando
Pando (Latin for "spread out"), also known as the Trembling Giant, is a clonal colony of an individual male quaking aspen (Populus tremuloides) determined to be a single living organism by identical genetic markers and assumed to have one massive underground root system. The plant occupies 43 hectares (106 acres) and is estimated to weigh collectively 6,000,000 kilograms (6,600 short tons), making it the heaviest known organism. The root system of Pando, at an estimated 80,000 years old, is among the oldest known living organisms.
Pando (tree) - Wikipedia

I read, several years ago, that some cannabis grows in Australia were single-plant ones, some of them lit by literally thousands of watts - because punishments were determined by plant count. Seems to be somewhat of the same situation. You are going to be legal - but only for a limited number of plants. I might just be talking out of my hind end, here; I'm not a lawyer, or even Canadian. But I'd definitely be looking into this if I was. How much bud could you pull off of ONE plant... given completely unrestricted lighting, CO₂, and temperature control, lol? Might be a good reason to build an environmentally-controlled greenhouse.

'lo.

You are HashGirl's significant other, yes? Assuming so, I'm glad you got that :thumb:.

I seem to remember reading a while back that you were having some germination issues. If so, I hope you have overcome them. Anyway...

If a person is legal to grow in Canada as a caregiver, are they then still allowed to grow their own four legal recreational plants? If not, that seems to be a case of a law doing documentable harm (depending on how you want to look at it, either to you by not allowing you yours, or to her by forcing you to stop being her med supplier if you choose, instead, to grow your own four). The reason I'm asking is - and this is from a US citizen's perspective, of course, so it may or may not even apply - it's a rarely used used defense strategy, but people have escaped conviction (now and then) by demonstrating to the court that they would have endured more harm by following a law than by breaking it. I do not remember the Latin term, lol. I'm not meaning mere mitigation (factors that would influence the sentence of someone who gets convicted), but actual exoneration.

Err... Probably not. Just jabbering (as per usual).

And just HtH does one end up with illicit seeds in a country that has businesses which have been openly selling cannabis seeds for years?

They are all considered illegal. Any seed that comes from a source - other than a licensed producer - is illegal.

If a person is legal to grow in Canada as a caregiver, are they then still allowed to grow their own four legal recreational plants?.

No. You can't piggy back. My script of 3 grams allows for 11 indoor or 3 outdoor plants. Growing 15 indoor plants would be an offense & they could pull my grow license.

But . . . I have to give them permission to step onto my property unless they come with a search warrant so unless you get tagged for something nefarious, no one will ever know. Outdoor is tougher because they can just peak over the fence . . . :ganjamon:

Ian

They are all considered illegal. Any seed that comes from a source - other than a licensed producer - is illegal

Almost all ACMPR people are not using LP genetics and has never been an issue. So I wonder what happens if you are say at 1gpd (5 plants), drop down to recreational and continue with the ACMPR genetics? Until they genetically modify the plants to test for a certain "thing" it will continue to be a non-issue IMO!

Hi All,

Yup, HG is my significant other. My ray of sunshine. :)

We are looking at years of lawsuits to sort this whole Prohibition 2.0 out.

For medical users, they can't limit your seed options. So I'm sure if seed sourcing becomes an issue for recreational users, it will end up in court (why should medical users get better seed choices?).

My take is that in addition to your medical grow licence you are allowed 4 plants recreational. It is only my opinion, but I can't see being punished because you have a medical grow licence. Keep it low key and it shouldn't be an issue. This could go to court also. The downside is that a criminal charge will mess up your grow licence.

In closing, as Ian notes, No Warrant, No Entry. The authorities are not your friends.

Also I'm fortunate to have lots of outdoor space. My plants are nowhere near each other, and tough to see. When they get stinky people may notice, but there are skunks around from time to time so they will just think its that.

The heat, the ticks, and the deer flies eliminate anybody walking around near them. The wild turkeys and other critters walking around eliminate any noticeable 'path' through the long grasses and wildflowers. I think I'm good

Are you guys doing an outdoor this summer?
Man, I wish we had wild turkeys up here. Just pheasant and grouse :(

Back
Top Bottom