Add another light?

ajr1030

I’m on day 14 for my Jack herer autos in a 4x4 tent. I’m a first time grower and it seems like they are where they should be at this stage. I’m using the Viparspectra 600w Timer Series. Wondering if I should add a second light before flower or will that be too much of a shock to the plants as they veg?

The pic is from 2 days ago.

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• 18687FC4-8720-4BAC-AC8A-A40102E4DD89.jpeg
    18687FC4-8720-4BAC-AC8A-A40102E4DD89.jpeg
    691.8 KB · Views: 46
How many plants over what area?

How many plants? I think that your light is sufficient for the entire veg for sure. Bloom depends on how much bud want. Its not gonna out perform a 288 qb or 600w hps but If its just for you and is your first grow then I'd stick with that light you have and make the most of it. Heaps have gotten sick Buds with that light in the past

The only time you need to add another light for that single plant is when it's spread too far outside direct light coverage or it's a weak low wattage light. If your vipar is actually 600w draw at the wall then you have plenty of wattage for a single plant. Generally for the best results you want 50 watts per square foot.
50w per square foot for great yields.
40w per square foot for good yields
30w per square foot for medium yields.
Anything under that and you'd be looking at lower yields. Good for first timers that aren't worried too much about yields or just trying to have fun growing. Nut if quality and quantity are what you're after, 40 to 50w sq ft is what you want.

Now if you really want to do great, you'll DIY lighting. I went with 12x quantum boards 132 (qb132). Hooked up the recommended power supply to it and I can adjust how many watts I want going through 4 boards. Perfect coverage and perfect watts.

Back
Top Bottom