Aero clone help please

cnile

How do you prep ur moms for cloning in aero cloner.

Which of these would you cut and where.

Would you put nodes into the aero cloner or just stem.

Thanks
Here's the jack Herer mom I want clones from.
c5bed6d39e09a7b3e7c9a72fe36b7dae.jpg
7ef9060e7b7dd4c92722bd0789db26d2.jpg
3f94d2b03db8e4874eab50d80c19fdf0.jpg
b59fcbedae1631fe6aecf1c9491be723.jpg
34b6cb15df6bef95aa5c7470771986cf.jpg
dbb547ddc68df97fcde7e746cfb23ac5.jpg
b59cfcfb5ee47eb2c115290d382679df.jpg
6f5c358a9502abc932680466606293db.jpg
60ee17b6bfcdd645183960b58c479210.jpg
decca221a0fc3afd40876af1ea878cde.jpg
21b28eb091f9a6948099acac668f892c.jpg

Thanks.

Btw it's diy Ez-cloner pretty much. Misting heads in res with net cup and neoprene inserts

Sent from my iPhone using 420

ive been reducing nitrogen---
from Botanicare Cal-mag Plus (2-0-0)
to General Hydroponic Cali Magic(1-0-0)

and switching----
General Hydroponic Flora nova Grow (7-4-10)
to 1/2 grow and 1/2 bloom for a 1-1-1 transition phase to full bloom nutes----
ill switch to 100% nova bloom after a few watering of the 1/2 1/2 grow/bloom 1-1-1

that will bring me to---
Cali Magic (1-0-0)
Nova Bloom (4-8-7)

for reduced nitrogen

Does anyone know what else to help her get ready. should i be doing rooting nutes on her also? should i give her general hydroponics rapid start, or some superthrive?

should those be in the mother before i take cuttings? or is there anything to increase my chance for rooting and speed up process.

thanks all

Aerocloners are really great for cloning. Pretty hard to mess it up. Only real issue would be if water was too warm.

Take a clone of around 6inches. Select clone and cut at 45degree and then place immediately in water. This will stop an embolysm occuring. I leave my clones in water for 5 mins or so then straight into aerocloner. You want about 3inch below collar if poss.

You can dip clones in clonex. Id recommend adding a little cannazym or sensizym to the rez and some liquid orca.

There are many thoughts on how to do. I dont ever change water, i just top it up occasionally.

As for prepping mothers dont worry so much. As long as they healthy they will root. Just dont use clones from plants that are sick or have nute issues.

I agree with Cultivator except re the air bubble/embolism thing, which is just a myth as far as I can figure out. Test of the 'Air bubble theory' - cloning experiment
Cuttings are the same as regular clones but temps are maybe even more important and you don't want to get much over 70°, at least in my limited experience. I built an aerocloner but eventually went on to other methods because in my grow it was a pain in the ass/impossible to control the temps quite well enough.

So water temps around 70f in res right?

How about do I stick a node into the aero cloner or just plain stem

Someone told me go higher temps tell roots then lower temps.

Thanks

Aerocloners are really great for cloning. Pretty hard to mess it up. Only real issue would be if water was too warm.

Take a clone of around 6inches. Select clone and cut at 45degree and then place immediately in water. This will stop an embolysm occuring. I leave my clones in water for 5 mins or so then straight into aerocloner. You want about 3inch below collar if poss.

You can dip clones in clonex. Id recommend adding a little cannazym or sensizym to the rez and some liquid orca.

There are many thoughts on how to do. I dont ever change water, i just top it up occasionally.

As for prepping mothers dont worry so much. As long as they healthy they will root. Just dont use clones from plants that are sick or have nute issues.

Sensizym and liquid orca. I was gonna do clonez solution.

Can u say why u recommend those two. And when to add to res. And just those two to res right.

So ro water, add calmag?
Then add liquid orca and sensizyme the ph it?

What ph plz.

Thanks

Ok thanks. Just last thing here.

Do I stick a node down into the misting cloner or just a stem down there under the neoprene collar

Add them straight away. Orca will give strong white roots and sensizym helps keep res clean. You want rez temps at 69f preferably.

Sent from my SM-G925F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

One more sorry. So don't use my powder great white in it? I should get liquid orca even if I have great white?

It's iffy whether the beneficial bacteria/fungi stuff can make a difference in a place like that where it has nowhere to live. Some people use peroxide but it didn't save me. . More important to keep temps down and aerated conditions (that second one shouldn't be a problem), which makes conditions that work against the bacteria and slime type growths which we don't want.

I still don't get the node thing.

Do they HAVE to have node in root area, Inside the misting area of cloner.

So are roots forming only from a node?

Do multiple nodes inside cloner make more roots?

If I put a clone in with no node, just stem inside the machine do those still root.

They will roots without a node or anything in it beside tap water.
I still give some enzyme and don't look at ph in my cloner.
My tap is ph 7,2 and clones go in soil for mothers or coco for production.
I place my cloner on a the floor in my basement to keep temps ok as the pump heat up the water a bit over time.

Usually takes 5 - 10 days to see roots.

No need to ph. If you put the node at the bottom of the collar it roots better but will root with out it.

Adding beneficial bacteria def makes a difference. It gives way hairier stronger roots. Ive ran sterile, with and without nutes, enzyms. The best results come from a res thats never changed out and ran constantly. Topped up with water as needed and carbo load added every couple weeks to feed bacteria.

No need to ph. If you put the node at the bottom of the collar it roots better but will root with out it.

Adding beneficial bacteria def makes a difference. It gives way hairier stronger roots. Ive ran sterile, with and without nutes, enzyms. The best results come from a res thats never changed out and ran constantly. Topped up with water as needed and carbo load added every couple weeks to feed bacteria.

This sounds like your saying in your aero cloner you do not change water between cutting cycles, you don't clean the machine, instead you let just allow it to renew by refilling to proper level as it gets low.

Then u say add carb load every couple weeks

Are you saying you don't change your aero clone res for month at a time, only top up with fresh water?

Now u guys saying don't ph the solution? What?

So just hope for the best and if its 4 ph it's ok? No way.

What if I put silica in and ph was ph 10 or something. Not to mention without ph metals will precipitate from solution. Isn't that right?

How do you guys explain no need to ph. Is that only when using things like benificial orca and sensizyme ???? That might make more sense.

Im sure there's a reason ur saying it though.

Well it's Cultivator that's saying it. But personally I don't ph plain water. Whatever ph plain water has is basically an empty value, as it's just plain water.

True plain water will always be 7. Rainwater is around 5.6 at least where I live, because it gets a little carbon in it from the atmosphere in its travels, but it's still a meaningless number because I barely need to show it the bottle of ph+ or ph- , like add just one drop to a five gallon bucket and it will easily shift. Because it's (almost) plain water and contains (almost) nothing else to make it acidic/alkaline.

If your water is a high ppm solution coming from the tap or a well then maybe you should adjust ph, since in that case it's not plain water anymore.

But really- there's no need to overthink things too much. I'd just take some cuttings- 4-6" long, put them in the collars in the net pots if that's your system, fill up the cloner and turn it on. Keep it in a cool place. The pump tends to heat the water up.

I havent cleaned or changed completely my res's in aerocloners for 2 years. I just top up with water when needed. I get great results.

But my enevironments are correct and my clones are solid. Ph is irrelevant when theres no rootzone. Once roots develop then transplant. Its really simple

Place clones in aerocloner and forget about them til they root.

adfa2134226f1cf0270da576770987c5.jpg

Gonna give her a go your way for my first run with it Cultivator. Thanks again and I'll keep updates here

Back
Top Bottom