Afghan & Lemon Grow - 1st Grow

MrJ1209

First time grower here and I'm so exited to get going! I'm growing amnesia lemon and afghan cow!

I have a 250w cfl light and it's in a 60 x 60 x 120 grow tent (cm).

The seeds have been germinated and potted! They are little tiny baby's at the moment will post some photos soon!

Thinking about topping both girls, any useful / beginners information will be appreciated!

I will keep on top of the grow bible, they both poked above the soil yesterday! (7/10/16)

I hope this goes well!

420-magazine-mobile1292119062.jpg

re: Afghan & Lemon Grow - 1st Grow

420-magazine-mobile2043115887.jpg

Left is afghan
Right is amnesia

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Welcome to the forums MrJ, all the information you could desire is within this community. If your interested, take a peek at my topping and training tutorials. They'll give you a better idea of what your preference may be. I'll tag along and watch the adventure unfold, good luck and...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Looks good! Make sure to let that soil dry out a little bit so those roots can explore

Sent from my SM-N910V using 420

Haven't watered them for awhile now. Soils still moist from when it was a tap root :3
420-magazine-mobile1381195022.jpg

I've got a quick question if anyone can help, I've got 2 fairly big sized pot with 10L of soil in each. Now the pots aren't full with soil is it worth downgrading to a 10L pot or filling the existing ones, or simply leave as is. These pots seem to be about 15L

You can simply fill these existing pots with more soil. Bury the stems up to the cotyledons if you want or need to. Then you can up size again in a few weeks. Those look more like 3or5 litres. But I can't quite tell from that angle. But yeah, use more dirt in those pots for now.

You can simply fill these existing pots with more soil. Bury the stems up to the cotyledons if you want or need to. Then you can up size again in a few weeks. Those look more like 3or5 litres. But I can't quite tell from that angle. But yeah, use more dirt in those pots for now.

420-magazine-mobile1074953295.jpg

Each one has 10L of potting soil in :)

Not much is happening in such early stages, I'm just patiently waiting for them to grow. I'm going to top both plants later in veg, once they have 5/6 nodes so they can recover faster as I'm inpatient enough how is! Here's and update pic I'm keeping the diary for my own personal benefit as well as anyone who follows along!

Keep toking ~J
420-magazine-mobile1198486384.jpg

Oh ok ok, now is see what you're talking about. They're in Starter pots currently. If you can get more soil to put in so that the soil is about an inch from the top that would be ideal. More room for roots equals bigger plants above ground. You can leave them in those smaller pots for a good week still without concern, the Transplant is not urgent.

KiG :green_heart:

Awesome, I've got 140cm tall tent. Excluding the light fan etc I've probably got 105-110cm of usable room excluding the pots. With this restricted space would you still recommend filling the ones I've got for a bigger root system or downgrading. I'm planning on topping the plants so height will be controlled moderately, thanks Snid.
~J

Those bigger pots you have will do fine for a medium plant. You shouldn't have any root problems if you fill those pots to within a couple inches of the rim. It will make watering later on much easier then if you got to pour down the plant to water. Like I said they can stay I those starter pots for another week at least, gives you time to find some soil.

So not much is going on still, going to give it 2 days and then going to a 5 day water cycle / 10 day nutrition cycle. I'm using baby bio for veg which is N - 10.6 P - 4.4 and K - 1.4. I've decided against topping both and are going to make them compete! Lemon is going to be topped and afghan cow is remaining un-pruned. Here's a little update picture, to be repotted Sunday!
~J
420-magazine-mobile1531906217.jpg

So I managed to transplant my babies yesterday. I brought another 10L's of soil and filled both pots although it looks like it hasn't made the slightest bit of difference! I was surprised with the root system of these two already! Almost pot bound already! Anyway, I'll be starting my feeding cycle soon, I'm going to feed them their first dose of neuts a week today. Here they are in their new pots! As previously stated as well, I'm going to top the lemon (closest) and leave afghan how it is, I hope you guys are well

~J
420-magazine-mobile1232079588.jpg

Right so lemon haze is loving her new pot! I'm not to sure about afghan, any advice would be appreciated, she is going greener I'm not sure if this is some sort of deficiency or whether it's just normal, I've included them both and a close up of each. I've buying a small fan to put in the tent sometime soon :) cheers 420.

Keep toking
~J
420-magazine-mobile212487308.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1058648410.jpg
420-magazine-mobile142117200.jpg

Different strains can look different in shades of green. So far they look happy and healthy, roots are a good sign for how well the plant is moving along. If it's expanding its root system, it's growing. It may not be growing inches a day above the dirt, but below it could be. Remember to let it dry between feedings slightly, don't let it dry out. But don't flood it. The soil looks good in the pictures. In the beginning I water very little every 2 - 3 days depending on temps. Also try putting a bit in the tray under the pot once, get the bottom of the soil wet also. Early on over saturating a seedling can uproot it, but you have an established root system. Which is looking for water below the plant. So solely watering the top down may not be hitting the roots looking for water this early on. I have noticed some big growth when I add about 1 cup of straight water to my tray, it wicks up into the soil through the air holes and the next day my plants are bigger and wider. But I'd say early on, don't do this every time as the plants need air coming up also.

From my arborist friends, the canopy will only be about as big as the roots extend. So if the roots stop at the edge of the pot, your canopy will be roughly that size also ( unless LST, SCROG which is manually manipulated canopy ). May not be a perfect comparison since they talk about trees, but standing under a developed tree you can walk the canopy and think, the roots are more than likely all the way out to that edge.

So bigger pots = bigger canopy / plant

We are just limited because of indoor

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Well well it has been awhile but the change is amazing, I've still a little worried about afghan, she seems very crisp! Still haven't topped my lemon as waiting a couple more days! Hope you guys are well
420-magazine-mobile1071609307.jpg

420-magazine-mobile262864325.jpg
420-magazine-mobile387558444.jpg

Keep toking
~J

Know any reason to this? As I've treated them both exactly the same. One of them (probably Afghan) struggled getting repotted, I don't know if this is the reason. I've given her one does of neuts she seems to be healthy under the top set of leaves? Cheers bro

Keep toking
~J

Back
Top Bottom